Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I think we know who Snooch is taking, if available. LOL Which like I said, I was THIS close to doing myself. Twice.

Comment

• my problem with iverson is when we are really practicing hard what is he going to be doing?

Comment

• Iverson's a great player to have when he's surrounded by scrubs, but in this scenario, where every player is elite, I don't think what he brings to the table is as valuable. See: being a major part of the only US Olympic team that didn't win gold...
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Iverson was asked to play a complementary role in Detroit and he self destructed. For all the hate some people throw at Kobe for taking games over, he actually pushes his teammates up and co-exists with other stars in an intelligent, effective manner.

Iverson is one of the most talented players the league has ever seen but he never seemed to be a great team player.

Comment

• But put Iverson on a team with Bill Russell and Jason Kidd, and were are looking at something a little bit different.

2 of the brightest minds to step on the court would do just fine with him i think

Comment

• Hey!

PlanetMars
              Miekenstein
              Dogelover123

I may be willing to flip my round 4 and 5(56 and 73) for your round 4 and 5, provided I can pick who I want this round and certain players look as though they wil remain available.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                Hey!

PlanetMars
                Miekenstein
                Dogelover123

I may be willing to flip my round 4 and 5(56 and 73) for your round 4 and 5, provided I can pick who I want this round and certain players look as though they wil remain available.
                i wont be doing any trades. thanks. i want to see how this plays out. the legends are gone, the greats are almost done. going to be about team building and linguistics from here on in.

Comment

• and i am a cunning linguist

Comment

• Come on yaba, let's get this show on the road!
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• how come, everyday, someone decides to talk a 19 or 20 hour break from the draft?

Comment

• If there was a way to do this live draft style it'd be sweet
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Iverson was asked to play a complementary role in Detroit and he self destructed. For all the hate some people throw at Kobe for taking games over, he actually pushes his teammates up and co-exists with other stars in an intelligent, effective manner.

Iverson is one of the most talented players the league has ever seen but he never seemed to be a great team player.
                          I think Detroit made a mistake of trading Billups for him instead of Rip. They ended up with Iverson at point guard, surrounded by a midrange shooter, plus Prince who can hit a wide open 3 but not really a shooter, plus Ben Wallace who can't hit anything, plus Rasheed who's the one nice fit with Iverson, but he's crazy.

If you give Iverson to a today's GM, the first thing he'll do is put a bunch of shooters around him. You have an elite quick guard who can get into the paint and kick out, you surround him with spot up shooters. Common sense now. It wasn't common sense in early / mid 2000s, and even for an occasional old school GM today.

If they kept Chauncey and had Iverson replace Rip, I think they would've been pretty good. Reasonably good anyway, Iverson's physical peak was when he was 25 or so, he was 33-34 in Detroit, so it was never going to be miraculous, but I think it could've been good.

76ers teams were a tragedy as far as team building. They didn't have a single reliable 3pt shooter until Kyle Korver grew up in mid 2000s. Kukoc was decent while he was there, but then they went and traded him. How do you have someone like Iverson and surround him with a bunch of guys who are either at the rim / paint scorers, or some of them can hit midrange jumpers, and even that not so well?

I used to hate Iverson because of all the hype, but the more of his games I rewatch, the more I feel for the guy. In his prime he's driving against a collapsing defense of 3-4 guys because nobody on his team can shoot. Worst spaced teams ever. Iverson was basically providing spacing for those teams all by himself, drawing all opposing team to himself, and then either trying to score regardless or kicking the ball to mediocre midrange shooters. Imagine what he could've done on modern teams with good spot up shooters spacing the floor.

Then he gets moved to Denver, who have two traditional big men without much shooting ability, an iso ball stopper in Melo, and a point guard who can't shoot. And Iverson. It's like friggin Twin Peaks, so weird, a guy is an elite drive and kick player, and everyone surrounds him with non shooters, chuckers or ball stoppers.

Comment

• I dunno, I mean, the guy flat-out said "I am not a bench player" when he was with Memphis. Obviously had a huge ego, and a warped, or non-existent, concept of team basketball.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I am going to be unavailable between 12-5 today (will have no access to wifi). Still have 25 or so picks to go before my turn. So it should be okay.... But, if you need me to transfer control temporarily to someone else let me know.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Hey!

PlanetMars
                                Miekenstein
                                Dogelover123

I'd rather have 63 and 66 than 56 and 73.

Comment

Working...
                                X