This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    That was Marcus in that quote not Markieff.
    Whoops, my bad… lol
    Last edited by BS10; Sat Aug 29, 2015, 05:41 PM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I bet fans of other teams walk away feeling the same about Derozan after seeing him play. That's the danger of only using the eye test on a few games. Like Derozan, Morris is also a high volume mid range shooter. When he's on it's great, when he's off it's terrible. Overall, he grades out as one of the least efficient PF's in the game. Morris and Patterson both suck at rebounding, which by itself makes them both not starting caliber PF's. What's the point of trading away assets to marginally upgrade the backup PF position with a player who might not be as good of a fit?
      Very true. It's possible that he had performed above his average in the games I have seen him play. I do recognize that the eye test has limitations of course, but stats do as well. I like to think about that championship pistons team. I don't believe that that team was full of elite defenders, but average to maybe slightly above average defenders surrounding an elite defender in Ben Wallace, with adequate offence to make a great team. Basically, Ben's defensive prowess made others look better defensively, which should be considered when looking at advanced defensive metrics. No way I think that all the other players on that Pistons team were elite defenders. Wallace detered players from entering the paint, which forced them to take lower percentage shots, thus making those defenders look better than they are. I bet the same could be analyzed of last years Jazz team with the addition of Gobert to the starting unit, and it will be interesting to see how that team fares this upcoming season. This example probably isn't the best one to make when looking at the Raps and Morris, but it is an example worth noting of how a single player can affect the advanced metrics of teammates.

Also, I'm not as worried about the rebounding issue as some are. Sure it was a weakness for the team, and perhaps Morris isn't gonna change the tides in the regard, but we survived numerous years with Amir starting, and he wasn't a great rebounder either. Sure, it would be great to have a tenacious rebounder here, but honestly, I'd rather have Morris at $8M per than a Tristan Thompson at whatever ridiculous contract he will receive. Not that you are suggesting we get TT mind you, just an example. I think Morris is an upgrade however, and because his contract is so utterly delicious, I take the chance for the right price.

Comment

• There are reports coming out today that "Phoenix has no interest in trading Markieff Morris". But they're not worth looking at.

They're all based on a merely speculative report from Paul Coro of AZ Central Sports. He neither quotes, nor alludes to, any new information from anyone. Still, in these the dog-days, Yahoo and a few others are reporting his re-hash as news.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          There are reports coming out today that "Phoenix has no interest in trading Markieff Morris". But they're not worth looking at.

They're all based on a merely speculative report from Paul Coro of AZ Central Sports. He neither quotes, nor alludes to, any new information from anyone. Still, in these the dog-days, Yahoo and a few others are reporting his re-hash as news.
          Yea I read them and they basically suggest that because nothing has been reported its indicative that the Suns won't be trading Markieff. There isn't really any inside Suns people suggesting it, its more an outside perspective looking in. It could be right and could be wrong. Its mere speculation and another news story that has to be written because something has to be written.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Interesting article that suggests the Suns management have to trade MM because of the possible division within the locker room.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...-than-call-his
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
              Interesting article that suggests the Suns management have to trade MM because of the possible division within the locker room.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...-than-call-his
              The more interesting article was the link to Timeline of Self-Destruction. He may be talented but he is an immature head case.

Comment

• So is Keith Richards. And Axel Rose. And Kanye West. And Kurt Cobain. And Prince. One can go on and on.

But I'm guessing you'd buy tickets to see a few.

Still, you may be right about Markieff. I'd leave the final decision to Masai and the guys who'd have to suit up with him. But if they're ok with it, I'd take the talent. And if they're not .... fine!

Comment

So is Keith Richards. And Axel Rose. And Kanye West. And Kurt Cobain. And Prince. One can go on and on.

But I'm guessing you'd buy tickets to see a few.

Still, you may be right about Markieff. I'd leave the final decision to Masai and the guys who'd have to suit up with him. But if they're ok with it, I'd take the talent. And if they're not .... fine!
                  Richards was an addict. Rose destroyed one of the greatest bands of all time. West alienates his peers on a regular basis. Cobain killed himself. Price is the "normal" one in that list.

Do you really want a (role) player following in any of those footsteps?
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Richards was an addict. Rose destroyed one of the greatest bands of all time. West alienates his peers on a regular basis. Cobain killed himself. Price is the "normal" one in that list.

I actually like Prince but damn, if HE is the normal one in your list...
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      I actually like Prince but damn, if HE is the normal one in your list...
                      We'd have to use more purple throw backs since it's clearly his colour.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm really impressed this thread managed to get 39 pages of comments in the late offseason considering it's based on 1 rumour from weeks ago.

Raptors fans are the best (no sarcasm).

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Prince is the most normal??? Haha! But he's God-awful talented. Once saw a documentary (from the 80's) in which musicians from Joni Mitchell to Miles Davis acknowledged the man's genius.

If Kyle and the boys thought they could use Markieff, I'd be happy to see him suit up. That's all I meant.

But he might be a good deal more than a role-player. Some believe that. I don;t think you bring him here if that's all he is ... and can be. Patterson isn't terrible. And yes, he may grow.

Comment

Prince is the most normal??? Haha! But he's God-awful talented. Once saw a documentary (from the 80's) in which musicians from Joni Mitchell to Miles Davis acknowledged the man's genius.

If Kyle and the boys thought they could use Markieff, I'd be happy to see him suit up. That's all I meant.

But he might be a good deal more than a role-player. Some believe that. I don;t think you bring him here if that's all he is ... and can be. Patterson isn't terrible. And yes, he may grow.
                            How did this thread end up here? 😮

Comment

• I will eat a teaspoon of my own shit if he gets traded before his legal issues are resolved. If I am a GM trading for him, settlement or plea bargain are essential to me even answering the phone.

Unless its hey take Markieff and 3 first round picks for a TPE or something
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I heard Prince played varsity ball, maybe the Raps can sign him to a 10-day contract.
                                Last edited by BS10; Thu Sep 3, 2015, 05:12 PM.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X