No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn, Coon's wording left a loop hole but the CBA itself is more clear. Bennett will be unrestricted.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Darn, Coon's wording left a loop hole but the CBA itself is more clear. Bennett will be unrestricted.
      That would follow. He signed here as an unrestricted FA. It would be hard to see how he would lose that designation as this contract expires. After all he paid for it to the tune of close to 2M$.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 09:05 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        He won't see the floor under DC so unless he is willing to go to Dleague for development he will be this year's Greg Stiemsma. Yes low risk but do most posters really believe he can develop under DC?
        Stiemsma really?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Honestly, I think he's the 4th most talented big on the roster after JV, PPat, and Scola. If Casey wants to go small Bennett played a lot of Center in FIBA this summer. Wouldn't be shocked to see him above Biyombo and Bebe on the depth chart by the time the season starts.
          i think biyombo has the rebounding and defense edge on bennet. i can see him battling with bebe.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            That would follow. He signed here as an unrestricted FA. It would be hard to see how he would lose that designation as this contract expires. After all he paid for it to the tune of close to 2M$.
            I agree, though logic doesn't always apply in CBA matters.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bennett main problem according to Minnesota fans is that he doesn't play hard. He fades in and out of games similar to a current raptors Tross
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Bennett main problem according to Minnesota fans is that he doesn't play hard. He fades in and out of games similar to a current raptors Tross
                You mean like ... one has to fade in and out of some of these discussions?

Comment

• I actually noticed him fading in and out during the Mexico tournament. I was screaming at my TV to bench the lazy asshole
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    I actually noticed him fading in and out during the Mexico tournament. I was screaming at my TV to bench the lazy asshole
                    I didn't get to watch much. Is that it, then? Is it primarily motivational? Do you think you can offer an assessment of where he might stand, skill-wise, Thead?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      I didn't get to watch much. Is that it, then? Is it primarily motivational? Do you think you can offer an assessment of where he might stand, skill-wise, Thead?
                      he screens hard, he dunks hard, he can shoot out to 20ft (could be extended). he can rebound very well when motivated. I just noticed a few games towards the end of the Mexico tournament, he appeared to be dragging his ass, keeping his hands down. He just looked like he wasn't engaged.

I think Terrence Ross is a very apt comparison. All the talent in the world but something between the ears needs to change
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I actually noticed him fading in and out during the Mexico tournament. I was screaming at my TV to bench the lazy asshole
                        agree, he definitely would disappear over stretches during games.

But when he's dialed in (Pan Am semi-final against the USA), he's pretty good. His jumper looks really smooth and he dunks like a mad man.

Comment

he screens hard, he dunks hard, he can shoot out to 20ft (could be extended). he can rebound very well when motivated. I just noticed a few games towards the end of the Mexico tournament, he appeared to be dragging his ass, keeping his hands down. He just looked like he wasn't engaged.

I think Terrence Ross is a very apt comparison. All the talent in the world but something between the ears needs to change
                          Thanks. I wonder if it's more accurate to characterize what he's done, then, as regards arranging a buy-out, as "tucking his tail and running (home)" or "re-committing to his own development/regaining his passion".

Does Bennett have the notorious "it" factor?

Guess only time will tell ... But I thnk he's been decisive ... I think that says something ...
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Did not realize that Bennett has asthma!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/2...hing-cavaliers

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              Thanks. I wonder if it's more accurate to characterize what he's done, then, as regards arranging a buy-out, as "tucking his tail and running (home) or "re-committing to his own development/regaining his passion".

Does Bennett have the notorious "it" factor?

Guess only time will tell ...

bit if both i would say. he needs reps, he wasn't going to get them in minnesota another year of wasted development and more "all time bust" talk everywhere he goes. gives up 2 million, signs a one year deal where he can have not only team support but family support. somewhere where everyone has his best interests in mind. he has to show something this year that he belongs in this league or find a new job. if he is able then giving up that 2 million can easily be recouped later in his career, where wasting another year and ruining more of his reputation might destroy his career all together.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                bit if both i would say. he needs reps, he wasn't going to get them in minnesota another year of wasted development and more "all time bust" talk everywhere he goes. gives up 2 million, signs a one year deal where he can have not only team support but family support. somewhere where everyone has his best interests in mind. he has to show something this year that he belongs in this league or find a new job. if he is able then giving up that 2 million can easily be recouped later in his career, where wasting another year and ruining more of his reputation might destroy his career all together.
                                Yes. I edited my post (above) to add that I think it's fair to say that he's been decisive, at least. That's something. It may mean everything, ultimately. We have to pull for this kid, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X