Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    If Bebe can't beat Bismack for a spot, they need to trade him. Not the only person who thinks that. If you listen to the RR podcasts that sentiment is shared by those guys as well. Bismack just isn't a good player. If you watched more than 5 Bob/Hornets games the past 2 years you would recognize that.

There's a reason that he was available.
    i read reports, with supporting numbers, that suggested he does a number of things well. Here's one:

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/5/23/8...ismack-biyombo
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 21, 2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      i read reports, with supporting numbers, that suggested he does a number of things well. Here's one:

But you didn't watch the games.

There are articles that say that Greivis is going to improve the Bucks. Articles that still see Bargnani as a potential leader for the Nets, but you've seen both play and can see beyond the numbers. How is this any different?

Comment

I won't mind if I'm wrong about this, but Biyombo does a couple of things really well and is pretty bad at everything else. He's very limited.

Maybe his game grows - he is young, but rather than hoping for that I'm just hoping the Raps use him in limited doses and take full advantage of his strengths.

I didn't love that article you linked to. Extrapolating stats from a guy with such limited usage and comparing him to league leaders just doesn't work.

I see more Jamario Moon than Deandre Jordan in this guy.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          I didn't think buyouts were around prior to 2011 but I think I am interchangeably using buyout and amnesty as the same thing. Can you find a couple of examples ? I just can't think of one. I thought the owners fought for that option to manage their mistakes inside the last CBA. Just can't think of anyone who got bought out or stretched or whatever prior to that....
          It is pretty curious why Minny wants out from underneath this deal unless they just have to many young bigs up front now that Bennett won't see the floor. Still you would think they would be able to get a trade done to get some salvage value for him. Then again its not their pick..

Edit... Doesn't Bennett become a UFA if he is bought out ?
          That's the amnesty clause. Buyouts are completely different. And have been around forever. Examples? From 6+ years ago? I'd have to do some research, but I can assure you there are dozens of examples. One Raptors example from a season before the lockout: Peja Stojakovic.

Yes, if he clears waivers he is a UFA. If he gets claimed, his current contract is transferred to his new team.

Minny's just being moronic. There is no reason why this would make any sense for them. Could be an agent favour or something, but that's a big favour.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• There are some other terrible 1st overalls. LaRue Martin was drafted first overall in '72 ahead of Dr.J and Bob McAdoo. The guy only lasted four years in the NBA, never started, averaged about 5 ppg and 5 rpg and peaked during his best year at 17 mpg.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If Bebe can't beat Bismack for a spot, they need to trade him. Not the only person who thinks that. If you listen to the RR podcasts that sentiment is shared by those guys as well. Bismack just isn't a good player. If you watched more than 5 Bob/Hornets games the past 2 years you would recognize that.

There's a reason that he was available.
              Sure, and the reason is that the Bobcats didn't want to pay his relatively high QO when the fit with Jefferson wasn't there.

What's with you and giving up on 2nd year players?

Comment

There are articles that say that Greivis is going to improve the Bucks. Articles that still see Bargnani as a potential leader for the Nets, but you've seen both play and can see beyond the numbers. How is this any different?
                I call bullshit on the Bargnani helping the Nets articles
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Bennett is a scrub end of story

He can't defend, He can't shoot, He has zero basketball IQ.

But teams and they're fans will continue to believe in him and give him chance after chance after chance just because where he was drafted. If Bennett was a 20th overall pick he'd be in Europe right now.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• He's going to be a superstar on the Raptors!!!!!...

...Raptors 905

Comment

• If he signs for the min. throw him aboard because we don't have the cap to sign him for 5.4 mill.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

There are writers who think we may have gotten one of the true "steals" of the FA period in Biyombo. But "yes", you may be right. No question. Really.

I like what I hear about him as a person, though. And "no" not just because he's loveable. Rather, it seems as if he, himself, is prepared to take a step back from his draft hype and do whatever is necessary, take whatever role, to make the most of himself. That and his build and athleticism, and a little patience, on the cheap, might portend good things.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          I know I am not going to make any friends with this, but Bennett will be a solid NBA player. I predict a late bloom
                          There are a number of posters on RealCavFans who also believe that. In his only season with the Cavs, AB looked totally out of shape, lost on the court the majority of the time, but he also made a few plays that most players cannot make. He did not look to be a fast learner.

I hope he ends up on a bad team that is willing to give him 15 to 20 minutes a game. Too many question marks left unanswered for not someone to take a flyer on him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            They need to spend salary to meet the floor.

Money isn't the issue.
                            The Sixers aren't going to claim him because the contract situation makes no sense to pick him up. Whoever has Bennett's current contract has to decide, per the CBA, to guarantee his next two years after this one or not ($16m over two years); if they don't guarantee, then he becomes a free agent at the end of next year, except that the team that didn't guarantee him can't offer more than what he would have made had they guaranteed him!

So the team that has his current contract has the choice of either guaranteeing the back end of his contract (and risking that he never produces and becomes a white elephant contract), or not guaranteeing him (and risking that he plays well for your team - and then signs elsewhere because you aren't allowed to match other teams' generous offers).

It's a lousy set of options. On top of that, Philly has at least three young bigs who need plenty of burn this year (Noel, Okafor and Furkan Aldemir) plus Richuan Holmes who probably deserves some, plus Joel Embiid if he comes back midseason. There's simply no minutes for Philly to give him, so why do they claim off waivers, exactly? Because Bennett isn't a trade asset. If he were, Minnesota would have traded him rather than buy him out.

Comment

• Very interesting. So if he does clear waivers, what's the minimum he can be signed for, do you know?

Being Canadian, and having brought CoJo here, maybe we've got something of an inside track - even if he has to spend some time in the D-League. Hmm ...
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Sep 22, 2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Very interesting. So if he does clear waivers, what's the minimum he can be signed for, do you know?
                                If he clears waivers, he can be signed to a standard contract - so the league minimum. He's a third-year player, so: $948,163. That's the absolute minimum we could pay him.

Being Canadian, and having brought CoJo here, maybe we've got something of an inside track - even if he has to spend some time in the D-League. Hmm ...
                                Both Cathal Kelly and Eric Koreen have said that they think the Raps will sign Bennett if they get the chance. I think there's good odds they'll get that chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X