The 2015/16 Eastern Conference Predictions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
    Aside: Yeah, the Nets got Primo Pasta, but they got him at the vet minimum, and even if they wind up playing him as their starting 4 due to injury or weird coaching, the Nets have Lopez at the 5, which will go a long way towards covering up his deficiencies. It's not going to put the Nets over the top by any stretch of the imagination, but it's actually a pretty good move for the nets in terms of treading water salary cap wise.
    How in the world can Lopez cover for Bargnani when he himself is a bad defender and rebounder?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      You are underselling the HEat, they are better than Us, at least in playoff basketball
      Yes I am underselling the Heat. Mainstream US media has faves and this is one of them. They ARE overhyped.
      Lots needs to go right for them to live up to their billing.

Bosh needs to have fully recovered from a pretty serious medical condition.
      Wade needs to stay healthy. Track record is that he can't. I think the over under on games played for him this year is 45.
      Hassan Whiteside is a potential grenade ready to go off. Who will we see. Last years version who made big strides in the NBA or will he revert to old Hassan ... the guy who spent 4 years in the D League and has reputation as a bit of an idiot with his teammates ?
      Gerald Green is the second coming of Micheal Beazly. Red flashing light on this guy.
      Dragic is now 29 (not 30). He likes the night life. He is in South Beach.

Not sold on the Heat.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Not sold on the Heat.
        Neither am I but the Raptors did win 47 games with Bosh at one point with less talent then what he got in Miami so in the weak East that is a possibility. But alot of things have to go right in Miami for them to even get to 45 wins so I will say around 40+ wins is their probability which should be enough to grab the 8th or 7th playoffs spot.

Comment

You're way behind the times. We already had this same thread a couple of weeks ago.....

It's time to start talking about our 2016-17 Eastern Conference predictions.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            You're way behind the times. We already had this same thread a couple of weeks ago.....

It's time to start talking about our 2016-17 Eastern Conference predictions.
            Lol OK so after Lebron failing to win again with the Cavs, he opts out of his contract and signs with the Clippers. So with the starting line up of the future Raptors of Lowry-Batum-Carroll-Horford-Jv the Raptors should win the East and will meet and beat the Clippers in the finals. A statue of Masai will be erected near the ACC and on the bottom it will say "Fuck the Clippers!!"

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Neither am I but the Raptors did win 47 games with Bosh at one point with less talent then what he got in Miami so in the weak East that is a possibility. But alot of things have to go right in Miami for them to even get to 45 wins so I will say around 40+ wins is their probability which should be enough to grab the 8th or 7th playoffs spot.
              Have them in that range as well....6 to 8 if Bosh is 100%....If he needs more time for his lung condition to completely recover and plays 45 games like Wade...They miss the playoffs.
              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Yes I am underselling the Heat. Mainstream US media has faves and this is one of them. They ARE overhyped.
                Lots needs to go right for them to live up to their billing.

Bosh needs to have fully recovered from a pretty serious medical condition.
                Wade needs to stay healthy. Track record is that he can't. I think the over under on games played for him this year is 45.
                Hassan Whiteside is a potential grenade ready to go off. Who will we see. Last years version who made big strides in the NBA or will he revert to old Hassan ... the guy who spent 4 years in the D League and has reputation as a bit of an idiot with his teammates ?
                Gerald Green is the second coming of Micheal Beazly. Red flashing light on this guy.
                Dragic is now 29 (not 30). He likes the night life. He is in South Beach.

Not sold on the Heat.
                All speculation. How about the following narrative: Bosh comes up healthy and posts his average numbers, Wade plays healthy, Whiteside continues his dominance and Winslow wins rookie of the year? I'd take JWash's assessment.
                Last edited by vino; Tue Jul 28, 2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                  All speculation. How about the following narrative: Bosh comes up healthy and posts his average numbers, Wade plays healthy, Whiteside continues his dominance and Winslow wins rookie of the year? I'd take JWash's assessment.
                  Difference of opinion is welcomed. Its what being a sports fan is all about.
                  Not changing my view on the South Beach hospital and physiatric ward and how they finish.
                  We shall see next March who gets to eat crow.
                  But I think you had better bring the ketchup.

49, 69, 53, 62....total reg season games played by one Dwade over the last 4 years.
                  While summer league can mean the grand total of nothing Justice Winslow didn't make the early top 10 list coming out of summer league. Big jump from there to ROY.
                  http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...:specialsfull4
                  Winslow’s final summer league numbers, including four games in Orlando and six overall: 9 points per game, 34 percent shooting from the field (14 for 41), 3 for 12 on three-pointers, 12 turnovers and 9 assists." Not exactly killer debut.
                  However for what its worth Bosh says he is feeling good and is on track for training camp.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 28, 2015, 11:42 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

Miami is all about health. On paper, the potential to be scary good is there: 2 future HoFs (Bosh, Wade) and 2 other guys who have been all-stars or all-NBA (Deng, Dragic). A dominant, long, mobile & hungry rim protector (Whiteside). An elite coach, Spo (debatable). A decent, experienced bench.

The talent is there, in spades. It's all on health + Spoelstra to make them gel. Much higher talent level than the Raps, IMO.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Miami is all about health. On paper, the potential to be scary good is there: 2 future HoFs (Bosh, Wade) and 2 other guys who have been all-stars or all-NBA (Deng, Dragic). A dominant, long, mobile & hungry rim protector (Whiteside). An elite coach, Spo (debatable). A decent, experienced bench.

The talent is there, in spades. It's all on health + Spoelstra to make them gel. Much higher talent level than the Raps, IMO.
                      Deng has declined and isn't gonna be playing at an all star level.

Spoelstra is not an elite coach

Also I doubt there gonna be healthy at all. You know Wade and Deng will miss time.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Deng has declined and isn't gonna be playing at an all star level.

Spoelstra is not an elite coach

Also I doubt there gonna be healthy at all. You know Wade and Deng will miss time.
                        They can miss time, but they wont miss enough to miss playoffs, and in the playoffs, they are far more dangerous.

If they remain 80% healthy they have a better record than us.(implying bosh plays 75 games and is his "Old Self")

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          They can miss time, but they wont miss enough to miss playoffs, and in the playoffs, they are far more dangerous.

If they remain 80% healthy they have a better record than us.(implying bosh plays 75 games and is his "Old Self")
                          I agree

Comment

• I think the moves we made are being underrated because of the shitty playoffs.

We've forgotten what a healthy Lowry and Demar look like together, we have a defensive matchup for every type of player in the league, and I think we'll see this team play with much more intensity now. Expecting jv to be more used/ engaged in the game we should see less of that passive attitude, and having Carroll in with Lowry they should feed off of each other, with guys coming off the bench who can maintain that same focus.

This is much more of a collective mind as a team, compared to last year which was like adhd

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                              I think the moves we made are being underrated because of the shitty playoffs.

We've forgotten what a healthy Lowry and Demar look like together, we have a defensive matchup for every type of player in the league, and I think we'll see this team play with much more intensity now. Expecting jv to be more used/ engaged in the game we should see less of that passive attitude, and having Carroll in with Lowry they should feed off of each other, with guys coming off the bench who can maintain that same focus.

This is much more of a collective mind as a team, compared to last year which was like adhd
                              Some of us remember what a healthy Lowry and Demar look like, and that is why we advocate the replacement of one or the other.

Comment

• LOL...Nice.
                                I can count on my fingers how many times I've seen Demar play defense.

Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Some of us remember what a healthy Lowry and Demar look like, and that is why we advocate the replacement of one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X