Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    could have gotten the same money elsewhere. he was the next big "versatile guy" after greene.
    Think there were only 4 other places with a need and space. Like Demarre alot but hope his increased offensive role just mean 1st option on catch and shoot and not ball handling

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Think there were only 4 other places with a need and space. Like Demarre alot but hope his increased offensive role just mean 1st option on catch and shoot and not ball handling
      me too.
      http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...emarre-carroll

minutes will probably near enough the same but i think he might get up to 12 shots a game here.

Comment

me too.
        http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...emarre-carroll

minutes will probably near enough the same but i think he might get up to 12 shots a game here.
        Also his passing should help if Raps get into a SET offense quicker

Comment

• First of all.
          1. Hou wanted an apology.
          2. Mia didn't even call him, they just sent him an email (probably a mass email )
          3. He didn't get bigger offers than 12M

So here are the options, same $$$ and going back to being the 3rd or 4th wheel.
          Stay here for same $$ and be admired like you're actually an all star and a legitimate #1 option.
          There was really no other options.

DD is a volume scorer who doesn't make his teammates better.
          Kyle is a once in 10year fringe all star. Can they succeed in the crappy East? of course.
          Can they take this team to the playoff success ? I believe we already have the answer to that.

The playoffs were the worst example of leadership I have ever seen including corporations I have worked for.
          When you don't have IT in you , you don't discover it magically at 30. You can take a charge in game 50, but when you're a leader and you're physically outmatched, you dig deeper and you rally the troops to fight, LEADERS DO NOT FOLD. Did you see John Wall play with a broken hand ? Some guys HAVE IT, some DON'T, THAT'S LIFE.

Pierce was 100% correct, and he'll be missed in DC. But make no mistake about it, IF we face WAsh again, they will wipe the floor with us again.

Anyways, You may not like what I say, but please start to look at his career numbers....
          then look at similar players and you can see the drop off is very near and is very REAL.
          MU has added 3PG in the team, that's called succession planning.

Kyle is not particular special at anything, he plays with heart and with a pitbull mentality. He has the war scars to prove it. But when that ain't enough, we see what happens.

Bottom line, he bailed out when things got tough and that is WHAT I REMEMBER, more than the fact that he resigned here cause he wanted to be THE MAN.

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          Kyle had long-term offers from Houston and Miami (and other meetings scheduled) before quickly deciding to return to the Raptors. I'll never forget this ... And I'll go with the talent assessments of those contending teams' staff (which were backed by many $millions)...

Aside from DD's injury and Kyle's playing banged-up and tired, there are other (obvious?) explanations for our struggles last year. DD and T-Ross were often matching "3's", the overall defence was poor, etc., etc. But help has arrived ... and more help is coming ... of this we may be absolutely certain.

And I would bear in mind the respect that DD gets, around the league, from players and coaches ... while remembering that Kyle is one of (for example) THE guys most likely to take a charge, league-wide, to make a play. I think it's tough - possibly even disrespectful - to allege that such a guy has faked an injury to avoid a tough match-up.

Steps taken. Steps coming. No need to slag the guys who have suited up amongst the all-stars and who earned the franchise record for wins. And who are committed to taking this franchise even further forward ...

Last edited by distorsun; Wed Jul 22, 2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
            First of all.
            2. Mia didn't even call him, they just sent him an email (probably a mass email )

Stay here for same $$ and be admired like you're actually an all star and a legitimate #1 option.

Kyle is a once in 10year fringe all star. Can they succeed in the crappy East? of course.
            Can they take this team to the playoff success ? I believe we already have the answer to that.

The playoffs were the worst example of leadership I have ever seen including corporations I have worked for.
            When you don't have IT in you , you don't discover it magically at 30. You can take a charge in game 50, but when you're a leader and you're physically outmatched, you dig deeper and you rally the troops to fight, LEADERS DO NOT FOLD. Did you see John Wall play with a broken hand ? Some guys HAVE IT, some DON'T, THAT'S LIFE.

