This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    I'm saying if a guy is an 8 time all star, and in those 8 years got chosen for 5 all-NBA first teams, 3 all-NBA other teams, 4 defensive teams and was DPOY 3 years in a row, you're gonna tell me that whole time wasn't his prime?
    its really up to you to convey to voters i think. You have to prove to voters that longevity of greatness is more important than peak greatness. I don't think this is the case given that these hypothetical games are not a decade long, but if you can convince people otherwise so be it.

Comment

• 10 mins guys

Comment

• Woo! Mack's here. Let's do this!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          its really up to you to convey to voters i think. You have to prove to voters that longevity of greatness is more important than peak greatness. I don't think this is the case given that these hypothetical games are not a decade long, but if you can convince people otherwise so be it.
          From Axel's PM about the league:

For your match-up, you get to provide an initial paragraph (10 reasonable length sentences) explaining why you'd win this game (so focus on player specific or team strategy - ie run small ball cause Bird vs Shaq at the C spot) and then each get a 5 sentence follow-up (to provide counter to opponents strategy, etc - in game adjustments).
          Longevity shouldn't really matter at all, because we're talking about a player playing one game while at his peak, which is, I believe, whenever you choose to define it.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            I think its just more along the lines of that if they had more great years, you have more instances of success with which to point to when making your arguments. More is better. But one could also extrapolate a lot out of 2 great seasons as well.

Comment

• Axel, maybe you can give us a clarification here.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• This sucks!! Phone's dying so is my car and can't do research... im gonna need til the morning to think it over and study!

Comment

• I'm gonna go with Russell Westbrook at PG.

Comment

• Legacy League Draft Thread

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    I'm gonna go with Russell Westbrook at PG.
                    Good choice!

Not necessarily Russell but picking right now, and opening up room for a domino effect of picks, that was a good choice
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      This sucks!! Phone's dying so is my car and can't do research... im gonna need til the morning to think it over and study!
                      Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I'm gonna go with Russell Westbrook at PG.
                      Hah! I knew you were just pulling one over on us!...

Nice pick. Was wondering about Russ as well.

Comment

• Russ was on my short list. Good pick.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Clearly Mack didn't have time to study up and just grabbed a guy with a similar last name to one of his other players.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Westbrook was a guy I wanted
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Axel, maybe you can give us a clarification here.
                              Really up to the voters interpretation.

Rules simply say peak form.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bob is theorically in the thread, but Apollo isn't. Itching for my next pick.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X