This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ball4life wrote: View Post
    ...But no... Ppat is not going anywhere even though he is not starting caliber PF.
    I don't know how much PPat can improve to get ready for the starting PF role over the summer. Having said that, I am quite interested in how he would look in that role. He is obviously serious about the game, he's got a good BB IQ, he has the 3 pt shot the Raptors need from the 4 position, and rebounding is at least 50% mental awareness. As he said when Amir was let go. "The starting PF position is mine to lose," (or words to that effect). I think he tries very hard to master the role and I want to see what happens.

Comment

I think Markieff would contribute more as a starter, over PP. He's got better alteral quicks to play D on the perimeter and just seems like the type of guy willing to do the dirty work. And I actually like that he has a bit of a mean disposition because I consider the Raptors one of the more soft teams in the league.

But his off court character could be an issue in the locker room or could mess with team chemistry. Imagine JJ and Morris become buddies..yeeesh!

Comment

If Markieff is willing to wait until December 15th, I'd be willing to trade for him. That's when we are allowed to trade Scola.

To Toronto:
        Markieff Morris

To Phoenix:
        James Johnson
        Luis Scola

This seems like the lowest offer we could possibly give them. Two good players but expiring and not part of the future plans here. Quite frankly, every other trade possibility isn't worth it to me. As many have noted, PPat is arguably better and appears to fit better with what we're doing. PPat and Morris would make a great 1-2 punch at PF though. So the big question is, can Markieff wait until December 15th to head up to Toronto?

Comment

meh, let him go to Houston and then trade for T. Jones.

Comment

Why get a average talent with an above average knucklehead when we can draft someone better with the Knicks pick

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
              BR (I think) suggested something similar as a destination for Morris:
              2Pat, TRoss for Morris, A Goodwin & Cavs 1st pick.
              So in essence: 2Pat for Morris & Cavs first (q Phoenix owns) & TRoss for Goodwin.
              I'd be for it.
              I'd do JJ + Ross + 1st round (Clippers 2017 pick) for Markief + Booker

But IDK if they do that
              Last edited by BS10; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 10:37 AM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I'd be on board for bringing in Morris, especially if Masai can get him at below his regular value since MM is clearly disgruntled and has already apparently leaked his list of teams. May be an opportunity where you get him for a lot less than it would have cost to acquire him when he was "happy" in Phoenix.

I think his character issues are overblown. I think his teammates in Phoenix liked him... He's just upset that he and his brother both resigned in Phoenix under the guise that they'd get to play the next few years together, only for Phoenix to ship out Marcus the first chance they got. I don't think his bitterness is really that unwarranted, even though the NBA can be a cut throat business.

Comment

Really I'm just happy that someone is demanding a trade to the Raptors... And not away from them. Surreal.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    If Markieff is willing to wait until December 15th, I'd be willing to trade for him. That's when we are allowed to trade Scola.

To Toronto:
                    Markieff Morris

To Phoenix:
                    James Johnson
                    Luis Scola

This seems like the lowest offer we could possibly give them. Two good players but expiring and not part of the future plans here. Quite frankly, every other trade possibility isn't worth it to me. As many have noted, PPat is arguably better and appears to fit better with what we're doing. PPat and Morris would make a great 1-2 punch at PF though. So the big question is, can Markieff wait until December 15th to head up to Toronto?
                    Why not just do JJ and Ross?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Why not just do JJ and Ross?
                      Is Morris really worth trading our two best bench wings?

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                        Why get a average talent with an above average knucklehead when we can draft someone better with the Knicks pick
                        I wouldn't want to be handcuffed to only drafting a PF, with what looks like will be a decent pick. This might be our highest draft pick for a while and our only shot of getting a talent with the "it factor", if we strike out on big names in free agency. It's just a personal belief, but I think to get to the next level we need a dynamic scorer at one of the wing positions, so that's what I'm hoping MU uses the pick to acquire. Whether that is by trade or using the pick is left to be seen.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't want to be handcuffed to only drafting a PF, with what looks like will be a decent pick. This might be our highest draft pick for a while and our only shot of getting a talent with the "it factor", if we strike out on big names in free agency. It's just a personal belief, but I think to get to the next level we need a dynamic scorer at one of the wing positions, so that's what I'm hoping MU uses the pick to acquire. Whether that is by trade or using the pick is left to be seen.
                          Agreed, with a top 8 pick you draft best player available, not best fit at the time.

Also the Knicks pick would never get traded but we basically have to trade our own pick, you can't have a contending team with that many young guys (2 draft picks, DWright, Powell, Bruno & Bebe).
                          Last edited by Letter N; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            Is Morris really worth trading our two best bench wings?
                            Switching Ross from "Worst Starter" too "Best Bench Wing" was a good move. Haha

I like Markieff Morris actually, I think he could contribute nicely. I wouldn't give up much past PPat for him though. He's a little bit younger than PPat and has better size for the PF position.

He's not the ideal target for PF, but he would be our best option, and can always be moved to the bench if we stumble upon something better.
                            Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Agreed, with a top 8 pick you draft best player available, not best fit at the time.

Also the Knicks pick would never get traded but we basically have to trade our own pick, you can't have a contending team with that many young guys (2 draft picks, DWright, Powell, Bruno & Bebe).
                              Why not? You can 15 guys on the roster, run a 9 man rotation and you have 6 slots for young guys. Plus I expect at least Wright and Bebe to be contributing on bench contender level by then. Not to mention you can always stick young guys on our new DLeague team.

Comment

No knuckleheads. Stay away.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X