Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    In an interview with the National Post’s Eric Koreeen, Valanciunas shared his thoughts about his passing game.

“That’s another step in my game,” said Valanciunas. “I’ve got to find a way to see the open pass, find a way to see open teammates. That’s what I’m working on. I want to get better at that. One pass is not enough. We’ve got to get some more."

NBA teams break down game film and play at a higher level than the Lithuanian team.
    This is a common comment from JV.

Obviously you only get ijterviewd at half time or afer a game when you've put up good numbers.

Every time that happened last season, JV always praised the team effort and ball movement.

Once he plays for a coach who emphasizes team play and stops him rotating to contest 3s on D, he is going to blow up. I just hope it is while a member of the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Aren't you the one who said Horford is a PF being forced to play C. Also Millsap is just as big as Carroll pretty much. So the Hawks pretty much been playing small ball.

Pretty sure JV was not as productive as TD when TD was 23.

Also the Grizzlies lost to small in the playoffs
      While someone else pointed out the difference between Millsap and Carroll and I don't have the time right now to look up the TD part; as someone who actually watched the Warriors/Grizzlies series...I can very confidently say that that was definitely not the reason they lost.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• This is too much....

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Aren't you the one who said Horford is a PF being forced to play C. Also Millsap is just as big as Carroll pretty much. So the Hawks pretty much been playing small ball.
        Horford is a PF who has ability to play C and causes the defense to collapse on the block. The underlined is the point since you're clearly not getting it.

Pretty sure JV was not as productive as TD when TD was 23.
        LOL - Tim Duncan played 4 years of college and came in to the NBA averaging 39 minutes per game out of the gate. But you keep grasping at straws as everyone annihilates whatever your latest argument is.

Also the Grizzlies lost to small in the playoffs
        Ummmm, no. The Grizzlies lost to a pretty damn good, well coached, and lucky basketball team in the Warriors and their starting C of Andrew Bogut.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          While someone else pointed out the difference between Millsap and Carroll and I don't have the time right now to look up the TD part; as someone who actually watched the Warriors/Grizzlies series...I can very confidently say that that was definitely not the reason they lost.
          Losing Tony Allen in Game 4 certainly hurt.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Losing Tony Allen in Game 4 certainly hurt.
            Grizz were up 2 games to 1 at the time, too. GSW won that game + the next two. Memphis didn't have the depth to lose Allen, especially considering his role vs. a team as perimeter oriented as GSW.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• It doesn't matter how much we analyze this, nothing is gonna help us.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

To be fair JV is not as good as those four players mentioned. Those are all NBA players pretty much.
                Not sure who's the bigger troll, you or Snooch.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  It doesn't matter how much we analyze this, nothing is gonna help us.
                  That's why I keep burning incense sticks and rubbing my lucky basketball.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, Millsap and Carroll are the same size if Millsap went on a hunger strike for two months and lost 35lbs. You're right in this case and I'm sure he could get a Jenny Craig endorsement deal out of it as well.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                    So your saying that Paul Millsap isn't a undersized 4?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

These are some great reading comprehension exercises with printable worksheets and downloadable PDFs:

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/To...prehension.htm

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        That's why I keep burning incense sticks and rubbing my lucky basketball.
                        I wish we could do a riot at Jurassic Park, to start the season.

All of us, with signs and shouting "Fire Casey! Fire Casey!"
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          These are some great reading comprehension exercises with printable worksheets and downloadable PDFs:

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/To...prehension.htm
                          Good one
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He's a brick wall.

Comment

Paul Millsap is a power forward through and through. Since high school. Has never played a minute at small forward. So you're not "playing small ball" with Millsap.

And everyone lost to the warriors, but the "large ball" Grizzlies put up the best fight of every team and took them to 6 with key injuries to there point guard and lockdown defender throughout different games.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not to mention he's 245lbs and it aint fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X