Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Losing Tony Allen in Game 4 certainly hurt.
    Well, Memphis was screwed whether he was on the floor or not. Kerr straight up disrespected Allen by putting Bogut on him & it worked.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Well, Memphis was screwed whether he was on the floor or not. Kerr straight up disrespected Allen by putting Bogut on him & it worked.
      I'm not sure how it worked.

Memphis were up 2-1 when Allen was injured.

Comment

• Did everyone forget that Conley's goddam face was broken that series? And that that Memphis team was actually poorly built, with it's lack of there point shooting? It's a miracle that they had a two-one lead.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Not sure who's the bigger troll, you or Snooch.
          I am only a troll to little fanboys

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Paul Millsap is a power forward through and through. Since high school. Has never played a minute at small forward. So you're not "playing small ball" with Millsap.

And everyone lost to the warriors, but the "large ball" Grizzlies put up the best fight of every team and took them to 6 with key injuries to there point guard and lockdown defender throughout different games.
            Millsap is a PF through and through but played SF quite a bit in Utah. Didn't work well iirc

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Did everyone forget that Conley's goddam face was broken that series? And that that Memphis team was actually poorly built, with it's lack of there point shooting? It's a miracle that they had a two-one lead.
              And then there is that

Comment

• Ahh just read today that Millsap is an undersized 4.

I am just about done with this thread but I'll explain why he isn't quickly.

In the NBA, length is more important than height. Yes Millsap is about 6'8 in shoots but he has a 7'2 wingspan and is ~250lbs. He has a longer standing reach than Blake Griffin and weighs just as much. He is a power forward through and through and definitely not an undersized one.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  Ahh just read today that Millsap is an undersized 4.

I am just about done with this thread but I'll explain why he isn't quickly.

In the NBA, length is more important than height. Yes Millsap is about 6'8 in shoots but he has a 7'2 wingspan and is ~250lbs. He has a longer standing reach than Blake Griffin and weighs just as much. He is a power forward through and through and definitely not an undersized one.
                  I would agree that Milsap is not undersized at the 4, especially these days. I would note, however, that this entails that PatPat, while he may not have as much junk in the trunk, isn't undersized either.

Comment

• Carroll could play the 4 if you place a better point scorer at the 3.

Ross isn't that guy, and JJ works better as a 4....
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Carroll could play the 4 if you place a better point scorer at the 3.

Ross isn't that guy, and JJ works better as a 4....
                      This is why I'd like to see a veteran swing man like Dorrell Wright added for the 15th spot.

Lowry
                      DD
                      Wright
                      Carroll
                      Jonas/PP/Scola

Comment

• Carroll is not a four.

Haven't we learned anything about trying to get guys to be something they are not?

Comment

Carroll is not a four.

Haven't we learned anything about trying to get guys to be something they are not?
                          Nope. I want Scola and Biyombo chucking threes

Comment

Carroll is not a four.

ok, but isn't all we know about "the pitch" that demar was selling was carroll at the 4 with wes at the 3? i thought that is what was said to him from the actual person who said it. i can only assume casey and masai were involved in the pitch as well.

he then signed the contract. circumstances have changed with no wes, so maybe it is big/small with jj at the 4 and carroll the 3.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              ok, but isn't all we know about "the pitch" that demar was selling was carroll at the 4 with wes at the 3? i thought that is what was said to him from the actual person who said it. i can only assume casey and masai were involved in the pitch as well.

he then signed the contract. circumstances have changed with no wes, so maybe it is big/small with jj at the 4 and carroll the 3.
                              The pitch was "Do you want 60M for 4 years"

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                The pitch was "Do you want 60M for 4 years"
                                could have gotten the same money elsewhere. he was the next big "versatile guy" after greene.

Comment

Working...
                                X