Pierce was 100% correct, and he'll be missed in DC. But make no mistake about it, IF we face WAsh again, they will wipe the floor with us again.

Anyways, You may not like what I say, but please start to look at his career numbers....
            then look at similar players and you can see the drop off is very near and is very REAL.

Kyle is not particular special at anything, he plays with heart and with a pitbull mentality. He has the war scars to prove it. But when that ain't enough, we see what happens.

Bottom line, he bailed out when things got tough and that is WHAT I REMEMBER, more than the fact that he resigned here cause he wanted to be THE MAN.
            http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/7/22/9...adbands-future

Comment

First of all.

Enough with the lowry bashing, I think all your time in the sun has "distorted" your memories. "Big deal, take a charge in game 50" homie kyle was taking chargees every damn game. We would have done way better in the playoffs if he was right. Matter of fact, gimme 10 healthy kyle lowrys (ranging in size from 6 to 7 feet lol) and we roll over washington
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We wouldn't even have a chance to get swept without K Low. I don't know why this forum is turning on our two best player. The only reason why people even take the raps seriously. We don't get Carroll and we don't get a sit down with LMA without those two.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  We wouldn't even have a chance to get swept without K Low. I don't know why this forum is turning on our two best player. The only reason why people even take the raps seriously. We don't get Carroll and we don't get a sit down with LMA without those two.
                  aldridge has nothing to lose and his agent keeps standing with masai by just getting a free meal for an hour. the sit down happens anyway.

kyle was just gassed and then injured come playoff time, maybe if he was a hockey player he could have still played at an excellent level, ahem broken ankle steve yzerman, but he isn't. he is a 6 foot nothing guy throwing his body into the way of 250+ pounders going hard to the rim and crashing onto the floor the other way with wild abandon. hopefully his minutes come down to 30 a game, some of his offense goes through carroll and jv and he can maintain form for the entire season.

single handedly wouldn't let us lose position when demar went down. held the fort and then took the blame for the exhaustion that came after.

hands down our best player,

Comment

aldridge has nothing to lose and his agent keeps standing with masai by just getting a free meal for an hour. the sit down happens anyway.

kyle was just gassed and then injured come playoff time, maybe if he was a hockey player he could have still played at an excellent level, ahem broken ankle steve yzerman, but he isn't. he is a 6 foot nothing guy throwing his body into the way of 250+ pounders going hard to the rim and crashing onto the floor the other way with wild abandon. hopefully his minutes come down to 30 a game, some of his offense goes through carroll and jv and he can maintain form for the entire season.

single handedly wouldn't let us lose position when demar went down. held the fort and then took the blame for the exhaustion that came after.

I like that he made no excuses for himself. Out of everyone his the one whose probably the most embarrassed about the swipe. The whole country saw him play like shit. I'm guessing that chip on K Low's shoulder got bigger after that terrible performance.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lowry is listenin' to some comeback season and gonna redeem himself in his comeback season
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        We wouldn't even have a chance to get swept without K Low. I don't know why this forum is turning on our two best player. The only reason why people even take the raps seriously. We don't get Carroll and we don't get a sit down with LMA without those two.
                        Dude, the forum isn't turning on Lowry - I think like one single poster has.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He bailed out? WTF?

Here's a breakdown of his injuries after game 2.

It's probably related to his back, but he's had hamstring and hand injuries over the last two months as well. Now it's a bruised shin after Pierce inadvertently kicked him there in a collision that knocked him out of the last six minutes of the Game 2 loss. He limped out of the arena with evaluations scheduled for Wednesday.

Lowry missed nine games with a lower back injury after suffering a bruise on March 19. He attempted to come back once only to shut it down. In February, he also needed three games off to deal with an array of maladies as the wear of the season started to catch up with him all at once. If this weren't the playoffs, there's a chance Lowry wouldn't be playing, as his back issue might be something that could use a lot more rest.

