Trading for the PF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for the PF

PPat + TRoss + 1st Round Pick ( $11 million) for Serge Ibaka +Steve Novak ($16 million).

This allows OKC to save $10.6 million in luxury tax , provides a backup PF and a SG ( TRoss) who can challenge Waiters.

We recognize OKC at this time would be paying almost $ 19 million luxury tax otherwise, and OKC ownership despises paying luxury tax.

i think they love ibaka

Comment

Love of money is greater

Comment

OKC will be on their best bahavior until Durant and Westbrook sign long term deals. No dumping good players to save tax.

Comment

Zero chance they move Ibaka in my opinion. Did this really need it's own thread?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Non-sense!
            Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
            PPat + TRoss + 1st Round Pick ( $11 million) for Serge Ibaka +Steve Novak ($16 million).

This allows OKC to save $10.6 million in luxury tax , provides a backup PF and a SG ( TRoss) who can challenge Waiters.

We recognize OKC at this time would be paying almost $ 19 million luxury tax otherwise, and OKC ownership despises paying luxury tax.

Comment

I'd imagine OKC would not trade Ibaka at this point unless it was for an upgrade. And especially not for the pile of crap you suggested.

Congrats, it provides a backup PF and SG. They already have an adequate backup PF and they lose their starter with this deal.

Comment

Absolutely , he is the PF the Raptors require, and a $20 Million Luxury Tax for OKC is huge.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely , he is the PF the Raptors require, and a $20 Million Luxury Tax for OKC is huge.
                  It will not happen. If they wanted to save money they would move him to a team that can absorb those two contracts without sending salary back at all, and would just get a bunch of picks, because if they move Ibaka, they are moving Durant right after (or they are idiots).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thunder won't trade Ibaka, he's the sole reason bringing in (and back) Kanter works. plus he's very good in general. plus the thunder's window is now. plus there's no way they do anything to piss Durant/Westbrook off right now. PLUS just no.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

are you tenFTW in disguise?

Comment

Is this guy serious??
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Really?

Comment

He's one guy I would consider trading the NYK/den pick for

Comment

This may be a good thread idea next summer.. when OKC loses KD and wants draft picks to try all over again.

I'd give up NY's pick for Ibaka.

Comment

Working...
                              X