Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    AB gets a chance to learn from Scola and 2Pats. In a way he is a combination of both
    Last year, I agree. This year he dropped some pounds, so I'd say he's more like a combination of Scola and Lowry.

Comment

• I hope there is enough money for him and Roberts. That way Anthony can go to the 905s and start all year. Spend a year getting his shit together. Consistent reps, game time. I hope that he signs a two year deal not a one year deal.

Comment

• The basketball god's have given us Bennet because we screwed up on not signing Hassan Whiteside last season.

Lets hope Bennet like Whiteside will prove everyone wrong.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Also, what about this buy-out - did him and his agent give up some money to get Flip to fire him with a huge severance? Will we ever know the answer to that?
          Pretty sure he took $3.8M of his $5.8M to walk; so his freedom cost $2M.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Am I the only one that feels AB will not see any time in the D-league. The people talking about him spending the year there or long chunks of time are basing this off of what exactly?

His first two years he was never healthy or in shape. He has corrected both those issues this summer and performed very well at a competition level higher than the D-league. I think Paterson should be worried about his minutes! Not Ronald Roberts.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              Am I the only one that feels AB will not see any time in the D-league. The people talking about him spending the year there or long chunks of time are basing this off of what exactly?

His first two years he was never healthy or in shape. He has corrected both those issues this summer and performed very well at a competition level higher than the D-league. I think Paterson should be worried about his minutes! Not Ronald Roberts.
              i am not saying roberts should be worried about his minutes. i am using him as an example of the 15th man, which bennet would be fighting for. personally i would much rather bennet getting 20+ minutes a game for the 905, while building confidence than have him at the end of the bench.

i call bullshit on peterson having to worry about this scrub taking his minutes. if one gm with the money thought he could take time from an incumbent starter they pay him the 5.8 million and take his rights.

bennet is garbage who has to earn shit. i said that if bennets' minimum deal and roberts, again example, together don't put the team into the tax i would keep roberts on the nba squad and let bennet develop with our other young players.

Comment

• "i call bullshit on peterson having to worry about this scrub taking his minutes. if one gm with the money thought he could take time from an incumbent starter they pay him the 5.8 million and take his "

I think Morris PETERSON doesn't need to worry about his minutes

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i am not saying roberts should be worried about his minutes. i am using him as an example of the 15th man, which bennet would be fighting for. personally i would much rather bennet getting 20+ minutes a game for the 905, while building confidence than have him at the end of the bench.

i call bullshit on peterson having to worry about this scrub taking his minutes. if one gm with the money thought he could take time from an incumbent starter they pay him the 5.8 million and take his rights.

bennet is garbage who has to earn shit. i said that if bennets' minimum deal and roberts, again example, together don't put the team into the tax i would keep roberts on the nba squad and let bennet develop with our other young players.
                  To call Bennett a scrub and garbage is a bit premature, he has never been given minutes no has he been fully healthy. If he comes in mentally and physically ready to compete I am sure he will be pushing a guy like Patterson for playing time. I like Patrick but the guy tends to play soft and Bennett could bring a different look to the floor. I don't think AB accepts a deal with Toronto where their plan for him is to go to the 905. I am not saying he will beat anyone out, but he has a legit shot to push, and potentially replace a rotation player.

8 points and 5 rebounds in 26 per is not hard to challenge. Paterson is a better shooter, but you need to do more than just shoot.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Am I the only one that feels AB will not see any time in the D-league. The people talking about him spending the year there or long chunks of time are basing this off of what exactly?

Patterson and scola are much better, and more importantly proven, NBA players than Bennett.

The people talking about him playing in the DLeague are recognizing his need to play above all else.

Comment

To call Bennett a scrub and garbage is a bit premature, he has never been given minutes no has he been fully healthy. If he comes in mentally and physically ready to compete I am sure he will be pushing a guy like Patterson for playing time. I like Patrick but the guy tends to play soft and Bennett could bring a different look to the floor. I don't think AB accepts a deal with Toronto where their plan for him is to go to the 905. I am not saying he will beat anyone out, but he has a legit shot to push, and potentially replace a rotation player.

8 points and 5 rebounds in 26 per is not hard to challenge. Paterson is a better shooter, but you need to do more than just shoot.
                      Patterson is a role player who does it wonderfully. His simple stats don't impress but his advanced most certainly do.

Bennett is the equivalent of hot garbage right now. A #1 pick just 2 seasons ago couldn't be GIVEN away this summer. Then 4 teams wouldn't waste cap space or TPE to claim him. Now he is signing for minimum.

If he plays much better, and I hope he does, expectations can certainly change. But right now the guy has shown nothing to suggest he can be more than a Brandon Bass type player at best.

Comment

• We REALLY should avoid calling him or any future raptor "AB" for very obvious reasons.... No one deserves that comparison...
                        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Patterson is a role player who does it wonderfully. His simple stats don't impress but his advanced most certainly do.

Bennett is the equivalent of hot garbage right now. A #1 pick just 2 seasons ago couldn't be GIVEN away this summer. Then 4 teams wouldn't waste cap space or TPE to claim him. Now he is signing for minimum.

If he plays much better, and I hope he does, expectations can certainly change. But right now the guy has shown nothing to suggest he can be more than a Brandon Bass type player at best.
                          Bennett has 109 games of NBA experience, he does not need to dominate the the D-league. I am not saying he will surpass (or equal) Patterson, but I would not be surprised if he does and makes him expendable.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Roberts is not likely to make this team with Bennett being added. Having a D league affiliate is not a tool for stashing extra roster players. 15 is the max for opening day of the regular season.

Comment

• Everybody keeps saying there's no downside, but I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not for the Raps, but for Bennett. The biggest thing AB lacks is BBIQ, which affects his confidence. And teaching BBIQ, good decision making and playing the right way, doesn't seem to be a major strength of the current coaching staff. AB could actually get worse (or stay the same) and wash out of the league quickly, while getting embarrassed in front of his family and friends. Hoping for the best, obviously (LJ? come on, people), but not expecting much.

Comment

• Rubbishstyle wrote: View Post
                                "i call bullshit on peterson having to worry about this scrub taking his minutes. if one gm with the money thought he could take time from an incumbent starter they pay him the 5.8 million and take his "

I think Morris PETERSON doesn't need to worry about his minutes
                                patterson, ha

Comment

Working...
                                X