Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto & New Jersey in a Possible S&T Scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto & New Jersey in a Possible S&T Scenario?

i know it's kinda early to talk about this stuff, but it just popped in my mind. do u think a S&T scenario involving bosh and some other players for devin harris, brook lopez and some other players is realistic? i just read that the nets might let go of harris, but lopez is a keeper. it would solve some of our glaring problems. thoughts?

if the nets win the lottery we'll talk

Comment

Lopez? I think he is untouchable, wouldnt you say?

Comment

I don't think Bosh would like to take a risk with NJ.

Comment

Why would Bosh want to go from a bad team to a crappy team?

Even if they did get the first overall pick, it would still take about 3 years before they could seriously compete.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
            Lopez? I think he is untouchable, wouldnt you say?
            Yeah, Lopez is definitely off the table

I agree with others, no way Bosh joins the Nets. Maybe if they win the first pick but certainly not as currently constructed.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

the only way Bosh going to NJ is when one more allstar goes there such as joe johnson

Comment

I believe the Nets are a couple of yrs. from going to Brooklyn. The Nets have better assets than the Knicks. I can see that if another f/a went to the Nets and they got Wall that he might consider it. He could still be the main guy and a year or so away from competing at a good level in the east. Rod Thorn is a shark and can do deals and of course they have a new sugar daddy to pony up the cash to make that whole project in Brooklyn open up with a bang and stick it to the Knicks in Manhattan.

Comment

Wouldn't they be getting a huge upgrade in Bosh from Lopez.

I say for Bosh it would be better for him to go to New Jersey than Chicago,

If there is any indication from John Calipari's PGs in the league, John Wall will be NBA ready when he arrives, and he is already 2 years younger than Rose.
                  They have a good shooting guard in Courtney Lee
                  They have a good young small forward with Terrance Williams
                  Yi Jianlian is improving and is young (if he is actually 22)
                  increased points, blocks, and rebounds this year

Bosh will get huge exposure to China
                  see what happened to T-Mac in All-Star voting this year
                  He will be moving to New York in a few years
                  He gets to be boys with Jay-Z
                  He still gets to be the face of the Franchise

I am only in for this deal if Devin Harris and Lopez come back this way, and we trade away either Jose or Jack

Another trade scenario I would like is a sign and trade with OKC, but that is for another forum

Comment

u think Devin Harris is a little bit over hype ....

Comment

NJ would be a pretty damn good option for CB, I think.

Consider the following lineup:

Harris
                      Courtney Lee
                      T. Will
                      CB4
                      Lopez
                      + Nets lotto pick

And they have salary for another max free agent, I believe. That sounds like a 50+ win team, to me.

Comment

It is the only piece I could see coming back to Toronto, if NJ takes John Wall.

The main piece coming back would be Brook Lopez,

But if this trade goes down, it is highly unlikely that Amir would resign in Toronto, as our front court would be pretty crowded with Bargs and Lopez who would be eating up a lot of minutes. Amir is looking for starters minutes but we wont be able to offer him that and will probably walk.

Comment

Bowlby wrote: View Post
                          It is the only piece I could see coming back to Toronto, if NJ takes John Wall.

The main piece coming back would be Brook Lopez,

But if this trade goes down, it is highly unlikely that Amir would resign in Toronto, as our front court would be pretty crowded with Bargs and Lopez who would be eating up a lot of minutes. Amir is looking for starters minutes but we wont be able to offer him that and will probably walk.
                          Brook is untouchable. Expect more like a TPE and a 2011 first, or something.

Comment

Lopez is more valuable then Bosh. He is cheaper and significantly more effective on the defensive end.

NJ is going to be money next year if they can sign a marquee FA. If they get Number 1 or 2 in the draft and a good coach, they will be a play off team fighting for home court.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              Lopez is more valuable then Bosh. He is cheaper and significantly more effective on the defensive end.

NJ is going to be money next year if they can sign a marquee FA. If they get Number 1 or 2 in the draft and a good coach, they will be a play off team fighting for home court.
                              easy buddy don't get ahead of yourself.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X