This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Maybe we can coordinate backups? If someone is unavailable to make a pick in one hour of their turn, a designated backup does it for them? I guess the backup needs to be online as well then.
    An hour is a bit extreme, because for the most part, it hasn't really been an issue, and we are making decent progress.. but I think whats been done with sending picks to Axel has been fine. If you know you'll be away, send some picks to Axel and let him work it out. No biggy.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      LOL so Stackhouse and Webber, two of the most accomplish players he ever played with, couldn't get along with him. THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT.
      I don't really know the full story there. I don't remember anything specific re Webber from Philly days, but Webber has a negative opinion of Iverson now, so I imagine it was formed back then. But Webber sucked by the time of Philly trade. He probably still considered himself a superstar and didn't like his role, or something.

Stack is nuts in general, especially in his early days. Not the guy you want to meet in a dark alley. Iverson was rookie at the time, Stack was young too, they had a fight. It was probably about sharing the ball, but hey, Stack sucked, it's just that it wouldn't be a wise thing to tell him that because he might give you a black eye.

It's actually kind of telling that Stack and old Webber were considered among his best teammates at some point. Give me Patrick Patterson over either of them, more useful player, doesn't think that he's a superstar and won't try to beat up anyone.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jul 31, 2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        I don't really know the full story there. I don't remember anything specific re Webber from Philly days, but Webber has a negative opinion of Iverson now, so I imagine it was formed back then. But Webber sucked by the time of Philly trade. He probably still considered himself a superstar and didn't like his role, or something.

Stack is nuts in general, especially in his early days. Not the guy you want to meet in a dark alley. Iverson was rookie at the time, Stack was young too, they had a fight. It was probably about sharing the ball, but hey, Stack sucked, it's just that it wouldn't be a wise thing to tell him that because he might give you a black eye.
        Iverson is one of the biggest, whiniest, slef centered, arrogant bitches the league has ever seen.

But that being said, he was an unbelievable talent. No one could guard him well, even great defensive players like KidD really only slowed him down and gave him poor percentages. He was getting 30 if he wanted it.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Yeah but so is this way... We're all on now but instead of drafting we have to wait on people. Now we gotta wait till night to for Miek to draft. So the times im available I can't draft... The times I'm not available it'll turn out to be my pick and then I won't be able to pick, people will get impatient and I'll be replaced which, while I realize that's why I'm in this league, I also think is unfair. If I have to wait for you, you should wait for me as well, instead of replacing me
          There is a reasonableness to everything, If you let people know you are going to be away, no problem.

If your location says toronto and its 1 in the morning, you are probably asleep.

Comment

He did have ego like most great players, I think Jordan wouldn't want to come off the bench either. He's not without flaws, a coach killer, hard to coach. That said, he seemed like a good teammate. He always stood up for his teammates in the media. Only a few teammates didn't like him. Chris Webber couldn't stand him, and he had issues with Stackhouse, but other than that all teammates seemed to love him.
            Stackhouse beat him up lool
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              Iverson is one of the biggest, whiniest, slef centered, arrogant bitches the league has ever seen.

But that being said, he was an unbelievable talent. No one could guard him well, even great defensive players like KidD really only slowed him down and gave him poor percentages. He was getting 30 if he wanted it.
              Personally I believe that gets way overstated, like I said, most teammates seem to absolutely love the guy, and he always stood up for his teammates.

He's more of a Rasheed Wallace, "when keeping it real goes wrong" guy, he would say some stuff to the media that shouldn't be said, and he didn't get along with coaches (which is a big problem, of course). As far as teammates, I would guess that Jordan was a way bigger bitch, so was Kobe, so were two other guys whose names I won't drop since they weren't drafted yet, but all time greats and champions and arrogant as hell with teammates.
              Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jul 31, 2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Personally I believe that gets way overstated, like I said, most teammates seem to absolutely love the guy, and he always stood up for his teammates.

