Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Bennett could be a good place for Toronto IF:

1) a legit, much better than average starting PF was on the roster (read: Horford, Al)
    2) Patterson was traded.

Reasoning:

This up coming season, Scola is there to man the backup PF spot.
    Bennett could get lots of playing time in 905 - and playing time is what he needs.
    After this season, Bennett could be back up PF assuming he gets his shit together.

Also with Wright, Powell, Bruno, Bennett, and Bebe, Raps don't really need another draft pick (outside of Knicks/Nuggs). They have 3 firsts they could dangle IF Horford actually was on the block. Sadly known of thsoe picks have the appeal of the Brooklyn picks Boston has at their disposal.

Be interesting what happens.

But I'd be surprised if Masai was interested. His WS/48 is, putting it nicely, about as low as one can get. However, if the belief is his college glory can be rediscovered, he did put up an impressive .240 WS/40.

Comment

• Forget all the numbers the guy can play. Its all upstairs with him. I really like AB and want him here but, he reminds me of another AB that played for the raptors.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MU should go after the kid NOW.

Comment

• so its been 2 days...has his waiver period finished and is he free agent!?

Also I know he's a bust so far and never should have been a #1 pick but he was a consensus top 10 so looking back at the top 10 from 2013....wow was it a weak class! name 3 players from it you would consider a true "franchise" player. Nerlens Noel is the only one that stands out as a future franchise player that you would build around, maybe Oladpio as well but I can't pick a 3rd.

1. Anthony Bennett
          2. Victor Oladpio
          3. Otto Porter
          4. Cody Zeller
          5. Alex Len
          6. Nerlens Noel
          7. Ben McLemore
          8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
          9. Trey Burke
          10. CJ McCollum
          11. Michael Carter-Williams

*not including the full 1st round, just the range he was expected to go in.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
            so its been 2 days...has his waiver period finished and is he free agent!?

Also I know he's a bust so far and never should have been a #1 pick but he was a consensus top 10 so looking back at the top 10 from 2013....wow was it a weak class! name 3 players from it you would consider a true "franchise" player. Nerlens Noel is the only one that stands out as a future franchise player that you would build around, maybe Oladpio as well but I can't pick a 3rd.

1. Anthony Bennett
            2. Victor Oladpio
            3. Otto Porter
            4. Cody Zeller
            5. Alex Len
            6. Nerlens Noel
            7. Ben McLemore
            8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
            9. Trey Burke
            10. CJ McCollum
            11. Michael Carter-Williams

*not including the full 1st round, just the range he was expected to go in.
            Worst draft class ever?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ESPN sources say Toronto will indeed consider Anthony Bennett if he does clear waivers but Raps' crowded frontcourt makes signing him tricky

Marc Stein via twitter
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Things are getting interesting again:

And… most importantly

It looks like we might get him
                Last edited by BS10; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 05:00 PM.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  Things are getting interesting again:

And…

Scola, Patterson, JV, Biyombo. I think I would take a crack at him as the 5th big, however that's an expensive price. I thought we could sign him for the minimum?
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                    Scola, Patterson, JV, Biyombo. I think I would take a crack at him as the 5th big, however that's an expensive price. I thought we could sign him for the minimum?
                    I believe you can. You just have to pay that if you make a claim. Now he is a free agent who can sign for as much (or as little) as he can get.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      Yea, once he clears the waivers. No one is interested in picking up his contract right now because he hasn't been cleared.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I believe you can. You just have to pay that if you make a claim. Now he is a free agent who can sign for as much (or as little) as he can get.
                        BS10 wrote: View Post
                        Yea, once he clears the waivers. No one is interested in picking up his contract right now because he hasn't been cleared.
                        Right, right. looks like he just did, too.

Let's say, hypothetically, signs with the Raptors, does he truly have a position/place on this team in the long-run?
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• It's really a no lose "gamble". Raps don't need him to contribute and he could spend a lot of time in the dleague. Not to mention he showed glimpses of being a contributor while playing for team Canada. Maybe the familiarity he's had playing with Cojo could help him along.

But like I said it's a completely no lose gamble, and any time you can get a #1 overall pick for dirt cheap it's probably worth the effort.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Popanikalosushskwbsjakrnnrj was just waived. He's someone I'd rather have the raptors go after.

Just imagine the interview between George Snuffaluffagus and Popaniklishdhsjahdhsjshsbsjsksbdbdjwuehrbioeuwjjaa bsv
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X