X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Ralph Sampson if injuries aren't a factor. Same as Bill Walton at C
    I wouldn't agree, Ralph wasn't a similar player to Walton at all, he was a soft PF with a dribble. Very athletic for his size, prefered doing PF / SF stuff outside the paint on offense, and an ok but not special defender. Walton was a traditional center, far less athletic than Sampson (Sampson was a freak), but he played inside, defended centers, had post moves, both had shooting range just outside the paint, but Sampson shot more. Besides, Walton was a leader, Sampson was just a guy who wanted people to like his skills. Sampson had a lot of Javale McGee in him, but bigger talent. He would do stupid dribbles down the court and such. In a way, he was unlucky to be 7'4, he was just too big and not coordinated enough for how he wanted to play.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't agree, Ralph wasn't a similar player to Walton at all, he was a soft PF with a dribble. Very athletic for his size, prefered doing PF / SF stuff outside the paint on offense, and an ok but not special defender. Walton was a traditional center, far less athletic than Sampson (Sampson was a freak), but he played inside, defended centers, had post moves, both had shooting range just outside the paint, but Sampson shot more. Besides, Walton was a leader, Sampson was just a guy who wanted people to like his skills. Sampson had a lot of Javale McGee in him, but bigger talent. He would do stupid dribbles down the court and such. In a way, he was unlucky to be 7'4, he was just too big and not coordinated enough for how he wanted to play.
      Just meant they are really good player if injuries don't factoir. Not that they are similar players. English is my first and only language but I still struggle at times especially with idioms

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Maybe a slight reach, but based on skill set and performance, it's hard to find anyone better at this point.
        I think there are a few better centers, including one that two of your guys played with. But Rasheed's main strength defensively, besides versatility, was his vocal leadership. He was the vocal guy who understood schemes and told everyone where to be on the Pistons.

That's the biggest problem with Davis defensively, he's not a leader now, he tends to miss plays defensively, so a leader next to him is nice.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Just meant they are really good player if injuries don't factoir. Not that they are similar players. English is my first and only language but I still struggle at times especially with idioms
          Ah, sorry, misunderstood you. Yep, he was a good player.

Comment

• I need someone to stop these wings and finish of my devastating defensive lineup.

I will take the only guy t7o ever go for 5,5,5,5,5 in a game.

Great glue guy who does everything

AK47

Andrei kirilinko

Kidd
            Barry
            AK
            Hayes
            Russell

Defense wins championships. Good luck scoring boys!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              I need someone to stop these wings and finish of my devastating defensive lineup.

I will take the only guy t7o ever go for 5,5,5,5,5 in a game.

Great glue guy who does everything

AK47

Andrei kirilinko

Kidd
              Barry
              AK
              Hayes
              Russell

Defense wins championships. Good luck scoring boys!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
              Didn't Batum do it?

Comment

• Batum did do it. 11 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 5 blocks

Comment

• Joey, can you see 007's online status?
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I get another pick. Nice. Will be in shortly.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Joey, can you see 007's online status?
                      hi

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        hi
                        Lol hi

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Joey, can you see 007's online status?
                          007 wrote: View Post
                          hi
                          Yep.

Comment

• I'm torn. Pretty sure the guy I want to draft 2nd is more likely to be gone than the guy I want first, even though the guy I want first is more important to my team fit. Tempted to risk it

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              I think there are a few better centers, including one that two of your guys played with. But Rasheed's main strength defensively, besides versatility, was his vocal leadership. He was the vocal guy who understood schemes and told everyone where to be on the Pistons.

That's the biggest problem with Davis defensively, he's not a leader now, he tends to miss plays defensively, so a leader next to him is nice.
                              Disagree that he's better - it's really apples and oranges, because of Sheed's shooting ability.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• To round out my starting lineup I need a centre. I'm actually the last person to choose a centre (I have Duncan though, so I'm fine with that).

I need someone who can do it all. Someone who plays with relentless intensity, who can energize a team. Who better to add to my group than the 5 time All-Star, 3 time All-Defensive team player, MVP winner, 1 of only 4 players in history to lead their team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals over the course of a season, DAVE COWENS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X