Everything Jerry Stackhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Jerry Stackhouse

Stack doesn't just fight a lot. He wins. Find me a report of a fight that Stack got the worst of and it'll be the first I see. Here are some greatest hits.

- He O.J. Mayo'd Christian Laettner when the two had a card game dispute on the Pistons' plane in 1999. Here's the twist: Laettner was already laid up with a broken rib ... and Stack still went after him. The man does not care if you're on the injured list. Pay the man. Pay him.

- In 1997 he socked his good friend Allen Iverson in the dome during practice. His good friend. When questioned by reporters, he then insulted A.I., his good friend:

"It was a fight between one guy who doesn't know how to fight and another guy who didn't want to," Stackhouse said.

The man does not care if you're his friend. Do not disrespect Stack.

- So if Stack is doing this to teammates, what's he going to do to others who aggravate him? Well, he almost fought then-Hornets coach Byron Scott in 2008 because, well, Scott was talking like a sucker.

"I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

- Every fight report notes that Stack gets in the first punch, like this 2005 tale of Stack's spat with Kirk Synder.

Nearly 20 minutes after the Mavericks' 88-81 victory over the Jazz was completed, witnesses said Stackhouse was standing in the tunnel that leads to the Utah team bus talking to his wife. Accounts varied on what happened next. But this much is certain: Stackhouse and Utah rookie Kirk Snyder, who exchanged words during the game, quickly came to blows.

Mavericks officials and security guards were still piecing together information late Saturday night. But there were reports that the fight lasted up to 40 seconds. Security officials from all over American Airlines Center rushed to break up the confrontation, and there were reports that Stackhouse knocked Snyder to the ground at one point.

Stack had to be dragged back to the Mavericks locker room by teammates. He wasn't done with Snyder, guys.

Source : http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/9/1...a-pekovic-hook

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

I love the addition of Stackhouse. No bullshit kind of guy, and he knew how to get buckets in his hay-day. I think he will be really beneficial to the development and maturation of Bruno, Bebe, and Powell. Additionally, he might be the only person able to get T Ross to smarten up.

Comment

Working...
    X