Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    I guess none since buyouts came about only with the most recent CBA.

Still my vote as the worst ever 1st overall pick goes to Greg Oden.
    What? Buyouts have been around for a few decades.

The reason it's never happened is because it is mindbogglingly stupid to do this. With almost any rookie scale guy. Let alone a prior first overall pick. No idea what the Wolves are thinking.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd obviously be open to signing him for the minimum, and I think there's at least a slight possibility of it happening - someone could claim him but there's a chance no one wants to have that salary sitting there in 2016 on the off chance they decide they need the cap room.

That said I also have a hard time envisioning him agreeing to a multi year deal at the minimum. Definitely not one with a team option. I think it would be a one year deal at the minimum no matter where he signs (if he clears, of course).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        What? Buyouts have been around for a few decades.

The reason it's never happened is because it is mindbogglingly stupid to do this. With almost any rookie scale guy. Let alone a prior first overall pick. No idea what the Wolves are thinking.
        I didn't think buyouts were around prior to 2011 but I think I am interchangeably using buyout and amnesty as the same thing. Can you find a couple of examples ? I just can't think of one. I thought the owners fought for that option to manage their mistakes inside the last CBA. Just can't think of anyone who got bought out or stretched or whatever prior to that....
        It is pretty curious why Minny wants out from underneath this deal unless they just have to many young bigs up front now that Bennett won't see the floor. Still you would think they would be able to get a trade done to get some salvage value for him. Then again its not their pick..

Edit... Doesn't Bennett become a UFA if he is bought out ?
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 21, 2015, 08:08 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Heard something about the wolves need to cut someone because they have 16 people on their roster.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I disagree completely. Oden, if not for his injuries would've been up there w/ Howard as the best C in the game. When healthy he's a beast. Not his fault that he's injured a lot.
            OK.. no problem... For me its Oden.. He never played (well what 60-80 games maybe) and what compounds the error is the guy who went right after him was a transcendant player ... Kevin Durant...

Bennett went 1 and after him went a very serviceable but not great Victor Olidipo.. then Otto Porter .. then Cody Zeller then Alex Len... Hardly worth losing sleep over.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              OK.. no problem... For me its Oden.. He never played (well what 60-80 games maybe) and what compounds the error is the guy who went right after him was a transcendant player ... Kevin Durant...

Bennett went 1 and after him went a very serviceable but not great Victor Olidipo.. then Otto Porter .. then Cody Zeller then Alex Len... Hardly worth losing sleep over.
              I say Olowokandi is the worst ever #1. Oden at least could have been good if not for injuries - Kandi was just flat-out terrible.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                I say Olowokandi is the worst ever #1. Oden at least could have been good if not for injuries - Kandi was just flat-out terrible.
                Kandiman actually had a much better career - scored about 5X the points that Oden did.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Kandiman actually had a much better career - scored about 5X the points that Oden did.
                  I meant in terms of actual skill, apart from production.

I just looked at his stats on B-Ball ref. I'm surprised how decent his raw stats are, but his advanced stats are brutal, which is more in line with what I remember.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Its no about whos better in a vaccum (although i believe bb is better than ab) its about who can play their role best. We need defense and rebounding and bismack is much better for that than ab. Also wont bismack play a lot more centre than pf?
                    According to Wikipedia he's smaller than Scola, Pat Pat and JJ. I've always considered him a PF.

Comment

• bennet is garbage. needs to go to europe and play with the jump shooters. i love that this is happening, not to the person although i think he will get most of his money anyway, but to the people who a couple weeks ago wanted to send a future late first out for him. "do they know something we don't" haha. everyone knows but some refuse to believe.

i hope he can turn his career around. he might get picked up by philly or i could see masai getting him. the minimum deal mchappy proposed would be good for us but means he basically has the spot because roberts can be dropped for free.

Comment

• I know I am not going to make any friends with this, but Bennett will be a solid NBA player. I predict a late bloom
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          According to Wikipedia he's smaller than Scola, Pat Pat and JJ. I've always considered him a PF.
                          You'd be one of the few then. Standing reach of almost 9'3.5. Has played the vast majority of his NBA minutes at the 5.

Who did you think was going to be our backup 5? Bebe? Scola?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I know I am not going to make any friends with this, but Bennett will be a solid NBA player. I predict a late bloom
                            I'd tend to agree. Those shoulders gotta be good for something.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              I know I am not going to make any friends with this, but Bennett will be a solid NBA player. I predict a late bloom
                              If the decision is to pick him up for essentially minimum wage by NBA standards I just don't see any downside risk in that move. If he can't play so what...he is your 15th guy.... and you would have paid that money to someone anyway.
                              If he finds himself later in his carreer like Demarre Carroll did then someone is going to look pretty smart. Queue Bob Marley and the redemption song as he walks onto the court.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 21, 2015, 09:31 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                You'd be one of the few then. Standing reach of almost 9'3.5. Has played the vast majority of his NBA minutes at the 5.

Who did you think was going to be our backup 5? Bebe? Scola?
                                If Bebe can't beat Bismack for a spot, they need to trade him. Not the only person who thinks that. If you listen to the RR podcasts that sentiment is shared by those guys as well. Bismack just isn't a good player. If you watched more than 5 Bob/Hornets games the past 2 years you would recognize that.

There's a reason that he was available.

Comment

Working...
                                X