He's more of a Rasheed Wallace, "when keeping it real goes wrong" guy, he would say some stuff to the media that shouldn't be said, and he didn't get along with coaches (which is a big problem, of course). As far as teammates, I would guess that Jordan was a way bigger bitch, so was Kobe, so were two other guys whose names I won't drop since they weren't drafted yet, but all time greats and champions and arrogant as hell with teammates.

I agree, I just really dislike him because of "the series". So I will always associate him with being a bitch. lol.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Stackhouse beat him up lool
                  thats why Iverson wouldn't go to practice. HE knew Stack was there.

Comment

• Give me yabas spot
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Bump. By the way, is it possible to do spoilers here? Then we could hide early rounds when we get to later rounds, to make it a bit shorter.

1. His Airness (DogeLover1234)
                      2. Lebron (planetmars)
                      3. Magic (Miekenstein)
                      4. Kareem (Mack11)
                      5. Bird (JimiCliff)
                      6. Wilt (Joey)
                      7. The Dream (Bonus Jonas)
                      8. Shaq (yabadabayolo)
                      9. Russell (Snooch)
                      10. Duncan (007)
                      11. Big O (Axel)
                      12. The Admiral (DanH)
                      13. Kobe (Apollo)
                      14. KG (Scraptor)
                      15. J.West (Mack North)
                      16. K.Malone (e_wheazy)

17. J.Stockton (e_wheazy)
                      18. Moses Malone (Mack north)
                      19. Kevin Durant (Scraptor)
                      20. Elgin Baylor (Apollo)
                      21. Scottie Pippen (DanH)
                      22. Arvydas Sabonis (Axel)
                      23. Isaiah Thomas (007)
                      24. Jason Kidd (Snooch)
                      25. Dr. J (Yaba)
                      26. Dirk (Bonus)
                      27. Nash (Joey)
                      28. Anthony Davis (JimiCliff)
                      29. Tracy McGrady (Mack11)
                      30. Stephen Curry (Miek)
                      31. Charles Barkley (planetmars)
                      32. Gary Payton (DogeLover1234)

33. John Havlicek (DogeLover1234)
                      34. Chris Paul (planetmars)
                      35. Bob McAdoo (Miekenstein)
                      36. D-Wade (Mack11)
                      37. Grant Hill (JimiCliff)
                      38. Ray Allen (Joey)
                      39. Paul Pierce (Bonus Jonas)
                      40. yabadabayolo
                      41. Snooch
                      42. 007
                      43. Axel
                      44. DanH
                      45. Apollo
                      46. Scraptor
                      47. Mack North
                      48. e_wheazy

49. e_wheazy
                      50. Mack North
                      51. Scraptor
                      52. Apollo
                      53. DanH
                      54. Axel
                      55. 007
                      56. Snooch
                      57. yabadabayolo
                      58. Bonus Jonas
                      59. Joey
                      60. JimiCliff
                      61. Mack11
                      62. Miekenstein
                      63. planetmars
                      64. DogeLover1234

65. DogeLover1234
                      66. planetmars
                      67. Miekenstein
                      68. Mack11
                      69. JimiCliff
                      70. Joey
                      71. Bonus Jonas
                      72. yabadabayolo
                      73. Snooch
                      74. 007
                      75. Axel
                      76. DanH
                      77. Apollo
                      78. Scraptor
                      79. Mack North
                      80. e_wheazy

Comment

• I didn't think it was possible for any draft to be longer than an NFL draft, but we're going to smash those 3 day events! We're looking at 10+ at this rate.

Comment

Bump. By the way, is it possible to do spoilers here? Then we could hide early rounds when we get to later rounds, to make it a bit shorter.
                          Thats actually why I put the draft table together. Figured it would help organize things once we get into the later rounds.

Comment

• Yawn, VC will be in the Hall of Fame by time Yabba comes about....

Comment

• OMG...SMH...Going for BBQ BRB.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                OMG...SMH...Going for BBQ BRB.
                                LMFAO ... imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X