Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distorsun wrote: View Post
    This has been settled already . ENOUGH aleready about TRoss.
    Ross = back up for a few years and then out of the league
    CoJo = Back up PG for life (HE IS NOT A STARTER)
    Bebe = ?? 7 footer with hands are very very rare
    Bruno = we'll have a better idea after next year (right now, ceiling is maybe 2nd unit with very little usage)
    Delon and Powell = bench warmers until they fire Casey's hick ass.
    This is silly, in my opinion.

Reality is none of us knows what is going to happen to these guys.

Guys like Lance Stephenson and Reggie Jackson were 3rd stringers/sitting on bench for a couple of years before developing, given opportunity, and succeeding.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
      Well aware that they are PGs. A backup PG in Vasquez should not be getting nearly as many minutes of possession per game (4.7) as arguably the best PG in the league in Curry (5.1). That tells you the ball did not move well on our team in general, so trying to lump all the poor ball movement issues on DeMar's back while not even acknowledging a huge systematic issue is kind of out of line.
      I never put it "entirely" on Demar at all, merely said he was part of the problem, especially since GV is no longer here. This is just a typical Jwash bullshit post in which you will play a spin doctor in an attempt to both deflect/discredit and flame/troll the poster.

Should GV and Lowry get more touches than GS...no of course not...our offense sucks, but it is the only way we can maximize our "star" players attributes. That has been discussed far to much and I am not going into that shit again, but that is truth, spoken from everyones mouths with the exception of a few diehard fans of his.

He is given tons of opportunites per game, that is the system that maximizes his only redeeming qualities, you cannot blame that on onyone other than him, cause without that system, he would be Ross out there.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        This is silly, in my opinion.

Reality is none of us knows what is going to happen to these guys.

Guys like Lance Stephenson and Reggie Jackson were 3rd stringers/sitting on bench for a couple of years before developing, given opportunity, and succeeding.
        Cojo would be far from the first backup to move to a new team (bigger role) and explode on to the scene.

Bruno/Bebe are both really rookies based on the MP to date.

Way too early to write any of those guys off or peg them into certain roles.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Cojo would be far from the first backup to move to a new team (bigger role) and explode on to the scene.

It's way too early to make a judgment on the rookies cause they haven't played a game and for Bruno because he hasn't played any meaningful minutes. Bebe, well, he's been with two organizations and can't get on the floor. I guess we'll know more after this season but his pedigree certainly suggests he's almost certainly a very limited player.

With Ross, I don't think it's premature to make judgments. This isn't a case of a guy who has been playing 10 MPG and is being moved into a more prominent role. He has played here for 3 seasons, over 200 games, and started over 120 games. Even in his rookie year he was playing ~18 MPG. His per36 numbers are virtually identical year over year. I wouldn't expect any material improvements at this point.

Comment

DeMar is "cocky", now??? Smfh. When has DeMar been "cocky"? He doesn't do nothing off the court but be a father, doesn't spend money unwisely, never claimed this was " his team", it was the upper office that put it on his lap, he works on his weaknesses in the off-season, comes to camp ready, and is known around the NBA as a humble dude. Where does the cocky part come in? What, when he throws the Compton stacks up, after making a clutch shot? Lmao. Then, everyone in the NBA, past and present, are cocky. What is Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Westbrook, Cousins, Garnett, Pierce, Wall, Vasquez, etc. What are those guys, since DD's cocky? Lol. People shit on their own players, too much, in this "fanbase". Then talk ish when these players leave an ungrateful fanbase. Smh
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              This is in line with my MLSE/Toronto Media theory.

They keep pitching guys to be the next "name your superstar" and everyone starts to believe that. Then when they don't become a superstar the player is a lazy, overpaid piece of crap. In reality, he's a solid player that had expectations placed on him that he'd never live up to.

