(1) Net Production = Net On-Court Production minus Net Off-Court Production

Leaders in Net On Court Production (2)
    --------------------------------------------
    Johnson + 2.5
    Belinelli + 2.3
    Weems + 0.6
    Bosh + 0.2
    Everyone else is negative

(2) Net On-Court Production = Raptors points scored per 100 possessions while a player was on the court minus Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions while the player was on the court.

Leaders in Net Off Court Production (3)
    --------------------------------------------
    Bosh -5.8
    Johnson - 4.6
    Belinelli - 3.6
    Weems - 3.3
    Calderon -1.7
    Jack - 1.6
    Everyone else is positive

(3) Net Off-Court Production = Raptors points scored per 100 possessions while a player was off the court minus Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions while the player was off the court. The more negative means that the Raptors were more negatively impacted when that player was off the court.

One other point of note: Only when Johnson was on the court did the Raptors have an effective field goal percentage allowed of under 50%. In addition, when Johnson was on the court the Raptors effective field goal percentage allowed was 5.1% lower than when he was off the court.

In case you think that this was a fluke, the prior two years in Detroit the Pistons effective field goal percentages allowed were 4.1% and 5.9% lower while Johnson was the court vs when Johnson was off the court.

So over the last three seasons when Johnson was on the court opposing teams field goal percentage has averaged 5% lower than when he was off the court.

http://nba-25-15.blogspot.com/2010/0...1452-2503.html
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Apr 17, 2010, 09:13 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

None of that is really surprising, and it backs up why I continually defend guys like Calderon and Belinelli and why I also constantly bash Bargnani. What I see on the court translates to these numbers.

While I don't know if Johnson is ready to step into a starting role, he's certainly someone the Raptors should keep.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
      None of that is really surprising, and it backs up why I continually defend guys like Calderon and Belinelli and why I also constantly bash Bargnani. What I see on the court translates to these numbers.

While I don't know if Johnson is ready to step into a starting role, he's certainly someone the Raptors should keep.
      I agree with you on all counts. One blogger commented that Johnson could maybe start on a lottery team but not a good team. There may be some merit in that. It is one thing to go from being a bench player who gets inconsistent minutes which Johnson was up until this season to the first big off of the bench. It is entirely another thing to go from being the first big off of the bench to a starter.

I think at this point Johnson can be compared to The Bird Man and Varejao in what he means to the team that he plays on and how he plays. Certainly both of those guys are key people in the success of two teams that could meet in this year's Finals.

So I guess what I am saying is that Duffy, Johnson's agent, and Johnson will have to decide this summer if he would rather play a key role coming off of the bench for a solid playoff team or possibly starting for a lottery team. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets. I just wish his offense were a little further along as it would make it a little easier to pick and chose from possible offers.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
      X