"I've got to figure out a way to stay on the floor," Lowry said afterward. "I feel s----- right now."
                          I don't even know how anyone could question how much the guy wants it.

He led the entire NBA in offensive fouls drawn with 54. That is more than Greivis (18), Amir (11), TRoss (10), DeMar (9), and JJ (3) drew COMBINED.

In terms of charges drawn (4th in NBA), he had more than Greivis, Amir, DeMar, TRoss, JJ, AND PP drew combined.

You think he suddenly decided, "Welp, I don't have it, I guess I'm going to fold"??

Maybe if our coach wasn't outsmarted by Randy Wittman we might have had a chance. In the playoffs we had 9 lineups that played more than 5 minutes and had a negative rating; Lowry played on 5, but Vasquez played on SEVEN. Of our 8 players to play 100 minutes, Lowry had the second best Net Rating and Vasquez was dead last, 10.6 points worse than Lowry. In terms of on/off net, Lowry was again our second best player after Jonas, and was actually a positive 14.3 vs Vasquez's -11.9. (In this category TRoss was last with a -12.9.)

We said it here all season... Vasquez is toxic to our D. But our coach trotted him out over and over and over again.

I just don't understand how people could watch the games for the last two years and shit on a clearly-hobbled Lowry.

Comment

You take lowrys offense down you take away some of the things that make him a good bball player.

If you want reduced offensr and minites trade him. Let joseph run the show.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kyle mentally checked out last year in the Poffs. Injuries or NOT, that is unacceptable. That's why Vince is not talked in the same breath as MJ and Isiah.
                              LEADERS DO NOT CHECKED OUT. If they injured, they play through and modify their game, IF THEY CAN'T, THEY SIT it out and Encourage and motivate their teammates to keep fighting.
                              That's what leaders do; and they do not send innuendo comments toward their coaches (even if they're incompetent).

Klow can't handle being the 1st or 2nd option. Once we get a legitimate #1 guy, he would be more effective. His body cannot handle all star minutes and usage, as we saw last year.

MU played reversed psychology on Kyle and it worked (in a contract year). But we all know what his ceiling is. His attitude has always been an issue and it still is imo. We could hope for a brand new Kyle physically speaking, but in his core he is who he is : a zebra doesn't change his stripes.

Kyle was a late bloomer as a player; I'm hoping for his sake that he is also a late bloomer from a leadership standpoint. Otherwise, his days in TO are numbered.

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              He bailed out? WTF?

Here's a breakdown of his injuries after game 2.

I don't even know how anyone could question how much the guy wants it.

He led the entire NBA in offensive fouls drawn with 54. That is more than Greivis (18), Amir (11), TRoss (10), DeMar (9), and JJ (3) drew COMBINED.

In terms of charges drawn (4th in NBA), he had more than Greivis, Amir, DeMar, TRoss, JJ, AND PP drew combined.

You think he suddenly decided, "Welp, I don't have it, I guess I'm going to fold"??

Maybe if our coach wasn't outsmarted by Randy Wittman we might have had a chance. In the playoffs we had 9 lineups that played more than 5 minutes and had a negative rating; Lowry played on 5, but Vasquez played on SEVEN. Of our 8 players to play 100 minutes, Lowry had the second best Net Rating and Vasquez was dead last, 10.6 points worse than Lowry. In terms of on/off net, Lowry was again our second best player after Jonas, and was actually a positive 14.3 vs Vasquez's -11.9. (In this category TRoss was last with a -12.9.)

We said it here all season... Vasquez is toxic to our D. But our coach trotted him out over and over and over again.

I just don't understand how people could watch the games for the last two years and shit on a clearly-hobbled Lowry.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                You take lowrys offense down you take away some of the things that make him a good bball player.

If you want reduced offensr and minites trade him. Let joseph run the show.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

thought last year just proved it didn't work in the playoffs to have him exhausted. if "ready for the playoffs" means trade him to you

Comment

Working...
                                X