Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he goes .... but I'm not eating any ... doo-doo.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      I heard Prince played varsity ball, maybe the Raps can sign him to a 10-day contract.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
        I heard Prince played varsity ball, maybe the Raps can sign him to a 10-day contract.
        SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Prince was the back up guard on the greatest high school basketball team in Minnesota history. When message boards were still a big deal, I once ended up in a thread where a classmate of his posted a picture of that team. I think there were only 9 or 10 members and they won all but 2 or 3 games in a 2 year stretch. Dude was a LEGIT baller.

He's also incredibly old. I mean, of people young enough to still play who are famous, I would put The Game at the top of my list.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Haha, I remember this on the Chappelle show. Best sketch comedy show after In Living Color. Thanks for the reminder!
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Someone's mind is already set:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Morris can't just quit his job, like most. He can only play this game of "chicken" with the Suns, to get out of what he feels is a toxic situation, where he's been manipulated and betrayed.

There have been entirely speculative reports, lately, that the Suns have no interest in trading him ... and that he might "cool off" as time goes by. So he's doubling down.

And good for him, I say. I've no love for the institution of indentured servitude.

(And I think he'll be a happier and more productive dude, once he gets the hell out of the desert. Too many retirees there, anyway, for such a young man.
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Sep 4, 2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Morris can't just quit his job, like most. He can only play this game of "chicken" with the Suns, to get out of what he feels is a toxic situation, where he's been manipulated and betrayed.

There have been entirely speculative reports, lately, that the Suns have no interest in trading him ... and that he might "cool off" as time goes by. So he's doubling down.

And good for him, I say. I've no love for the institution of indentured servitude.

(And I think he'll be a happier and more productive dude, once he gets the hell out of the desert. Too many retirees there, anyway, for such a young man.
                Yea, this is a really unusual situation. I think the first of its kind in NBA history. I'm not sure if their is a precedent or similar situation as this one that's ever happened.

He's locked into a contract of 4 years with the team however, he can't just spontaneously quit his job, like some of us, even though he has good reason to quit. I'm not exactly sure how he gets out of this situation?

He has gone on record that he would be more than willing to accept not getting paid from the Suns if they don't choose to trade him. I mean that's a pretty bold statement he's made towards the future of his basketball career with the Suns. He seems very strong in his position and is standing behind his words.

I'm confident the Suns wouldn't be willing to waive Morris because they see Morris as a prized asset and would want something of equal value in exchange for a player of Morris' caliber. They are not going to let Morris go for nothing, because he's too valuable of a basketball talent for him to be lost for no return at all.

I don't see why they wouldn't honour his request for being traded? I mean they were going to unload him or trade him if LMA were to join the Suns roster-- although super unlikely from the get go and I still don't understand how the Suns ever believed they stood a shot of getting him is beyond me. They should continue with their original plan of dealing MM since they didn't truly believe in his basketball skill anyways.

Now, it looks like the Suns management are an incredibly deceptive and a disingenuous bunch, primarily of how they do business. You can look back and say the only reason they allowed the Morris twins to sign contractual agreements together was so they could appease the two at the time of the signings and save money for their future salary cap by dealing one and keeping the other. Saving Markieff Morris' contract allows them significant financial flexibility for the future and locks in a quality PF moving forward for their team, while getting rid of the other more expensive contract of Marcus Morris' contract. Although, this might not have been their actual plan, one can look back upon the situation and narrate this alternative backdrop to the events that happened.

However, things have completely backfired for their organization from all angles and the future looks quite dim for them. They're in an unfortunate situation because based on Morris' recent tweet it doesn't seem like he's going to blink first. I'm betting on the Suns organization to throwing in the white flag first given their record for surrendering and giving up in tough situations-- both on court and off court.
                Last edited by BS10; Sat Sep 5, 2015, 12:48 AM.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• He didn't have to sign a long term deal. That was his choice. You want to be able to quit, sign a one year deal every year. I have zero pity for a guy who chose MORE millions of dollars instead of freedom of choice (which would have come along with millions of dollars, just fewer millions).

Meanwhile, be classy. Don't like that the organization screwed you over? Ask for a trade, discreetly. If the season comes around and you are still stuck there, I would understand making a stink. All he's done so far is stupid, scaring off teams that might potentially trade for him.

Reality is he can quit anytime. He can walk away. No one is stopping him. But he wants to play in the NBA, so he has to play by their rules. Don't compare it to indentured servitude. He wants to go be a coach for a high school, or a fitness trainer, or a gym teacher, or any other menial job with the rest of us suckers, he is free to. But if he wants to continue living the dream life of a famous millionaire athlete, then yes, he has to play by the rules that this insane dream world operates by, rules that he knew perfectly well when signing that long term deal.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    He didn't have to sign a long term deal. That was his choice. You want to be able to quit, sign a one year deal every year. I have zero pity for a guy who chose MORE millions of dollars instead of freedom of choice (which would have come along with millions of dollars, just fewer millions).

Meanwhile, be classy. Don't like that the organization screwed you over? Ask for a trade, discreetly. If the season comes around and you are still stuck there, I would understand making a stink. All he's done so far is stupid, scaring off teams that might potentially trade for him.

Reality is he can quit anytime. He can walk away. No one is stopping him. But he wants to play in the NBA, so he has to play by their rules. Don't compare it to indentured servitude. He wants to go be a coach for a high school, or a fitness trainer, or a gym teacher, or any other menial job with the rest of us suckers, he is free to. But if he wants to continue living the dream life of a famous millionaire athlete, then yes, he has to play by the rules that this insane dream world operates by, rules that he knew perfectly well when signing that long term deal.
                    I would gladly work in servitude for 10 years and make $50M than a real job.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      He didn't have to sign a long term deal. That was his choice. You want to be able to quit, sign a one year deal every year. I have zero pity for a guy who chose MORE millions of dollars instead of freedom of choice (which would have come along with millions of dollars, just fewer millions).

I agree with you 1000%, his attitude may be toxic and he does nothing for floor spacing... Yet I still want him in this team. Is that normal?
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Here's the thing - he had the option of "working in servitude" for one year and making millions. No need for term - he chose that.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hard to resist the allure of a potentially very good player right?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If he felt his agreement wasn't honored he could try to sue to void his contract. Can't cost more then losing 8M a season

Comment

• He's still using the tools at his disposal to get out of what he deems a bad situation. He isn't the first to publicly demand a trade. He's not breaking the law here

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, can he not get into trouble for speaking out against this.

I've signed a few contracts in my day but part of those deals usually involved me not disparaging the film or tv show I was working on
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X