This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Toronto's proximity to Detroit has anything to do with his desire to come here.
    Probably not given that he also mentioned both Houston (which is pretty far from Detroit) and Lowry. Toronto being a drive away from Detroit is probably just a bonus.

With that said, I am against getting Morris here unless we aren't giving up anything of value (i.e. we should have to give up either Patterson or Ross). Given that he wants the trade more than we do (I actually don't think he's that much of an upgrade over Patterson), we shouldn't have to give up anything of real value for this trade as his trade value is lower than his actual value. And that's also before you factor in the decision on that court case.

I don't actually have a problem with his behaviour on the court or in regards to the Suns (I hate that franchise for a lot of reasons but the Ennis thing is probably one of the bigger ones) as that stuff with Dragic is still fresh in my mind. It's the off-court stuff that's worrying.

The only circumstance that I'd be happy with moving either Patterson or Ross would be if Phoenix added some sweeteners like a prospect and/or some picks.

JWash wrote: View Post
    This could be it. I think he also might've had a look through the playoff teams with his agent and realized that Houston and Toronto are the only ones he'd likely start on (because their weakest position is PF).
    This makes sense too.
    Last edited by Just Is; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 10:10 AM.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      I would only consider kief is demar was going out. Im not a fan of having 3 playes in starting lineup working the same or similar areas on the court

If a package starting with demar and ppat for kief, and bledsoe or something....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
      Yeah same I think we need to ship out DD if we're getting Kieff and let Ross run the 2 spot. Better spacing, and then Lowry and JV can split DD's 18-20 shots per game.

Comment

I would only consider kief is demar was going out. Im not a fan of having 3 playes in starting lineup working the same or similar areas on the court

If a package starting with demar and ppat for kief, and bledsoe or something....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
        Yeah.. I think DD would be the ideal player to be moved for Kief.. Personally, I'd rather have a prospect (Booker, Warren, Goodwin) and/or a pick.

Blesdoe is alright but he's 6'0 and would struggle defending larger guards with Lowry in the back court. If Bledsoe could be flipped to a third team than even better.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Yeah same I think we need to ship out DD if we're getting Kieff and let Ross run the 2 spot. Better spacing, and then Lowry and JV can split DD's 18-20 shots per game.
          I assume you missed adding kief for splitting those DD shots?

Cause that would be an awful lot of shots from 2 guys.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            DD averaged 16.5 shots a game last year.. Kief averaged 13.4 (about 6.5 more shots than Amir). Move CoJo in as a starter and have him shoot another 10 and you've covered DD's shot attempts from last season. If 10 is too many, have Lowry or preferably JV shoot 1 or 2 more. It's not that hard to make it work.

Comment

• The problem with all of these trade scenarios involving moving DD as part of the trade is that it leaves only Lowry as the sole play maker on the roster. The offence would come to a screeching halt if you run every single play through Lowry. I like cojo as a back up but hat the idea of him as a starter. He does not compliment Lowry for long stretches of a game, imo. Phoenix isn't giving up Bledsoe, so forget that idea.

Comment

• I think trading dd in a kieff deal would be unwise . Even if you're getting bledsoe back he's not a shooting guard. And the whole markieff thing would be more of a n experiment anyway. The deal danh proposed makes sense. Including key players in there doesn't

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• This whole he wants to come to Toronto needs perspective:

And now he is prepared to do whatever it takes to force Phoenix to deal him. He likes Houston because of James Harden and Toronto because of Kyle Lowry, but he honestly doesn’t care where he gets dealt as long as he is not wearing a Suns uniform.

http://arizonasports.com/2015/08/12/...-phoenix-suns/
                  That is the source of original story. It is from a local Phoenix reporter. There is no direct quote. In my opinion morris likely likes the idea of playing with Lowry because both are from Philly and they likely have a personal history.

But most importantly notice he wants to play anywhere other than Phoenix.

I love good speculation but there has been nothing tying him toronto other than rampant speculation. Pelton at espn has come up with a trade scenario for just about every nba team - including Raptors.

Comment

• Rather keep Ross than 2Pat. Ross is the better shooter. Kieff cant hit threes like Pat but, you still have to guard him out there. 2pat is a 37 percent career 3point shooter and Kieff is 33 percent.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      The problem with all of these trade scenarios involving moving DD as part of the trade is that it leaves only Lowry as the sole play maker on the roster. The offence would come to a screeching halt if you run every single play through Lowry. I like cojo as a back up but hat the idea of him as a starter. He does not compliment Lowry for long stretches of a game, imo. Phoenix isn't giving up Bledsoe, so forget that idea.
                      Ading an additional playmaker is not a big issue honestly, there are guys out there and perhaps we already have some.

Look back on the pistons from a decade ago, they really only had Billups, Even the great Spurs only start with Tony, Manu comes off the bench as a secondary playmaker.

Comment

• From what I've also heard, Goodwin may lose minutes to Booker on the Suns.... and him and Morris get along very well.

Patt and Ross for Markief and Goodwin works too trade-wise.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Here is my thought

Phoenix out
                          Bledsoe and Morris

In
                          Demar, Frye, and Payton

Orlando in:
                          Bledsoe, Toronto 2016 First

out
                          Mario, Payton and Frye

Toronto out:
                          Demar, 2016 first

In
                          Morris and Mario

KLowry/Cujo/Wright
                          Ross/Mario/Powell
                          Carroll/JJ
                          Morris/Ppat/Biyombo
                          JV/Scola/Bebe

Comment

Here is my thought

Phoenix out
                            Bledsoe and Morris

In
                            Demar, Frye, and Payton

Orlando in:
                            Bledsoe, Toronto 2016 First

out
                            Mario, Payton and Frye

Toronto out:
                            Demar, 2016 first

In
                            Morris and Mario

KLowry/Cujo/Wright
                            Ross/Mario/Powell
                            Carroll/JJ
                            Morris/Ppat/Biyombo
                            JV/Scola/Bebe
                            Orlando would decline. Mario and Payton are too young with too much potential

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Ading an additional playmaker is not a big issue honestly, there are guys out there and perhaps we already have some.

Look back on the pistons from a decade ago, they really only had Billups, Even the great Spurs only start with Tony, Manu comes off the bench as a secondary playmaker.
                              That's true and a good point, but unless our defense is as good as those Pistons team I would be concerned about being able to only scoring 88 ppg.

Comment

• JWash wrote:
                                We all know this already, this is not new information (and it has already been posted). Nobody here is suggesting he's guaranteed to come to TOronto or that the Raps are even trying to get him, we're just talking about trade theories.
                                And Houston and Toronto make sense for someone who wants to start. And I'm not prepared to assume the Arizona reporter was simply fabricating.

Comment

Working...
                                X