No announcement yet.

2015/16 Eastern Conference projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Indiana is getting enough love. Paul George back and added Monte Ellis....

Losing West hurts but not if PG is the 4...
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

I'd replace Boston with Detroit for #8. I think they're going to be the dark horse in the east and steal that spot or higher because SVG finally figures it out and their squad clicks. Jennings + Jackson in the backcourt and Illyasova + Drummond in the frontcourt. They're going to be a nightmare for Cleveland but they won't win. They'll definitely give them a scare though.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        I don't think Indiana is getting enough love. Paul George back and added Monte Ellis....

Losing West hurts but not if PG is the 4...
        Indiana has no front court (Hibbert, West and Scola all gone).

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
          I'd replace Boston with Detroit for #8. I think they're going to be the dark horse in the east and steal that spot or higher because SVG finally figures it out and their squad clicks. Jennings + Jackson in the backcourt and Illyasova + Drummond in the frontcourt. They're going to be a nightmare for Cleveland but they won't win. They'll definitely give them a scare though.
          Honestly, my dark horse is the Hornets. They've got a ton of unique pieces in place, it gonna be intriguing to see how they pan out IMO. But if it clicks, Charlotte could be a 7th or 8th seed.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Honestly, my dark horse is the Hornets. They've got a ton of unique pieces in place, it gonna be intriguing to see how they pan out IMO. But if it clicks, Charlotte could be a 7th or 8th seed.
            Yea its possible for them to sneak in and I can see them doing it but I don't think they match up very well if they face Cleveland int the first round.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Honestly for Toronto.. the goal has to be to get passed the first round.. I don't care if they're first, second or eight.. just need to get to the 2nd round.
              I hear you. If we finish 6th yet get past the first round the season is a success.

Comment

2 years in a row
                + higher seed
                + home court
                = 1st round exit

Projecting 6th most definitely assume another 1st round exit.

Snooch wrote: View Post
                this is true, but is it possible.....

According to ESPN here, I would have to assume no.

Comment

Hornets are gonna suck like they always do;
                  except against the Raptors of course.

Cody73 wrote: View Post

Comment

Lowry is in tip top shape, which will help, but we should really try to preserve him for the playoffs.
                    If Casey runs him into the ground again, WE WILL FAIL IN THE POFFS.
                    Klow is just playing to many useless minutes, we need him 100% in the spring.
                    4-7 seed is about right for the Raptors.
                    Everyone is looking at a 1st round series win, BUT honestly, I don't know WHO are the raps going to beat for that series win IF they don't have home court.

On the other hand, IF EVERYTHING CLICKS , the Raps could also finish 2nd in the East, I'm not sold on Chi or Atl, especially Chicago (they could easily fall in the bottom 4).
                    I think Chitown is in for a bit of a let down.

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    The team we saw in the playoffs had a broken-down Lowry. He alone makes a huge difference. Add some of the best 2-way depth in the league, and it's a vastly different team.

Comment

I'm a big fan of D. Wade, but I'm always shocked when I look at this numbers, they are still ridiculous. PPl always forget how good this dude is when healthy.

Whenever, ppl are getting over hyped about DD, I got back and look at Wade's numbers at an age where he should be below DD and guess what, He's still better than DD after all those years.

But back to your point, I agree with you, Miami is getting way too much credit.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Bosh only played in 44 games last season; Whiteside only 48; McBob only 17; Dragic only 26. Although Wade is a former shell.. he's still quite capable (averaged 21.5ppg, 4.8apg, 3.5rpg in 62 games). They also got a really good draft pick in Winslow dropping to them.

Injuries are what caused Miami to suck last year.. I don't think they'll get that unlucky again.

And personally Milwaukee suffers with MCW at point.. they were better off with Knight.

Comment

Wade was right up there with LeBron at one point. Yeah he's older now and has injury issues, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he's arguably the 2nd best shooting guard in the league when totally healthy.

Don't really think that's a slight on anyone for Wade to be better than them.

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah the Motown gang could surprise as well. Stan VG is a good coach and he has a stopper in the middle with Drummond (unless he is playing JV and JV seems to own both him and Kanter) along with good but not great guards in Jennings/Jackson. Illyasova will help stabilize at PF and hopefully Stanley Johnson works out.. Detroit has a series of meh to below meh drafts for 10 years save for Monroe and Drummond. They drafted K.Middleton but gave up on him and threw him into the Jennings trade.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

I don't give much credence to polls such as these when it comes to the middle of the pack. We tend to have a good concept of the best and a fairly accurate picture of who will be worst, but the middle is messy and guess work. There are always outliers from the top/bottom expectations (like Phoenix from two years ago), but I am still finding sick pleasure in the fact that New York is ranked as the third worst team in the NBA with Denver mildly better at fifth worst.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                              I don't give much credence to polls such as these when it comes to the middle of the pack. We tend to have a good concept of the best and a fairly accurate picture of who will be worst, but the middle is messy and guess work. There are always outliers from the top/bottom expectations (like Phoenix from two years ago), but I am still finding sick pleasure in the fact that New York is ranked as the third worst team in the NBA with Denver mildly better at fifth worst.
                              Sick pleasure indeed.

I am starting to label the reaction to these thoughts as my "Knick-Nugget bulge"

A top 5 pick for Bargnani....can you imagine????

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                "Knick-Nugget bulge"

this is brilliant...downright theadian if I may
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X