Trade deadline move to shed salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade deadline move to shed salary

What do you guys think of the idea of trading Patterson and Ross at the deadline for expiring contracts?

This could help us to be able to bring back DD and sign an elite PF in 2016 and wrap up the roster with rookies and min. Contract players.

Valanciunas | Biyombo | Nogueira
    FA | ? | ?
    Carroll | Caboclo | ?
    DeRozan | Powell | ?
    Lowry | Joseph | Wright

2017 champions

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqvf6cg

Comment

I'm open to trading PP + Ross in theory but we have to be getting back something worth it. Although I think PP is a good player and should have the opportunity to prove himself as a starter. And Ross might become a good player but its just a matter of being patient with him.

With trading Lowry, however, it really depends on how our regular season goes. I think if we're terrible in the first half of the season, then Masai pulls the plug and trades Lowry so we can "tank" to get a better draft pick. But if we're doing well during the season then its unlikely he trades Lowry. I wouldn't trade him just yet because i don't see any reason to trade him. He's our best player.

Faried is a good player but I don't see him really changing the raptors that much. I do hope we get him but I don't think we should give up Lowry in doing so. I think we keep Lowry and trade 2pat and/or Ross to do it if that works.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

The idea is to be able to resign DeMar while keeping a good core and get a legit starting PF

Comment

I think if resigning demar impedes our ability to sign an elite starting PF then we let demar walk.

Comment

Or we trade him....

Comment

The only ''Elite'' PF from next summer is Horford...

Valanciunas-Horford-Carroll-DeRozan-Lowry

Count me in

Also depends on what does Patterson this year

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                The only ''Elite'' PF from next summer is Horford...

Valanciunas-Horford-Carroll-DeRozan-Lowry

Count me in

Also depends on what does Patterson this year
                depending on where NY/Den pick lands that pick + sweetener could land Favors

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  depending on where NY/Den pick lands that pick + sweetener could land Favors
                  IMO Favors would be a dream PF (Decent O, excellent D & signed to a decent contract esp in new salary cap era).
                  On top of it young (only guy near or past prime KL). Let this young group develep & gel together for the next 3-5 years. Could be very competitive team.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    IMO Favors would be a dream PF (Decent O, excellent D & signed to a decent contract esp in new salary cap era).
                    On top of it young (only guy near or past prime KL). Let this young group develep & gel together for the next 3-5 years. Could be very competitive team.
                    his age is perfect. if Raptors get a high pick rather trade for Favors to pair with JV then get a player that will pair with Bruno that might be better

Comment

There is NO WAY Utah is giving us this guy. Forget this already.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        What do you guys think of the idea of trading Patterson and Ross at the deadline for expiring contracts?

This could help us to be able to bring back DD and sign an elite PF in 2016 and wrap up the roster with rookies and min. Contract players.

Valanciunas | Biyombo | Nogueira
                        FA | ? | ?
                        Carroll | Caboclo | ?
                        DeRozan | Powell | ?
                        Lowry | Joseph | Wright

2017 champions
                        Although I'm not gonna argue for or against the validity or whatever of this idea...I will ask this; why are we asking about trade deadline moves in July of the summer BEFORE the season even starts. Or do the actual games that are played in the season not have any impact?

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Although I'm not gonna argue for or against the validity or whatever of this idea...I will ask this; why are we asking about trade deadline moves in July of the summer BEFORE the season even starts. Or do the actual games that are played in the season not have any impact?
                          I mostly agree with you. But those management things... I just love it!!

Comment

hahaha

it IS the dead as all fuck time of the year, I can totally dig the insanity that is beginning

hahaha

Comment

The ideas behind making a trade are:
                              -Get younger ie greater possible potential (This makes us older & less upside);
                              -Reduce salary for future moves (marginal in this case);
                              -Improve now (win total reduced by 6);
                              You might improve PF situation (not convinced), but you lose your all star and starting PG;
                              Sumo sumarum: I don't see any benefits;

Comment

Working...
                              X