No announcement yet.

Is Terrance Jones available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montrezl Harrell signed a 4 year entry agreement , he is your backup PF, a 1st round pick should be sufficient

Comment

Jones is a RFA next year.

If Masai really wants him, go after then.

Don't give up a 1st for a guy who might be gone in a year if another GM goes stupid sitting on a mountain of cash with no takers....say like Sacramento.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I dont think Ainge is all that great and the jurys still out on Hinkie.
        Ainge is pretty damn great, in my eyes. Big 3 gets old, Rondo gets injured and too crazy, you would think there's a major long rebuild incoming. Instead they are already back into the playoffs, with a roster full of solid young guys on cheap contracts, and seemingly everyone's future picks belong to them somehow.

Not to mention, before that he built a perennial contender in pretty much the same way, collecting assets and flipping them.

He's the guy who started the whole "lets collect a bunch of future assets and wait for an opportunity" thing and he's still the boss.

Hinkie's trades looked great so far. He took a team with no future whatsoever, devastated by the Bynum situation, with its future pick belonging to the Magic or whoever. They had Holiday, Thad Young and no pick. Now they have multiple talented youngsters, Lakers' next year's pick, King's future pick, Miami, OKC future picks. In just two years after a devastating situation that left the team in the middle of nowhere.

It's a pretty easy choice to me if I'd like my team to be post-Bynum 76ers or current 76ers. A bad team in middle of nowhere, below average talent, no draft pick, or a bad team with multiple talented youngsters and a bunch of future picks. A lot of that is because of Hinkie's very good trading, so he deserves credit.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Montrezl Harrell signed a 4 year entry agreement , he is your backup PF, a 1st round pick should be sufficient
          I don't think the Rockets are trying to tank next year.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Jones is a RFA next year.

If Masai really wants him, go after then.

Don't give up a 1st for a guy who might be gone in a year if another GM goes stupid sitting on a mountain of cash with no takers....say like Sacramento.
            Unless you can get him on an extend and trade, then yes, I'd give up a first.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              A three team trade talk between Masai, Morey and Hinkie would be intense.
              You may have just solved the world's energy problem.

Lock these three in a room, tell them that they must make a fair 3-team trade with each other.

Nuclear explosions

Comment

I'm a very big T. Jones fan but after the Lawson trade and Josh Smith leaving I can't imagine a situation where the Rockets trade Jones.

They might let him go next off-season but a healthy Jones could play a pivotal role for a team that has a good shot at winning the whole thing this year.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  I'm a very big T. Jones fan but after the Lawson trade and Josh Smith leaving I can't imagine a situation where the Rockets trade Jones.

They might let him go next off-season but a healthy Jones could play a pivotal role for a team that has a good shot at winning the whole thing this year.
                  That is a good point on Smith.

I forgot to connect that dot.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                    Oh btw I don't understand the obsession of Raps fans with this guy, he's not that good.
                    What do you mean? TJ is siiick!! I'm a big fantasy bball guy and this guy when given minutes and his healthy really pumps out the numbers. He had 2 bad injuries last year and didn't play much but he has a nice all around game and a 2 way player.

He can even help be that versatile rim protector.

For block avg last season:

Amir: 0.8
                    Jonas: 1.2
                    TJ: 1.8

He has a great FG%, Blks, gets REBs and doesn't turn the ball over much who can nail 3s too. I'd take him as our starting 4 in a heartbeat if possible.

He's also Delon Wright's age at '92!!!
                    Last edited by Pyron; Wed Jul 22, 2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                      Oh btw I don't understand the obsession of Raps fans with this guy, he's not that good.
                      if Raptors ever got TJones and HBarnes there would be days before they start trade threads for both

Comment

Are they really that deep at PF/C though?

Is Capela really ready for a prime time backup role? Is Harrell even a contributor? I say they wait to answer a few of those questions before moving Jones ... which stinks, because I'm banking on him being good next year for Fantasy.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Are they really that deep at PF/C though?

Is Capela really ready for a prime time backup role? Is Harrell even a contributor? I say they wait to answer a few of those questions before moving Jones ... which stinks, because I'm banking on him being good next year for Fantasy.
                          As soon as Dwight's knee and/or back give out - again - he will be given the starting role... ready or not!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            As soon as Dwight's knee and/or back give out - again - he will be given the starting role... ready or not!
                            Not to wish an injury to him, but I'd love to see the Rockets go for a long stretch of games with

Lawson
                            Harden
                            Ariza
                            whoever
                            Motiejunas at center

I think it would be a fun lineup. They would struggle against real behemoth centers like Pekovic, but I think it would be a painfully good offensive small ball team.

I can't stand Rockets for some reason, but I'd watch that.

Comment

Stumbled into trade thread on the Rockets' forum. People are having an intense debate about trading Terrence Jones for Lucas Nogueira. One quote:

They're not giving up their first rounder for Terrence. If they would the deal would have already been made. I'm sure of that. That's totally unrealistic.

Plus Toronto is at the cap. So, they gotta send salary out to make the trade. They can't make the trade into their cap space. That means they have to send out one of Nogueira or James Johnson or they have to combine their recently signed picks, Wright and Powell, in order to trade for Terrence.

They're for sure not going to send out their first rounder pick, Wright, plus their second round pick, Powell, plus another first for Terrence.

And to trade Nogueira on a rookie deal for Terrence straight would be highway robbery for us, not to mention Toronto giving us their first rounder besides.

So that leaves you with James Johnson and Toronto's first rounder for Terrence. I suppose we would eat Johnson's contract to get their first rounder. But why, pray tell, would they do that? And if they would.....why isn't the deal already done?????

U-n-r-e-a-l-i-s-t-i-c

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Stumbled into trade thread on the Rockets' forum. People are having an intense debate about trading Terrence Jones for Lucas Nogueira. One quote:
                                Smart fan from another team's perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X