• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post

Goodman is usually pretty reliable. Wow
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      It's really a no lose "gamble". Raps don't need him to contribute and he could spend a lot of time in the dleague. Not to mention he showed glimpses of being a contributor while playing for team Canada. Maybe the familiarity he's had playing with Cojo could help him along.

But like I said it's a completely no lose gamble, and any time you can get a #1 overall pick for dirt cheap it's probably worth the effort.
      Well, exactly what I had in mind, vs. having guys like Ronald Roberts, and Michael Kyser... No offence. Bennett is definitely someone I'd take a look at, but it just seems the vibe surrounding him is that he needs to see time on the floor. Well, the vibe I get from people I've spoken too.

Bennett seems like he can contribute, especially with Casey's desires to play small ball. I'd say he's a poor-mans Draymond Green.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Really interesting to see if there is a multi-year, or player option, or non-guarantee of just a straight up one year minimum deal if Bennett indeed signs with the Raptors.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If Bennett is agreeable to suiting up for 905, bring him on!

He needs to play.

Just not going to happen in toronto with PP and Scola healthy.

Comment

Popanikalosushskwbsjakrnnrj was just waived. He's someone I'd rather have the raptors go after.

Just imagine the interview between George Snuffaluffagus and Popaniklishdhsjahdhsjshsbsjsksbdbdjwuehrbioeuwjjaa bsv
            Papa is not that bad. Could add some depth at small forward position. Very unselfish, a decent passer, plays smart.
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• It would have to be a minimum deal.. Raptors are above the cap. If its more than a year, hopefully it has team options.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                If Bennett is agreeable to suiting up for 905, bring him on!

He needs to play.

Just not going to happen in toronto with PP and Scola healthy.
                Could definitely find his way into some 3/4, considering any line-up versatility Casey decides to play with.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  Could definitely find his way into some 3/4, considering any line-up versatility Casey decides to play with.
                  Because Bennett is a better player than JJ?

Comment

• LOL!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                      Papa is not that bad. Could add some depth at small forward position. Very unselfish, a decent passer, plays smart.
                      Oh I agree. I love poppa, I think he'd bring more value this year than Bennett. He just has a funny last name, like most Greek people. Is that racist?
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Oh ya!!! Raps, front runners in getting AB.

Read below:
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...212337844.html

Snippet:
                        Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, passed through waivers without a claim on Friday and will become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Toronto Raptors are a strong frontrunner to sign Bennett, a native of the city, to a deal, league sources said.

Bennett's reps pushed for a buyout with Minnesota and tried to dissuade teams from claiming him on waivers, league sources said. His agents had a destination in mind for Bennett, league sources said.

Minnesota negotiated a contract buyout with Bennett this week, after both the organization and player believed that he had little future within the Wolves' deep frontcourt.

Philadelphia and Portland had the salary cap space to claim Bennett and his $5.8 million salary, but passed on him. Utah could've waived a non-guaranteed deal to make the additional $600,000 in salary cap space needed, and Cleveland – who drafted him No. 1 in 2013 – could've used a trade exception to absorb Bennett.

All passed, allowing Bennett to become a free agent.

Minnesota acquired Bennett as part of the Kevin Love deal that brought the Wolves 2014 No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins.

Bennett, 22, has struggled with weight and health as an NBA player, but did show progress playing for the Canadian National team this summer in international competitions. A a 6-foot-8 forward, he was an unlikely No. 1 overall pick who had almost no chance to live up to that burden.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          LOL!

Roasted

Comment

Oh I agree. I love poppa, I think he'd bring more value this year than Bennett. He just has a funny last name, like most Greek people. Is that racist?
                            I don't think so, that's why I call him Papa Btw, does that mean that Roberts would be waived? hoopshype says he signed a two year deal with Raps.
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                              I don't think so, that's why I call him Papa Btw, does that mean that Roberts would be waived? hoopshype says he signed a two year deal with Raps.
                              I think Roberts is only partially guaranteed. He just has a bigger part guaranteed than everyone else I believe.

If we can pick up Bennett that would be awesome.

He's pretty much like a senior coming from school. Where would he be drafted in this years draft knowing what we know about him? Late first round? Could be Masai sees this as his third first round pick of the year

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Because Bennett is a better player than JJ?
                                No, only saying possibilities cause he's a tweener. Don't forget either that JJ didn't get time last season; can't necessarily rule out the possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X