This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS10 wrote: View Post
    Yea, I agree 100% with both. I'd love to see Kieff apart of our starting line up next year. I hope Masai swoops in and steals him from PHX. Its the best move on the table.

C'mon man.

Not only do we know if it is the best deal on the table - we don't know if it is even on the table to begin with.

The only things we know for certain are speculation and our own opinions.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      C'mon man.

Not only do we know if it is the best deal on the table - we don't know if it is even on the table to begin with.

You're right, I'm getting ahead of myself. My bad.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

You're right, I'm getting ahead of myself. My bad.

I thought that was a requirement for a RR account and posting privileges?

Comment

I thought that was a requirement for a RR account and posting privileges?
          Haha, for sure
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I've been reading a lot of articles on Markieff Morris and his feelings towards the PHX organization and many Suns fans believe the shipping of Morris to another team is only a matter of time. Ofcourse Suns fans have no control on what moves the GM does but because of Morris suggesting that he doesn't like the fans in PHX (their too quiet during games), doesn't like the coaching situation of Jeff Hornacek, and this last incident of the organizations breaking of a promise and trading of Marcus Morris to Detroit, and him publicly saying he isn't going to play with the Suns, it seems overwhelming what will happen. Him suiting up for another team next year. It feels similar to when Lebron made his statement before leaving the Heat and said all the things he didn't like about the organization and then he left. However, MM doesn't really have the power in this situation but he's definitely acting as if he does.

Anyway I'm still hoping he gets traded here but who really knows at this moment. It seems like the Suns are trying to coax him back into wanting to play for the team (Brandon Knight saying he'd like Morris to play for the team) but hopefully those attempts go unnoticed
            Last edited by BS10; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 11:11 PM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

C'mon man.

I think it's more than a decent bet that, under the circumstances, Phoenix is listening to offers. And so discussing possible deals seems perfectly rational, to me - and sounds like fun, too. That okay with you, Mr. Happy?
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• OK. Markieff Morris a Raptor? Really??

BS10 wrote: View Post
                You're way underselling Demar. Demar's value is much higher than Batum. Including a pick in the trade is a little ridiculous and an overkill. Not a fan of the trade.

Plus why would we trade DD and spend an additional pick to get Batum when Batum is going to be a free agent next summer? We can easily sign Batum during the free agency rather than giving up assets of a draft pick + a player.
                that is not going to turn into who demar is better than, but i am not underselling demar at all. batum is a better talent than Demar, better shooter, passer, reboounder and defender. he takes alot less shots though.

Even though last season was not a good one for him, he has higher talent level in all areas than DD.

And like I posted at the start, I Was at other things and didnt overly think it through, and it was a just a basis of an idea.

Sipping on my tea this morning thinking about it, I think a DD for Batum move is more than fine, especially when you consider it isnt just for Batum, that is just one part of the deal because Batum cannot be traded in combination with any other players.

So it is really
                Demar, Ppat and LAC 2017 first

for
                Batum and Kief

With raps 2016 first and Zeller to Phoenix for Kief

That was my original thought, would prefer to remove Ppat from the deal altogether, but cannot see hoe that can work salarywise
                Last edited by Axel; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  I think it's more than a decent bet that, under the circumstances, Phoenix is listening to offers. And so discussing possible deals seems perfectly rational, to me - and sounds like fun, too. That okay with you, Mr. Happy?
                  Look back at his post.

Nothing wrong with speculating and offering opinions. I do it more than most...if not all. But it needs to phrased as such.

Phoenix is listening to offers on everyone just as Raps do just as all teams do.

Reality is we don't even have a clue if Masai is interested in Morris. We can speculate and offer an opinion but we don't KNOW.

Comment

• The way I look at it, if you could have. Starting 5 of KL , DD, Carroll, Markieff and JV for 2017 for $70 million ( $20 million for DD) that is quite reasonable based on a salary cap of $100 million in 2017.
                    With 6 players at entry level contracts and two players signed to 2nd round contracts, there is more than enough room for a $20 million plus contract if necessary.
                    My belief is that KL plays out his 4/48 contract due to his age and inability to find a larger short term contract .
                    You could always pray that you can sign KD and do a sign and trade DD for him. But , are we playing a Pg with three wings and a Center.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                      The way I look at it, if you could have. Starting 5 of KL , DD, Carroll, Markieff and JV for 2017 for $70 million ( $20 million for DD) that is quite reasonable based on a salary cap of $100 million in 2017.
                      With 6 players at entry level contracts and two players signed to 2nd round contracts, there is more than enough room for a $20 million plus contract if necessary.
                      My belief is that KL plays out his 4/48 contract due to his age and inability to find a larger short term contract .
                      You could always pray that you can sign KD and do a sign and trade DD for him. But , are we playing a Pg with three wings and a Center.
                      That starting lineup is closer to 75 million min.

I would rather KL,Ross,DC,Markief,JV and only a 60 million leaving over 30 million in 2017

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                        The way I look at it, if you could have. Starting 5 of KL , DD, Carroll, Markieff and JV for 2017 for $70 million ( $20 million for DD) that is quite reasonable based on a salary cap of $100 million in 2017.
                        With a starting lineup like that you better hope the Knicks/nuggets pick is a franchise player.

That team might be competitive each year but it isn't a contender.

Comment

• Can't go from playoff team to title contender overnight. It's a process.

I'm a fan of fielding the best team possible while still allowing for flexibility and growth moving forwards. The end goal is a title, yes, but you can't frown at every move for a non-franchise altering player.

Picking up guys like DeMarre, CoJo and maybe even Kieff now is smart. They're great players, they help you win, their contracts are easy to trade if you need to, they're assets. If you get a star on top of them, they're depth.

Comment

Yea, I agree 100% with both. I'd love to see Kieff apart of our starting line up next year. I hope Masai swoops in and steals him from PHX. Its the best move on the table.
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Look back at his post.

Nothing wrong with speculating and offering opinions. I do it more than most...if not all. But it needs to phrased as such.

Phoenix is listening to offers on everyone just as Raps do just as all teams do.

Reality is we don't even have a clue if Masai is interested in Morris. We can speculate and offer an opinion but we don't KNOW.
                            So I did as you stipulated and looked back at BS10's post (it's above). Apparently you insist he went too far by stating that a Markieff trade is "the best move on the table". But you don't like his phrasing.

I suppose Phoenix could, ultimately, ignore Markieff's demand for a trade. But I think that trade is most certainly "on the table". Markieff put it there. Most emphatically. It's the buzz of the league. You concede Phoenix must be listening to offers.

But you've turned our excited trade talk/speculations into a (poor, I suggest) lesson in semantic quibbling. Please - don't.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              So I did as you stipulated and looked back at BS10's post (it's above). Apparently you insist he went too far by stating that a Markieff trade is "the best move on the table". But you don't like his phrasing.

I suppose Phoenix could, ultimately, ignore Markieff's demand for a trade. But I think that trade is most certainly "on the table". Markieff put it there. Most emphatically. It's the buzz of the league. You concede Phoenix must be listening to offers.

But you've turned our excited trade talk/speculations into a (poor, I suggest) lesson in semantic quibbling. Please - don't.
                              Amen

Comment

With a starting lineup like that you better hope the Knicks/nuggets pick is a franchise player.

That team might be competitive each year but it isn't a contender.
                                Speaking of which - the notion that the aforementioned line-up "isn't a contender" is an opinion, right? Weren't you just trying to teach us how not to express opinion as fact?

"C'mon man".
                                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X