My favorite example is Phaneuf. He's not a captain, he's not a $7million defenseman and he's not a #1 defenseman. BUT he's a fantastic 2nd or 3rd defenseman on a championship team. And everyone can use one of those. Toronto fans now can't see that and think he's the worst D-man in the league because he hasn't lived up to the expectations that were placed on him.
              And, THIS is what I mean. Great point.
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                It's way too early to make a judgment on the rookies cause they haven't played a game and for Bruno because he hasn't played any meaningful minutes. Bebe, well, he's been with two organizations and can't get on the floor. I guess we'll know more after this season but his pedigree certainly suggests he's almost certainly a very limited player.

With Ross, I don't think it's premature to make judgments. This isn't a case of a guy who has been playing 10 MPG and is being moved into a more prominent role. He has played here for 3 seasons, over 200 games, and started over 120 games. Even in his rookie year he was playing ~18 MPG. His per36 numbers are virtually identical year over year. I wouldn't expect any material improvements at this point.
                Bebe was never on the Hawks roster, was he? He played and was successful in Europe, D-league, and summer league.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

Honetly, going back through nba stats/history it is easier to point them to have a marked improvement, imo.

cUjo come fram a great system that preaches a specific type of basketball from each of its players. One based on positional skills and fundamentals. How on earth does a guy learning in that system not transfer the talents to another team.

Joseph if far more sound fundamentally now and him and JV are gonna look good together

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    If we just used Ross like Danny Green, Kyle Korver, JJ Reddick etc are used he would look much better. We as an organization have to stop trying to make him be more like Demar and accept he's a catch and shoot guy and needs people to create for him. Run him off many screens and get him open for a catch and shoot shot. This thing of trying to make him handle the ball and slash is NOT going to work. He runs away from contact anyway, so if it isn't a straight line drive with no one there to contest he's probably going to miss whatever shot he throws up. Anytime he drives he makes the shot harder than it is because he always does some acrobatic thing to get away from contact. 3 and D is ALL he should be doing. But the coaching staff needs to figure out better ways of using him and getting him open that adheres to his strengths and not weaknesses (which are plenty)
                    Completely agree, but I had absolutely no problem with the team seeing if he is more than what you described by giving him a bigger role last year. He isn't, and now should settle it and be coached as a 3 and D role player.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      I dont think he will ever be that type of guy, but he can get better and will.

He is a danny green type of player.

Roll off screens, keep moving without the ball, knock down open shots, defend
                      So you basically agreed with my original point then lol. I said his ceiling is a 3 and D role player and that he won't really ever develop a strong dribble and drive game. The fact that you named Danny Green (i said poor man's wes matthews) pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• Pong wrote: View Post
                        So you basically agreed with my original point then lol. I said his ceiling is a 3 and D role player and that he won't really ever develop a strong dribble and drive game. The fact that you named Danny Green (i said poor man's wes matthews) pretty much sums it up.
                        yup, I do agree, i think he will definately improve to the point where he will have a dribble drive game if it is an absolute must, but it should not be his focus.

Korver works on curling, and catching and shooting and he is a MASSIVE asset because of it. Ross needs to model himself after someone like that. Run, Run, Run on curls all night long and rise up and shoot over defenders.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          I dont think he will ever be that type of guy, but he can get better and will.

He is a danny green type of player.

Roll off screens, keep moving without the ball, knock down open shots, defend
                          I agree to a certain degree about him being a Danny Green type of player.

However, Danny Green has a 6'10" wingspan whereas Ross only has a 6'7" wingspan

Danny Green also has a 2.5 inch reach advantage which may make a big difference (especially when defending).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            I agree to a certain degree about him being a Danny Green type of player.

However, Danny Green has a 6'10" wingspan whereas Ross only has a 6'7" wingspan

Danny Green also has a 2.5 inch reach advantage which may make a big difference (especially when defending).

Id say ross is the superior athlete tho which should make up for the lower standing reach.

Comment

• Big season for him.

Coming in to last season I was expecting a lot, and he was given a big role. To believe those around the team, he suffered all year with bone spurs in his ankles (both painful and limiting), which have now been removed by offseason surgery.

If this year's TRoss looks like last year's - then let someone else outbid us for him as a RFA in the summer of 2016.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Id say ross is the superior athlete tho which should make up for the lower standing reach.
                                I'd say Danny Green is the superior defender compared to Ross. IQ has a lot to do with it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X