This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    While we're at it, someone get Mike Scott on the phone.
    You mean Prison Mike?

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      yo man, the demar trade is a bad deal
      Yah people are undervaluing demar imo. Even though people don't like him he is still worth more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• https://youtu.be/f1ktz6_vNLc
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          So cause he got away with it makes it better? Which is worse DUI or punching a guy in his face for being a douche to your mother?
          Well you are painting it in the brightest light possible. If it was as you describe, there would be no felony charges. They planned a beating, organized a bunch of friends to wait for the guy and confront him, and then joined in. It's way worse than a DUI in my book, different planet.

Comment

• lmao someone's suggesting DeMar for Batum essentially

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Well you are painting it in the brightest light possible. If it was as you describe, there would be no felony charges. They planned a beating, organized a bunch of friends to wait for the guy and confront him, and then joined in. It's way worse than a DUI in my book, different planet.
              Depends what that DUI leads to...

Comment

• The raptors have enough first round picks just trade PPat for Morris.

Comment

• Do y'all actually think this will happen? Over/under 25%?

Comment

• i think theres above a 50% chance it happens
                    its gone quiet, which is a good sign masai is involved

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                      i think theres above a 50% chance it happens
                      I just hope we don't give up too much for him. Knowing Masai tho I don't think we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It doesn't happen 100%. What would be Masai's motivation? A disgruntle player with unresolved off the court issues who's nominally better than the current option? Should any playoff team have that much turnover of key players during the off-season unless they're planning a full rebuild? Does he fill the needs that the Raptors lack?

This is a team with tons of assets: four 1st round draft picks in the next 2 years, 4 players who will likely play in the d-league, the rights to a decent player in Europe, and Deandre Daniels... Around the trade deadline, if the Raps are doing well, but PF is still a problem, I think they'll be able to find a PF who better fits their needs.

He has baggage, he's only slightly better and his style of play doesn't appear to match need.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          It's all hearsay, but assuming media reports are true, then Morris forcing a trade by telling the media he's not going to co-operate with the Suns is toxic enough. Why? Because that attitude in itself lowers his trade value and handcuffs the Suns ability to grant him what he wants at a fair price. Even if you want out of your existing team, just be professional, keep your mouth shut and quietly work together with the organization on a fair trade. It helps both you and them to get a deal done.

Otherwise, he come across as acting like a selfish, whiny little butt-hurt b****, which has toxic consequences to the franchises as a trade asset.
                          Dragic did the exact same thing and got his wish granted by PHX, and why didn't anyone consider Dragic as a "toxic" player? Miami greeted him with open arms when they stole him in that trade; they didn't give a shit that some from his previous organization-- mainly his old gm-- perceived his act as quite selfish.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Unless the game plan is to totally change, where are MM post ups coming from? Is DD going to take less long 2s and contested ISO? OK - that sounds great then.

When it comes to catch and shoot, PP has an eFG% of 56.8%. Morris is 47.4%. Seems Patterson fits the other players on the current roster much better than Morris (kick outs on Lowry/DD drives, JV post ups).

Morris was a fairly high usage player in PHX at 23.3. Patterson is just 13.1. Assuming the post season presser by Masai was not lip service, a changed style of play that has more JV post ups and more team ball movement should see PP game as a better fit. I would imagine DD and Lowry continue their high usage with JV getting a bump and Ross being given opportunities off the bench.
                            One thing you didn't mention is that Morris was a more efficient scorer than Patterson with a much larger usage %. In theory, adding guys that can create for themselves makes other guys on the team more efficient because they won't need to take as many shots. Any chance we can get for less shots from Kyle + DeMar makes this team a whole lot deadlier. 4 out of 5 guys in the starting lineup that can create for themselves... how do you defend that? Morris in the starting lineup makes us a very good two way team that can make a deep playoff run in the East.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I just don't see the value of bringing in Morris.... unless you have DD or Ross going out in the trade.

DD for Morris, Booker, and right to swap 2016 TOR/PHX picks - sign me up.
                            Don't get this part of your post here... also, why does that trade interest you more than a Kieff for 2Pat swap?

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                              i think theres above a 50% chance it happens
                              Hmm... I think we should chill a bit.

Just because it's gone silent, doesn't mean Masai's involved lol. I mean trade talks in general are pretty silent right now, is Masai trying to acquire all 400 odd players in the league?

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                                Dragic did the exact same thing and got his wish granted by PHX, and why didn't anyone consider Dragic as a "toxic" player? Miami greeted him with open arms when they stole him in that trade; they didn't give a shit that some from his previous organization-- mainly his old gm-- perceived his act as quite selfish.
                                Dragic had a reasonable beef in that the organization was trying to play 15 PG's at the same time.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X