Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    or

If Vince Carter gets inducted into the hall of fame sometime over the next decade does he enter as a Raptor or a Net or some other team?

Feel free to debate whether he even gets in at all but the main focus is on who he would choose.
    Considering he never played for Brooklyn .. I think it is a no brainer ...

Comment

This threads a little premature. The mans still in his prime. Sucks that he's in new jersey now but if they can just get a big man to help vince kidd and jefferson, they could win a title.

(Sorry if there's any inaccuracies, I'm short on time and copy pasted an answer I found from askjeeves.com)
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Raptors I'm sure. Didn't he say a couple years ago that he regrets how he left the Raptors?

So many have left, Vince, TMac, Bosh, that I might be confusing who said it.

Anyway, his peak was with the Raptors, and NBA fans will always remember him mainly as a Raptor.
        Did Bosh even get a video tribute this past year like all other past Raptors ?

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
          Considering he never played for Brooklyn .. I think it is a no brainer ...
          What does the logo say? Where did the team suit up ten years ago? Right.

Comment

When not If.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Unless he's got rocks for brains he should pick the Raptors. Toronto today and in the future (and not just in basketball terms) has much more upside than Brooklyn.

Personally, I dont care. Am waiting for the next hof inductee from the Raptors who does not sour/sully the team and set it back as a franchise with the consequence of his actions then.

Comment

He had his most, while short, success with the Nets. It is what it is
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  He had his most, while short, success with the Nets. It is what it is
                  Lol no he didnt
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Among active players, the only sure-fire locks for me are: Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Dirk and Wade. I would put VC in the next tier with Ray Allen, Bosh, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Durant, Tony Parker, Ginobli. Not sure all those guys will, or should, get in.

But this is basketball and not baseball, so I think VC does get in eventually. And he will go in as a Raptor. As I've said before, he'll retire as a Raptor, too.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Among active players, the only sure-fire locks for me are: Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Dirk and Wade. I would put VC in the next tier with Ray Allen, Bosh, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Durant, Tony Parker, Ginobli. Not sure all those guys will, or should, get in.

But this is basketball and not baseball, so I think VC does get in eventually. And he will go in as a Raptor. As I've said before, he'll retire as a Raptor, too.
                      If Carter is on the list and Bosh is on the list then T-Mac must be on the list. There was a time when McGrady was arguably the best player in the league.

In case anyone is interested, here are Hall of Fame probabilities for career and active NBA ballers: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rob.html?redir

Interesting enough, they say Bosh's chances are higher than both Carter and McGrady despite him being the least talented of the three. Riding coattails pays.

LOL they even have Bosh ahead of Durant and Gasol.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Personally, I dont care. Am waiting for the next hof inductee from the Raptors who does not sour/sully the team and set it back as a franchise with the consequence of his actions then.
                        This.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Please, we all know you will care if he picks the Nets. You'll be fuming in here.

Comment

Honestly, guys.. there's a 3rd option here.

He won a title with Dallas, and played for 3 seasons with the team. He could go Mavs.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Meh, a lot of players tour around a bit at the end of their careers. I'd be pretty surprised if Vince didn't go in as a Raptor. Maaaaybe as a Net but not as anything else. Those formative years/early success are just as important for the player as they are for the city. He also didn't really go on to have any greater personal success anywhere else, although he has played on some competitive teams as a role player.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Honestly, guys.. there's a 3rd option here.

He won a title with Dallas, and played for 3 seasons with the team. He could go Mavs.
                                He joined Dallas after they won the title. Vince doesn't have any Rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X