HUGE Explosion in Tianjin, China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    It can never be properly cleaned now. You have to think it's in the ground water.
    They'd have to test and filter all the water, gonna be quite the task

Comment

the government gets their food and water from heavily guarded farms and springs. they don't care. "all drinking water is safe for human consumption" we hear it everyday at 7pm.

right now the first segment of evening news is about the cleanup and the extraordinarily quick response by the chinese officials. everything is safe, port is opening commerce can proceed.

"China has grown economically very fast over the last few years and it seems so has corruption and graft"
      this quote from bendit, corruption and graft are endemic and not new. if you recall the eunuchs embezzled quite a bit. corruption is so deep in this country that it invades every aspect of life. from bus drivers, to floor cleaners, to the guy that punches my work card in all the way to the top brass.

i have seen with my eyes a bus driver break overload capacity for a cigarette. we were going to huangshan mountains in the winter, very narrow roads, very icy. our tour group was loaded onto a bus and met capacity with 10 people not on board, bus driver wouldn't allow them on, tour guide gave him one cigarette and said "come on" bam, everyone at risk.

every year for spring festival the doorman at our company that punches in cards "forgets" to punch them in unless he gets a carton of smokes.

when i got married, there is only one place in each city to register and everyone knows what you go there for. taxi drivers wouldn't begin to drive when they heard where we were going until they got chocolate. the security guard wouldn't give us information until they got chocolate. the officials wouldn't sign the papers until we bought expensive pictures from them.

have a cousin in the provincial government, another cousin couldn't get into a good school, called her. bam in school with sincere apologies. same guy finishes school and can't get a job, call the connected cousin. boss at the company he applied is for looking for work and he has a good job now.

it is so deep and so crazy. we get segments on the news that guarantee no cover-ups are happening at the site. imagine if everything in canada had to come with a "we are not covering this up" disclaimer because no one trusts anyone.
      Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Aug 21, 2015, 03:30 AM.

Comment

didn't mean to double post

Comment

here are some quick links to what is being done in china. i use this website all the time, it is safe. they take actual chinese articles or trending on weibo issues and translate them. these are relevant to this story.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...-disaster.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...-disaster.html
          (these two show how the government protects the rich while preying on the poor)

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...is-normal.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...headlines.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...equential.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...tigated-2.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...t-workers.html
          (here they are using the super tried and true "temporary workers" defense)

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...s-exposed.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2015/diges...n-victims.html
          (the shaolin abbot is a lecher, big scandal right now. most blame the cultural revolution as all the monks are defending him and saying "he is only a man")

Comment

Don't know what to say. Read the posts. I thank-you all for the info and interest.

Comment

Crazy accidents, threats/diplomacy failures, wars, virus outbreaks. I'm not looking forward to the future. Something's brewing.

Comment

Global economic catastrophe in the fall. That's possibly up next. Even mainstream let's not rock the boat type analysts on CNN and places like that are sounding the alarm that something major could occur in September-October time frame.

Comment

Global economic catastrophe in the fall. That's possibly up next. Even mainstream let's not rock the boat type analysts on CNN and places like that are sounding the alarm that something major could occur in September-October time frame.
                  The Communists got the middle class/upper middle class in China to do a trade: the commies make sure their standard of living keeps rising and they acquiesce to totalitarianism in every other respect. However, that rising standard of living was built on a massive pile of debt that drove a series of bubbles, primarily the real estate bubble, that are all unsustainable. The commies can't keep up their end of the bargain anymore and, in China, that doesn't mean you vote them out and put in the NDP, Torys or Republicans - it means you drag them out in the street and hang them from lampposts. Things are going to get far worse in China before they get better. There is a reason wealthy Chinese are buying homes in Vancouver, Australia, etc. and it isn't cause they want a nice vacation home - they need to get their money out of China and have somewhere to flee when the next revolution starts.

Comment

The way I was interpreting things there it looked like they've intentionally devalued their dollar in the past month to stimulate their economy. That aggressive play has in turn sent ripples all over the globe.

I've never heard of a nation making it illegal to sell off your portfolio but that's what's happened there in the last month... or so I've read. To be clear, this isn't pointed at the little guy. They're going after the upper classes with this.

So to come back to your point, these people won't be able to extract their wealth if they're heavily invested in the markets. It would be easy for China to extend the ban and I fully expect that to be the case if what many think is imminent in the fall occurs.

Comment

The way I was interpreting things there it looked like they've intentionally devalued their dollar in the past month to stimulate their economy. That aggressive play has in turn sent ripples all over the globe.

