Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. Markieff Morris a Raptor? Really??

He's demanding a trade. He's identified only two possible destinations - and Toronto is one of them (Toronto to play with Kyle Lowry; or Houston to play with Harden - but he'll accept a trade anywhere, apparently).

Some of the pros and cons are discussed here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...rkieff-morris/

But 26-year-old, legit power forwards on a good contract (an average $8M for the next four years!) don't grow on trees. Are we willing to trade Ppat and ... what??

But I'm saying - tentatively - "No". It's not so much the felony charges hanging over his head (per se). But he seems like a "powder keg" kind of guy. Can anyone in our dressing room "handle" this guy?

Throwing acid into our dressing-room seems like the wrong kind of chemistry experiment.

But maybe he's too good to pass up ... as a player or even as (just) an asset?

What do you think?
    I want Markieff here. Give up what you must. I trust your judgment.
    25.00%
    I want Markieff. But only on the cheap. NO T-Ross, 1st rounders or Ppat
    17.86%
    "Hey Markieff!: Go Directly to Jail. Do not Pass Go ..".
    57.14%
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 08:42 PM.

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    He's demanding a trade. He's identified only two possible destinations - and Toronto is one of them.

Some of the pros and cons are discussed here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...rkieff-morris/

But guys like these (A young, legit power forward! - on a good contract!!) don't grow on trees. Are we willing to trade Ppat and ... what??

But I'm saying - tentatively - "No". It's not so much the felony charges hanging over his head, per se. But He seems like a "powder keg" kind of guy. I'm not sure we have any one in the dressing room that can handle him. And throwing acid into our dressing-room seems like the wrong kind of "chemisty experiment" to me ....

But maybe we can slow-motion "sign-and-trade" this guy? Maybe he's too good to pass up as a player or an asset?

What do you think?
    He can say he only wants to go to Detroit to play with his brother but it doesn't matter. Suns can send him to the Sixers for Embid. Trade him for his brother and a pick

Comment

I don't really like the idea, but I don't think he would be a huge problem in the raptors locker room considering he is good friends with Kyle Lowry and others on the raps. Maybe this would mean he would be more of a teammate with his friends. I still say no I think he is not a huge upgrade and i don't think he is a great rebounder (still probably better than 2pat) and we really want a superstar not this guy. That being said I guess I wouldn't mind getting him if Masai really did want to get him. If so, Kyle must keep him in check!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I missing something?

Where did he say he wants to go to Toronto?

Is this based off ESPN INsider bit from Pelton saying Raps and Cs could/should make push for him?

Comment

Kyle and JJ would definitely keep him in check.

If he doesn't work out on our team, we'd definitely be able to deal him to another team with his fairly cheap contract.

I like his age and his skillset. I don' think he a major upgrade but still better than what we got right now. However, I wouldn't want to deal 2pat as part of the deal like many others.

I don't really care if he committed a crime. Everyone's broken the law one time or another when they were younger. No one's a white knight. It's not a big deal to me.

IDK what Masai has up his sleeve but if he buys low, i'm on board with it.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Am I missing something?

Where did he say he wants to go to Toronto?

Is this based off ESPN INsider bit from Pelton saying Raps and Cs could/should make push for him?
            It's a Raptor Republic report ... so it's "gold", right?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...of-kyle-lowry/

Comment

Depends on the cost but generally I'm a pass.

Not enough talent for the attitude.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah that link doesn't match what you wrote in the OP. "He likes Houston, he likes Toronto, but he would play anywhere" is what the link says. Not exactly "only two destinations"
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  He can say he only wants to go to Detroit to play with his brother but it doesn't matter. Suns can send him to the Sixers for Embid. Trade him for his brother and a pick
                  Dude needs to grow a set. He can't go through life holding his brother's hand. He's supposed to be a professional.

Comment

No member of the Suns had addressed the idea that Markieff may want to leave until Suns guard Archie Goodwin spoke to SiriusXM NBA Radio on Monday.

"I can't speak too much on that situation but I can say that the last couple years I've been with (him), Markieff is a great guy, one of my favorite guys to be around," Goodwin said. "He's a really positive guy to me and for everybody else. He's always been a team-first guy. I love Markieff. I love Marcus. I hope (Markieff) stays with us. I don't know what's going to happen with that situation. That's why I really can't speak on it. I really enjoy being around him and I wish the best for him whether he is with us or another team."

After the interview, Markieff tweeted a link to listen to Goodwin's appearance with the comment, "Only speaking real facts!"

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...alks/31494667/

I really wouldn't bother with him.

He got more minutes and more shots last year but his per36 production declined in points and rebounds and drastically fell in FTA. I didn't watch any Suns games outside Raptors and maybe he was put in different situation, but I really don't see him making a difference. Already PP, Scola, and JJ to play minutes at the 4.

Meh. I just don't see him making a difference.

Every time I hear a player rumoured to Raptors, I'm checking WS/48.

Morris in '15: .084
                    Morris in '14: .140

I mark Masai down as a MAYBE - lol

Comment

As I mentioned in the free agency thread.. I'd trade DD for him if Phoenix could include a prospect (Warren/Booker/Goodwin) and/or pick with him... and then start CoJo next to Lowry with Wright/Suns Prospect/Ross as backups.

Comment

At the same time, would love to have Morris in addition to Patterson. Let’ see if Ujiri can pull something out of his hat. On the other hand, though, do you really want a player that’s being such a bitch?
                        Arse nails it.

I can understand his frustration. Took less to play with brother, felt he did franchise a solid. Problem he fails to see is the solid worked both ways. PHX essentially signed the same player - and neither one are huge difference makers.

From yelling at coaches to off court bullshit, the Morris twins brought this on themselves.

Meh really sums up my feelings.

Comment

The report actually is out of Phoenix
                          http://arizonasports.com/2015/08/12/...-phoenix-suns/
                          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Yeah that link doesn't match what you wrote in the OP. "He likes Houston, he likes Toronto, but he would play anywhere" is what the link says. Not exactly "only two destinations"
                            Yes. And it's not a direct quotation either, it seems. The article that the RR is based on is this, I think ... from Arizona Sports Radio. (98.7 FM):

http://arizonasports.com/2015/08/12/...-phoenix-suns/

The article does suggest that he has said (to someone) he would like to play in either Houston or Toronto. But yes "Just get me the hell outta. To anywhere. NOW!" does seem to capture his feeling.

(I've edited the OP ... ok?)
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              As I mentioned in the free agency thread.. I'd trade DD for him if Phoenix could include a prospect (Warren/Booker/Goodwin) and/or pick with him... and then start CoJo next to Lowry with Wright/Suns Prospect/Ross as backups.
                              Booker is the man to go for in this fairy tale. .219 WS/40

I like Warren and Goodwin but neither can shoot deep.

Comment

Working...
                              X