Raptors Lose Coin Toss End Up With 13th Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Lose Coin Toss End Up With 13th Pick

Raps lost the coin toss to memphis for the 12th overall pick....yeah I thought we had the 12th cause memphis won the season seris too

Preliminary Draft Order Finalized

Teams in Lottery
    - Chances out of 1,000

New Jersey, 250
    Minnesota, 199
    Sacramento, 156
    Golden State, 104
    Washington, 103
    Philadelphia, 53
    Detroit, 53
    LA Clippers, 23
    New York, 22
    Indiana, 11
    New Orleans, 8
    Memphis, 7
    Toronto, 6
    Houston, 5

The order for the remainder of the first round picks is as follows:

15. Chicago (To Milwaukee)
    16. Charlotte (To Minnesota via Denver)
    17. Milwaukee (To Chicago)
    18. Miami
    19. Boston
    20. San Antonio
    21. Oklahoma City
    22. Portland
    23. Utah (To Minnesota via Philadelphia)
    24. Atlanta
    25. Denver (To Memphis)
    26. Phoenix (To Oklahoma City)
    27. Dallas (To New Jersey)
    28. LA Lakers (To Memphis)
    29. Orlando
    30. Cleveland (To Washington)

Second Round

31. New Jersey
    32. Minnesota (To Oklahoma City)
    33. Sacramento
    34/35. Washington
    34/35. Golden State
    36/37. Detroit
    36/37. Philadelphia (To Milwaukee)
    38/39. New York
    38/39. LA Clippers (To New York via Denver)
    40. Indiana
    41. New Orleans (To Miami)
    42/43. Toronto (To Miami)
    42/43. Memphis (To LA Lakers)
    44. Chicago (To Portland)
    45. Houston (To Minnesota)
    46. Charlotte (To Phoenix)
    47. Milwaukee
    48. Miami
    49. San Antonio
    50. Oklahoma City (To Dallas)
    51. Portland (To Oklahoma City via Dallas and Minnesota)
    52. Boston
    53. Atlanta
    54. Denver (To LA Clippers)
    55. Utah
    56. Phoenix (To Minnesota)
    57. Dallas
    58. LA Lakers
    59. Orlando
    60. Cleveland (To Phoenix)

Sorry What?

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
      Sorry What?
      Memphis and Toronto were tied for their W-L record so there was a coin toss for the tiebreaker.

Toronto lost the coin toss giving Memphis the #12 pick and Toronto the #13 pick should both teams fail to win the lottery.

The lottery only selects top three teams (picks 1, 2 and 3) with the remaining squads falling into the order defined today.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

God Damnit!

We got screwed by Stern again with his trick coin.

Comment

Nothing gone right this season, we lose again.

Maybe we would get lucky and the ball would actually bounce our way.

That's one less talented player on board.

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
            God Damnit!

We got screwed by Stern again with his trick coin.

It was definitely a double headed coin

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              Memphis and Toronto were tied for their W-L record so there was a coin toss for the tiebreaker.

Toronto lost the coin toss giving Memphis the #12 pick and Toronto the #13 pick should both teams fail to win the lottery.

The lottery only selects top three teams (picks 1, 2 and 3) with the remaining squads falling into the order defined today.
              If Houston gets the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick via the lottery and the Raptors don't get one of those three than the Raptors will fall to 14th.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                If Houston gets the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick via the lottery and the Raptors don't get one of those three than the Raptors will fall to 14th.
                Yes
                nbaroundtable

Comment

This sucks. Ah well, I'm not too certain Colangelo will even keep the pick anyway.

Comment

When did we give away our second round pick as well?

Comment

What happened was since we didn’t make the playoffs and kept our first rounder which would have gone to Miami had we not blown the season Miami then receives our 2nd round pick and they keep doing so in till we either make the playoffs and give our 1st rounder or 2014 season comes rolling around and they get our first no matter what playoffs or not its an unprotected pick

Comment

Not such a big deal with the Toronto record picking in the first round!! Ya think Milwaukee is moaning about picking 10th (Jennings) over TO's 9th (DeRozan)?

Comment

Question: Do the Raptors have any previously drafted players that played in Europe this season that could maybe make the team in 2010-2011?
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Man you gotta give him some time they knew he was a raw player with boatloads of potential you didn’t actually expect him to come in a light the league up he was the fifth option most of the time and you gotta remember bosh Turk José bargnani JJ Wright are all going to be options before he was Jennings was heavily dependent on for offence now that being said I would obviously want him now seeing how bad José played this season but C'est la vie we know that derozan can attack the basket and can get to the line give him some time to work on he’s handles and jumper and watch out from what ive heard he ant no bargnani he actually has a good work ethic and will commit himself this summer to improve he’s craft

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Not such a big deal with the Toronto record picking in the first round!! Ya think Milwaukee is moaning about picking 10th (Jennings) over TO's 9th (DeRozan)?
                              I like our rook better than Jennings.
                              And when all said and than, he may turn out to be a better player, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X