I've never heard of a nation making it illegal to sell off your portfolio but that's what's happened there in the last month... or so I've read. To be clear, this isn't pointed at the little guy. They're going after the upper classes with this.

So to come back to your point, these people won't be able to extract their wealth if they're heavily invested in the markets. It would be easy for China to extend the ban and I fully expect that to be the case if what many think is imminent in the fall occurs.
                      Not for the little guys who invest. There had always been a ten sell orders per day cap. Now it is illegal for traders who own 5% of a company to do any selling. Shorts are basically finished. Margin trading is encouraged.

One of xis' favorite sayings is if the Chinese people stop trusting the government then they will no longer accept one party rule. Always makes me laugh because their other choice is to be disappeared.

Need to remember there is more than 1.5 billion people here. There are probably more illegal humans, people without ids here than the entire population of America. Of these 1.5 billion only 3-400 million don't live in abject poverty anymore. The government is big on showing off shanghai but if you drive an hour out it is pretty shitty. That is not a huge % of the country helped. The ones who have made money have gone outside and come back with the knowledge of how fucked they got. They see the massive wealth the cadres have earned.

I suggest you watch YouTube videos chinauncensored two words. Just ignore anything that quotes the epoch times because that paper is to far over the edge. Really good political feel for how it is here.

Comment

So.. we hit stock market correction tonight. Is this the start of new global crisis? Markets in Europe closed in panic mode as well.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          The Communists got the middle class/upper middle class in China to do a trade: the commies make sure their standard of living keeps rising and they acquiesce to totalitarianism in every other respect. However, that rising standard of living was built on a massive pile of debt that drove a series of bubbles, primarily the real estate bubble, that are all unsustainable. .... There is a reason wealthy Chinese are buying homes in Vancouver, Australia, etc. and it isn't cause they want a nice vacation home - they need to get their money out of China and have somewhere to flee when the next revolution starts.
                          I'm not sure you can classify China as a communist (or totalitarian) state anymore. It's a one-party state, I know. But I have read that (to over-simplify greatly, obviously) the Chinese leadership is tolerated by the population because they're seen as having been quite competent managers ... of a monumental "sea-change" in China. Not that there haven't been human-rights abuses, mistakes and so on ...

I can't say - won't guess - what will happen if Chinese growth and progress (if it is so viewed) stall, significantly. But I'm not certain that any "revolution" is right around the corner. Or that, if/when it comes, it will look more like October, 1917 than "perestroika". ...

So I hope for the best ...
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Aug 22, 2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Communism is just the name. They are a totalitarian police state. The population excepts them from years of brainwashing. The government starts in kindergarten with the party is the country education and it never stops. That is why they control all media, and information, to make sure the ruse isn't broken.

Generally the people hate the government, but they are too busy making sure what they have built in the past 60 years isn't taken by their countrymen while they try to take what their countrymen have built.

The party has successfully made it impossible for groups of Chinese to work together by breeding mistrust and greed. The attacks on religion are for the same purpose as they bring people together that could affect party rule.

My mother in law remembers when they were communists and everything was provided for everyone but also at that time she tells stories of people being taken away to repopulate other parts of the country.

As for successful management, they stole everything from everyone and said it was theirs. Then they had the peasants attack and kill intellectuals, artists and the wealthy. Then people en masse starved to death. Then America came and started to invest money into the country, and they claim they built this place. Some of my Chinese friends drink the koolaid and will talk horrid things about America. I always remind them that everything they have is because of America. If the ccp felt it had to burn everything down to stay in power, it would be done.

Comment

Ummmm... Miek, don't you mean you LOVE China???

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                                Ummmm... Miek, don't you mean you LOVE China???
                                very much so, very well run and organized. basically when i am at home on my vpn, doesn't matter. when something happens the net focuses on what the party wants and the wumao army directs itself at that one topic. a site like the republic in all it's glory will get very little traffic from china, is there anyone other than me? the censors are blocking chinese from information, we are an espn endorsed nba site. i mentioned it earlier in the thread because of the rumors law and sometimes i am on my phone that doesn't say i am in los angeles.

like right now can type june 4th but if we were close to that date i would get an error page. the official story of what the ccp wants out is out now. they are just waiting for another disaster somewhere else so they can drop this story and go back to how bad japan is.

what the party hates is the idea of any other type of leadership or rallying, stay away from these topics and current news that differs from official party stance and you can do pretty much anything. blocked sites are mostly a threat for western companies to self censor themselves to get a piece of the sweet sweet mooncake china is cooking

Comment

Working...
                                X