Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many moves are we from title contention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooch wrote: View Post
    Problem with Casey is he doesnt coach to his players, he tries to peg players to his coaching.

With the exception of Lou and Demar, they could do whatever the hell they wanted, whenever they wanted with no recourse.

I think if you removed some of our "Key" PLayers and instead provided a far more balanced roster then casey would appear a better coach.
    Casey does bat shit crazy things always has. it isnt related to key players. remove demar and ross will still somehow be playing the four, JV will be benched and Scola will be contesting guys at the rim

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      For the record, some of us DID hate a lot of what Casey was doing even in that magical second half of the 2013-14 season.
      The biggest issue with DC has been his inability to adjust. Yes injuries factor in but it boggles my mind that Superjudge continues to support him. DC is consistently out coached.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        The biggest issue with DC has been his inability to adjust. Yes injuries factor in but it boggles my mind that Superjudge continues to support him. DC is consistently out coached.
        SJ just wrote, 5 comments above, that:

"I have said tim[e] after time that casey has a role in toronto's lack of sucsess, yet time and time again, because people like to argue and fight, guys here completely skip over that stuff."

Primarily, it's Leiweke and Masai supporting the coach ... and analysts like Armstrong, too. Not unqualifiedly, but under all the circumstances and with reasoned discussion. And come on: It's a lot easier to "adjust" to, say, Jonathon Toews and Duncan Keith than to Nazim Khadri and Jake Gardiner ... you do get that, right?

How'd that other MLSE coach firing go (Randy Carlyle)? As expected?

Our coach's strengths may have more to do with managing personalities (etc.) than X's and O's. I haven't heard anyone suggest that Casey's job is (or should be) secure. Personally I don't have an opinion.

But it is also quite clear that while Leiweke and Masai "walk on water", Casey has become a convenient "whipping boy" for some of you.

So take note - if you all keep on relentlessly "disrespecting" our Coach, I'm going to ask 3intheKeon to have his boys - or maybe the the Raptors starting 5 - have a little "talk" with y'all outside a gym near you ...

Hear?
        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

"I have said tim[e] after time that casey has a role in toronto's lack of sucsess, yet time and time again, because people like to argue and fight, guys here completely skip over that stuff."

Primarily, it's Leiweke and Masai supporting the coach ... and analysts like Armstrong, too. Not unqualifiedly, but under all the circumstances and with reasoned discussion. And come on: It's a lot easier to "adjust" to, say, Jonathon Toews and Duncan Keith than to Nazim Khadri and Jake Gardiner ... you do get that, right?

Our coach's strengths may have more to do with managing personalities (etc.) than X's and O's. I haven't heard anyone suggest that Casey's job is (or should be) secure. Personally I don't have an opinion.

But it is also quite clear that while Leiweke and Masai "walk on water", Casey has become a convenient "whipping boy" for some of you.

So take note - if you all keep on relentlessly "disrespecting" our Coach, I'm going to ask 3intheKeon to have his boys - or maybe the the Raptors starting 5 - have a little "talk" with y'all outside a gym near you ...

Hear?
          What does a coach getting fired in a completely different sport have to do with firing Casey?
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            What does a coach getting fired in a completely different sport have to do with firing Casey?
            I think he means that they didn't do well after he got fired, to which I say, lol they started losing before he got fired. On top of that, they traded a lot of players at the deadline so, I don't understand how Horachek would've done much with that team.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              I think he means that they didn't do well after he got fired, to which I say, lol they started losing before he got fired. On top of that, they traded a lot of players at the deadline so, I don't understand how Horachek would've done much with that team.
              Also they're the fucking leafs!
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Hear?
                I still have trouble following Superjudge's logic.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  The point is obvious, I thought: "Change for change's sake", or even if better reasoned, can be a shocking disaster.

My hunch is that Masai feels Casey is important to the organization's stability. He's the one extending players and sitting down with the Aldridges and Carrolls of the world.

I have no problem at all with a change being made. But Casey is an experienced, well-educated leader and a man of good character. An organization (and its fans, in my view) should treat such people respectfully ... and be seen to do so.

And even if Casey's critics make some valid points, I (like Masai) am quite content to see how the new players and coaches come together.

But people are entitled to their opinions. And it's not a crime to be ill-informed, unreasonable or patently disrespectful ... but it's usually not a good thing. Of that - if nothing else - I am certain.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    I still have trouble following Superjudge's logic.
                    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/28...ue-dwane-casey

Or my logic. Or Masai's. Or Armstrong's. ... Minny was 20-20 under Casey and he was fired. They've been much worse ever since.

But I imagine you think I'm haranguing you. All I'm suggesting is "Be respectful" ... and "Be careful what you wish for."

How's that?
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Or my logic. Or Masai's. Or Armstrong's. ... Minny was 20-20 under Casey and he was fired. They've been much worse ever since.

But I imagine you think I'm haranguing you. All I'm suggesting is "Be respectful" ... and "Be careful what you wish for."

How's that?
                      Tons of people who aren't the GM that extended him, The former team that recommended him and the teams broadcaster think he's an idiot.

Comment

How's that?
                        the team in minny changed alot after Casey left.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                          the team in minny changed alot after Casey left.
                          Yeah they lost Garnett then tanked to keep their pick

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Tons of people who aren't the GM that extended him, The former team that recommended him and the teams broadcaster think he's an idiot.
                            An "idiot"?

"Tons" of people, huh? (Mumbles something about a "pot" ... and a "kettle" ... and "black").

OK, then. Carry on, sir ...
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

An "idiot"?

"Tons" of people, huh? (Mumbles something about a "pot" ... and a "kettle" ... and "black").

Carry on, sir ...
                              How many links do you want. Back to his days in Minnesota or just last season or including the start with Gay then the playoff. Casey is currently the worst coach in the NBA

Comment

You lost me when you called a good, hard-working, experienced, well-educated man - publicly - an "idiot".

And I've said more than enough anyway ...
                                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X