• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    I see a young Rasheed Wallace in Markieff

Comment

• what if we went after Kenneth Faried instead
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Sheed was WAY WAY WAY more talented.
        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Per 36 and per 100, their stats are eerily similar.

Comment

PP36 yeah, but that's about it. Defensively Sheed was way better, he shot a better FG% and rebounded better.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rasheed played 16 seasons.

Take a look at Rasheed prime seasons.

Rasheed's advanced stats are all extremely superior.

I'm genuinely surprised how similar those per36 and 100 possessions are but under the hood is a different story.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Said again, would you do the Rudy Gay trade again? I am literally asking for your opinion, if you don't want to give it, then don't respond.
              So I'm guessing you aren't planning to respond to my honest question?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Your comparing careers.. which isn't fair to Wallace because his play dropped off at the end there. But looking at Rasheed's best year (arguably 2000-2001), with Morris' 2013-2014 season (his best) it's actually not too far:

Code:
                Rk 	Player 	                 Season 	Age 	G 	GS 	MP 	FG 	FGA 	FG% 	3P 	3PA 	3P% 	2P 	2PA 	2P% 	FT 	FTA 	FT% 	ORB 	DRB 	TRB 	AST 	STL 	BLK 	TOV 	PF 	PTS
                1 	Markieff Morris 	2013-14 	24 	81 	0 	2153 	6.9 	14.1 	.486 	0.6 	1.8 	.315 	6.3 	12.3 	.512 	4.3 	5.5 	.792 	2.3 	5.8 	8.1 	2.4 	1.1 	0.9 	2.5 	3.9 	18.6
                2 	Rasheed Wallace 	2000-01 	26 	77 	75 	2940 	7.2 	14.4 	.501 	0.6 	2.0 	.321 	6.6 	12.4 	.530 	3.0 	3.9 	.766 	1.8 	5.6 	7.4 	2.6 	1.1 	1.7 	1.9 	2.5 	18.1

Rasheed was better in advanced stats, especially defensively.. but it was closer than I thought it was going to be.

Code:
                Rk 	Player 	                 Season 	Age 	G 	MP 	PER 	TS% 	3PAr 	FTr 	ORB% 	DRB% 	TRB% 	AST% 	STL% 	BLK% 	TOV% 	USG% 		OWS 	DWS 	WS 	WS/48 		OBPM 	DBPM 	BPM 	VORP
                1 	Markieff Morris 	2013-14 	24 	81 	2153 	18.4 	.564 	.128 	.387 	7.3 	18.0 	12.6 	10.9 	1.6 	1.8 	12.9 	23.2 		4.0 	2.4 	6.4 	.143 		0.5 	0.4 	1.0 	1.6
                2 	Rasheed Wallace 	2000-01 	26 	77 	2940 	20.9 	.560 	.138 	.272 	6.2 	17.9 	12.2 	12.9 	1.6 	3.4 	10.7 	23.4 		6.8 	4.2 	11.0 	.180 		2.5 	1.6 	4.1 	4.5

Comment

• Remember, I said young Sheed guys (not prime). Take a look at both of them at age 24 and at age 25 (first allstar appearance).

Comment

• Screw stats. I can't see a way Morris ever becomes half the defender Sheed was. That makes it a bad comparison.

Comment

Remember, I said young Sheed guys (not prime). Take a look at both of them at age 24 and at age 25 (first allstar appearance).
                      Delve in to a comparison of advanced stats.

Not in same ball park.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Screw stats. I can't see a way Morris ever becomes half the defender Sheed was. That makes it a bad comparison.
                        Why not? Markieff has similar physical tools, in fact he's actually probably stronger than Sheed was considering his outweighs him by 20lbs (via BREF, idk if that's actually true or not). Has the versatility like Sheed had to guard the post, some centers and even go out and defend the perimeter. Very tough player also.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Not in same ball park.
                          Which advanced stats though? Let's not forget that Sheed was on a 59 win Portland team that lost to the Lakers squad in 7 games in the WCF. That was a damn good squad. Playing a lot of minutes on good teams can do wonders for your stats like WS, oRTG, dRTG, etc.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            While you're right, they are both stupid, a DUI puts every single innocent person who decided to be outside at that time in danger. Confronting an individual who was disrespecting a family member will generally only result in the immediate parties being affected.

And I don't think there is any evidence which actually points to Kieff being the assailant and beating the guy up, let alone it being an "organized beating". For all we know, they confronted him and he got lippy. No one really knows at this point. I don't think anyway. If there is something I'm missing, I apologize.
                            Well, who really knows for sure until proven in court, but they are being accused of organizing a beating, that's why it's a felony.

If it's as you describe, then the prosecution will fail, it won't be a felony. The organizational aspect is what makes this case "aggravated assault" which they are charged with, and without it, it would just be a simple assault.

Sure, DUI is bad, but I think this is simply much worse, if charges are true, and it's treated as worse by laws as well. You (Morris) are intentionally planning to hurt someone. Human health is delicate, you don't know what will happen. Maybe the victim gets a black eye, maybe he gets seriously injured, heck, maybe he pulls out a gun and shoots you and your friends, self defense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Screw stats. I can't see a way Morris ever becomes half the defender Sheed was. That makes it a bad comparison.
                              Well, considering Sheed was never an all-defensive talent and Morris is already top 10 among PFs in defense... I think he already is (at least) half as good defensively)

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Not in same ball park.
                              Kieff had the advantage at 24. Sheed at 25. Let's see what he looks like at 26

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Sure, DUI is bad, but I think this is simply much worse, if charges are true, and it's treated as worse by laws as well. You (Morris) are intentionally planning to hurt someone. Human health is delicate, you don't know what will happen. Maybe the victim gets a black eye, maybe he gets seriously injured, heck, maybe he pulls out a gun and shoots you and your friends, self defense.
                                You're really going to the extreme here for the side you're fighting for. Evident by the fact that you're practically saying a DUI is not a big deal.

Yes you're right a beatdown organized by the Cartel will probably leave someone in the hospital at best, a beatdown by grade school kids will leave someone with a black eye at worst. I feel like what the Morris' did falls somewhere closer to the latter.

Is it right, no of course not, but is it bad enough to condemn a 25 year old for life? I really doubt it. Sometimes you gotta fuck up before you learn to do right.

Comment

Working...
                                X