• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pick will be in a few moments.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Did I just make a pick prematurely?

Damn, I hate being premature.

They should make pills for that shit.....

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        For the record, this is also the long weekend going into my week summer vacation from work, with a preggo with and a toddler. If anyone has shit on the go, I can certainly relate. But I got my big board on my phone notes and keep checking to see what progress (if any) is made. If you are struggling to find spare time, drink more water (yes the RR crazies are the ones checking their phones in the bathroom).

Lots of people have been offline for long times but they have been up front and made arrangements where possible.

The draft was always intended to take longer than the actual tournament and ideally, we would have started at the end of June and planned for a longer draft.
        I am doing the exact same thing in regards to big board etc.. And I commend you for still commissioning even with such a full plate.

My problem is that I won't have any internet where I'm going, so I can't even be checking periodically (which I totally would be doing otherwise)
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• That being said I'm all for Joey's proposal, where absences must be communicated ahead of time to be allowed
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            I am doing the exact same thing in regards to big board etc.. And I commend you for still commissioning even with such a full plate.

My problem is that I won't have any internet where I'm going, so I can't even be checking periodically (which I totally would be doing otherwise)
            no internet, you headed to the fucking moon mate?

Comment

It's getting a bit much with these replacements. I mean people have lives outside of this (I think) and while I wanna keep this thing moving steady, it's understandable that people are away for extended periods of time. Life happens.

I think we're all just really excited about the league, and we wanna make progress on something (since the season seems a distant future). But realistically it'll be more fun and exciting if we can take this all the way up to the start of the season (which is in November, keep in mind...)
              Cell phone>Tapatalk>Notifications>Quick pick>Life goes on.

Plan B: provide a backup list.

He had options.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                My pick will be in a few moments.
                007 selects......

James Bond!

What position will he play?
                Can he shoot the opposition?
                Can he stop Shaq?
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

That being said I'm all for Joey's proposal, where absences must be communicated ahead of time to be allowed
                  So it has been said, so it has come to pass. Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    007 selects......

James Bond!

What position will he play?
                    Can he shoot the opposition?
                    Can he stop Shaq?
                    He defeated Jaws in Moonraker. Shaq wouldn't be much different.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• For the record, in DanH's PM from yesterday he said he'd be off the grid until this evening.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        For the record, in DanH's PM from yesterday he said he'd be off the grid until this evening.
                        I do have his list but he made no mention if his list ranking applies to 2 picks deep or not. His intention was to be back for his next pick.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          no internet, you headed to the fucking moon mate?
                          I'm thinking the Internet might even be stronger there

Comment

• I was very happy to get Isaiah Thomas in the 2nd round, he was 2nd on the top 8 I sent Axel (behind Pippen).

Now, I've got a post presence in Duncan, and playmaking in Thomas. I need a small forward. But not just any small forward. Some people think Duncan's game is boring. People want to be entertained. I need someone who can score, who can wow the crowd. People love watching the Clippers because of dunks and lobs. Thomas can throw the lobs, but I need someone who can finish them, and can posterize people on his own.

Who better to do that than the Hall of Famer, the 9 time All-Star, the NBA scoring champion, the 2 time dunk contest winner, The Human Highlight Film himself, DOMINIQUE WILKINS!!!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              I was very happy to get Isaiah Thomas in the 2nd round, he was 2nd on the top 8 I sent Axel (behind Pippen).

Now, I've got a post presence in Duncan, and playmaking in Thomas. I need a small forward. But not just any small forward. Some people think Duncan's game is boring. People want to be entertained. I need someone who can score, who can wow the crowd. People love watching the Clippers because of dunks and lobs. Thomas can throw the lobs, but I need someone who can finish them, and can posterize people on his own.

Who better to do that than the Hall of Famer, the 9 time All-Star, the NBA scoring champion, the 2 time dunk contest winner, The Human Highlight Film himself, DOMINIQUE WILKINS!!!
                              I was hoping to move up to get him.

Comment

• I'm looking to possibly move up into the late 3rd/early 4th round, depending who's still on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X