Raptors All-Time Franchise Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors All-Time Franchise Ranking

This comes from a site I'm unfamiliar with but they're ranking based achievements and scoring they identify here:

Point Breakdown:

Division Championship: 5 Points
    Conference Championship: 10 Points
    League Championship (1948-1965): 15 Points
    League Championship (1976-Present): 20 Points

They then average out the scores based on the number of years in the league to put each team on even footing. It's imperfect but interesting.

The Raptors rank 25th overall. That's ahead of the Grizz, Clippers, T-Wolves, Hornets & Pelicans.
    25. Toronto Raptors: 0.52 Points

Established In the NBA: 1995
    Former Cities/Names: N/A
    Greatest Player In Team History: Vince Carter

The Raptors, Canada’s only current NBA franchise, has seen some success in its 19 years in the league. Two times the Raptors have won their division but they’ve failed to go further than that, yet. Toronto can’t feel too bad about its position on this list considering their age. They haven’t had quite as much time to rack up points as others, but then again they haven’t been particularly great.
    Personally I would do the ranking calculations differently in terms of achievements & weightings (for example: division winners would score zero if I were doing it but I would add in playoff appearances and that would receive a score determined by the difficulty to make the players; probability). Either way this is an interesting topic.

Where do you see the Raptors all-time?

Apollo wrote: View Post
    This comes from a site I'm unfamiliar with but they're ranking based achievements and scoring they identify here:

They then average out the scores based on the number of years in the league to put each team on even footing. It's imperfect but interesting.

The Raptors rank 25th overall. That's ahead of the Grizz, Clippers, T-Wolves, Hornets & Pelicans.

Personally I would do the ranking calculations differently in terms of achievements & weightings (for example: division winners would score zero if I were doing it but I would add in playoff appearances and that would receive a score determined by the difficulty to make the players; probability). Either way this is an interesting topic.

Where do you see the Raptors all-time?
    if they gave points for odd video tributes and embrassing banner raisings Raps would place higher

Comment

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I thought we'd be last or very close to it lol
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

jerome thinks the raptors are definitely better than the bobcats (the hornets are now the pelicans), T-wolves and the cavaliers (they had some good teams in the past but always pathetic). However this could change very quickly in a couple more seasons.

Comment

Masai is going to turn this around.

I see him being a longstanding GM like Kupchak or RC Buford and leading this franchise out of obscurity and into the limelight. He's young too and he's got a great basketball mind.

Comment

ON the same topic, This is the ESPN franchise survey.

Ranking your Toronto Raptors

Comment

25 is fair.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Raptors are #1 in my heart.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X