This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure the use of bullets by e_wheazy exceeds the 5 line limit. I've been generous to date, but come on man.

Also wheazy, how do you explain that your guys won't have to scramble to find their assignments? I choose who my guys defend, so when you are on offence, your players are closest to the guy I set (Oscar/Stockton, Rice/Reggie, Peja/Kawhi).
    Well it's not anything I hadn't said before, but it's an organized list, beginning with a colon and separated by semi colons.

I'm not sure what you mean by scramble. Just as you select who you want to guard, I select who I want to guard. So when we're on offense, sure, you dictate the matchups. But after a made FG, everything gets reset, and by your same logic, I choose who my guys guard...
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Well it's not anything I hadn't said before, but it's an organized list, beginning with a colon and separated by semi colons.

I'm not sure what you mean by scramble. Just as you select who you want to guard, I select who I want to guard. So when we're on offense, sure, you dictate the matchups. But after a made FG, everything gets reset, and by your same logic, I choose who my guys guard...
      Lol

Next year we will have much firmer rules for gameplans and in game adjustments. Not sure how to best do it. Character/word limit sounds good until you consider that half this league was done from my phone.

Perhaps a more templated guide (pulled out of my butt)
      Offence - 50 words
      Defence - 50 words
      Player A to highlight - 50 words
      Matchup A to highlight - 50 words.
      Closing point - 50 words

At least I have a year to figure it out.

I don't think the matchup switch impacts me as much.

you're switching so you need to account for it more. After you get blocked (ok, you might score a couple of times), then you need to switch 3 guys. A quick inbounds to Oscar means Stockton is the closest defender. Peja/Rice leak fast and Stockton has to turn to get in front of them while Leonard covers half the court to get to Oscar before he gets too deep. Oscar is the best player on the floor, not an easy task for Kawhi.

My strategy isn't based around the switching, so it isn't as paramount to my team success.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Legacy League Draft Thread

Axel wrote: View Post
        Lol

Next year we will have much firmer rules for gameplans and in game adjustments. Not sure how to best do it. Character/word limit sounds good until you consider that half this league was done from my phone.

Perhaps a more templated guide (pulled out of my butt)
        Offence - 50 words
        Defence - 50 words
        Player A to highlight - 50 words
        Matchup A to highlight - 50 words.
        Closing point - 50 words

At least I have a year to figure it out.

I don't think the matchup switch impacts me as much.

you're switching so you need to account for it more. After you get blocked (ok, you might score a couple of times), then you need to switch 3 guys. A quick inbounds to Oscar means Stockton is the closest defender. Peja/Rice leak fast and Stockton has to turn to get in front of them while Leonard covers half the court to get to Oscar before he gets too deep. Oscar is the best player on the floor, not an easy task for Kawhi.

My strategy isn't based around the switching, so it isn't as paramount to my team success.
        After a made bucket it doesn't matter if you inbound quickly or not. My guys are getting set in the half court defense, where defense dictates matchups. Obviously you and anyone who watches basketball knows that. We're not full court pressing, so even after you inbound, it's not like my nearest guy is just going to jump to cover whoever is close. Defenses switch all the time, heck this wouldn't even be a switch as were literally dictating the matchup and covering those guys!

Also Kawhi has shown that he can cover the best player on the floor even on a team full of superstars (I.e. 2014 NBA Finals, which he was MVP of thanks in part to his stellar D on LeBron).

I'm not going to argue this over here anymore, as you know it's not supposed to be done. You censored snooch for pretty much the same thing and now you're trying to poke holes in my arguments on this thread? We've both offered our rebuttals, there's no need for further arguing, and honestly, using this thread to mask your arguments etc. (which, again, you censored and reprimanded Snooch for) is kind of... I don't know... Seems off.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Two coaches going at it on the sidelines.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Two coaches going at it on the sidelines.
            Hahaha let's hope no one throws chairs

Comment

• I'm glad I'm in an executive suite for this showdown. That's my final word.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Two coaches going at it on the sidelines.
                Apparently geez.

Can't even ask a guy a question.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Apparently geez.

Can't even ask a guy a question.
                  Lol I responded

Comment

• If you haven't gotten your gameplan in, do so asap.

Games will be going live without it otherwise (might hurt your chances).

Comment

• Hey, no more outta you two in here in regards to posting stratagies.

I got my fingers slapped for doing it in the first round....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol I responded

Comment

Pish posh, nothing of the sort mate!

Comment

Pish posh, nothing of the sort mate!
                            This more your style?

Comment

This more your style?

Slanderer! Haha

Comment

• Gameplan submitted.

Planetmars...

GOODLUCK MAN!!
                                Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 21, 2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X