Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm torn on this, but the success of Portland after losing Aldridge for nothing (they got better) makes me not desperate to hang on to DD at any cost. I could easily see the team being improved with Norm starting at the 2 next year instead of DD.
    that's a bold statement about Norm. I think he could come down to Earth next year.

Comment

I'm torn on this, but the success of Portland after losing Aldridge for nothing (they got better) makes me not desperate to hang on to DD at any cost. I could easily see the team being improved with Norm starting at the 2 next year instead of DD.
      I'm no longer torn on this.

I'm all in on platooning Powell and Ross at the 2 next year. Let's save us some money.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        I'm no longer torn on this.

I'm all in on platooning Powell and Ross at the 2 next year. Let's save us some money.
        A guy who could be great to complete this rotation is Kent Bazemore. He would probably come here for less than half of DD's money and he would fit in greatly.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          A guy who could be great to complete this rotation is Kent Bazemore. He would probably come here for less than half of DD's money and he would fit in greatly.
          No more Hawks system guys. Unless we're getting Messina.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I like Bazemore as well assuming Derozan is gone. Any projections on his contract?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              No more Hawks system guys. Unless we're getting Messina.
              He played well on other teams too though.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                I like Bazemore as well assuming Derozan is gone. Any projections on his contract?
                Yeah I would like to know that too!

Comment

• Term I keep hearing on what Bazemore will get in free agency is overpaid.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    I like Bazemore as well assuming Derozan is gone. Any projections on his contract?
                    I'd guess in the $12-$15M per year range for Bazemore. Probably the same contract as what we gave Carroll. Hawks don't have his bird rights, but they will have some cap space to sign him. Hawks will be trying to resign Horford as well though, so if we decide before FA to move on from DD, we could give Bazemore the early offer like we did with Carroll and get him signed before other teams have a chance to talk to him.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Term I keep hearing on what Bazemore will get in free agency is overpaid.
                      Bazemore at $15M per year is a much better deal than DD at $27M per year. Both may be overpaid, but Bazemore is a slight overpay compared to the DD insane overpay.

Comment

Bazemore at $15M per year is a much better deal than DD at $27M per year. Both may be overpaid, but Bazemore is a slight overpay compared to the DD insane overpay.
                        I would prefer neither. If we are going to spend, it should be on a PF. We've got loads of wing depth.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If Kent Bazemore gets $15M per, just shoot me now. A wound to the arm preferably.

Comment

The better scenario would just to be to run with Ross and Powell. Combined; you're paying less for both than you are for just Bazemore.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              The better scenario would just to be to run with Ross and Powell. Combined; you're paying less for both than you are for just Bazemore.
                              unless we trade Ross for a 2nd round pick or something. I would take Bazemore in a heartbeat over Ross, and it gives us some insurance if Powell ends up going down the Jamario Moon route.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                                unless we trade Ross for a 2nd round pick or something. I would take Bazemore in a heartbeat over Ross, and it gives us some insurance if Powell ends up going down the Jamario Moon route.
                                Totally agree with this. Except I don't think Powell will go down Mood road. He's way younger and, to me, way more talented and serious (I liked Moon back then, don't get me wrong).

Look at this plan though: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...244-Raps-Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X