Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Agree. Ross is a VERY useful bench player he's only dissapointing for some because of the ridiculous t mac/ray allen comparisons.
    This is in line with my MLSE/Toronto Media theory.

They keep pitching guys to be the next "name your superstar" and everyone starts to believe that. Then when they don't become a superstar the player is a lazy, overpaid piece of crap. In reality, he's a solid player that had expectations placed on him that he'd never live up to.

My favorite example is Phaneuf. He's not a captain, he's not a $7million defenseman and he's not a #1 defenseman. BUT he's a fantastic 2nd or 3rd defenseman on a championship team. And everyone can use one of those. Toronto fans now can't see that and think he's the worst D-man in the league because he hasn't lived up to the expectations that were placed on him.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      This is in line with my MLSE/Toronto Media theory.

They keep pitching guys to be the next "name your superstar" and everyone starts to believe that. Then when they don't become a superstar the player is a lazy, overpaid piece of crap. In reality, he's a solid player that had expectations placed on him that he'd never live up to.

My favorite example is Phaneuf. He's not a captain, he's not a $7million defenseman and he's not a #1 defenseman. BUT he's a fantastic 2nd or 3rd defenseman on a championship team. And everyone can use one of those. Toronto fans now can't see that and think he's the worst D-man in the league because he hasn't lived up to the expectations that were placed on him.
      This is how you can tell who the true fans are and who are the bandwagoners as well.

Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        This is how you can tell who the true fans are and who are the bandwagoners as well.

Yeah that's true, but I love Drakes!
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Yeah that's true, but I love Drakes!
          Peter Jackson is the only rapper I need.

Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I feel he lets the media get to him, and that has hindered him along with him playing out of his natural position for a ton of the time.

Plus, he needs to figure out a way to get inside more. He has tremendous speed and dunking ability, but he never uses it unless he has a clear path.

Ross needs to be a mixture guy: A slasher with a 3 as a back-up weapon.

Who does this make you think of almost instantly in today's NBA at SG?
            But. The thing is, he's not good in traffic. We all seem to want him to be, leo rautins says every game "with that dunking ability" bla bla. Its not his forte. Why should the 3 be his backup weapon? It IS his weapon. And a very important weeapon to have. Demar on the other hand, should be a slasher with his midrange as a last resort.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

But. The thing is, he's not good in traffic. We all seem to want him to be, leo rautins says every game "with that dunking ability" bla bla. Its not his forte. Why should the 3 be his backup weapon? It IS his weapon. And a very important weeapon to have. Demar on the other hand, should be a slasher with his midrange as a last resort.
              Ross has a bit of an inside game, and it's really his speed and vertical that makes him so effective. If we use a more ball-movement offense next year, Ross is gonna see playing time.

Also, Ross is gonna be backing up DD. Does it not make sense for him to know some of DD's plays?
              Axel wrote:
              KeonClark wrote:
              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Ross has a bit of an inside game, and it's really his speed and vertical that makes him so effective. If we use a more ball-movement offense next year, Ross is gonna see playing time.

Also, Ross is gonna be backing up DD. Does it not make sense for him to know some of DD's plays?
                Makes as much sense as Korver learning D.Rose or Danny Green learning Kawai or Parkers. If anything TRoss needs a better midrange. It's really tough to go 3pt line to the rim without the ball first like Harden or Lou

Comment

The thing is, he shies from traffic, and his handles are mediocre at best. That adds up to a guy who should just stick with his 42% 3 shooting and then he'll never gret a bruise or break a nail. Lol sorry, I just think he's a bit of a wuss. Is what it is.

As far as playing like demar, I don't see why its necessary at all. No where does it state the bench guy should run similiar sets to the starter. In fact my preference is that the bench guy offers up at alternative playing style/new look to throw at the opposition.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The thing is, he shies from traffic, and his handles are mediocre at best. That adds up to a guy who should just stick with his 42% 3 shooting and then he'll never gret a bruise or break a nail. Lol sorry, I just think he's a bit of a wuss. Is what it is.

As far as playing like demar, I don't see why its necessary at all. No where does it state the bench guy should run similiar sets to the starter. In fact my preference is that the bench guy offers up at alternative playing style/new look to throw at the opposition.
                    Ross has never shot 40% in his career.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I really like Ross still. Elite shooter with potential to be a good (not great) defender

However this means turning him into a passive, catch and shoot guy, rather than a pull up jump shooter and slasher like DD

Posters here a very guilty of wanting Ross to become a slasher because he has the tools. I say screw it, let him stand on the perimeter and jack threes. He's good at it. Plenty of really good players have had successful careers with just that ability...so why should we be judging Ross by a different measuring stick?
                      Exactly.

Catch and shoot is his strength.

When DD was out all Casey did was run the same sets but he'd put in Vasquez or Ross in DD place.

This comes back to one of my biggest complaints about casey - he doesn't adapt to what he has therefore he doesn't maximize the talent he has.

I think if you swapped out Green in San Antonio and Ross most would have a different view.

Comment

Ross is not a slasher. He has some skills with the ball, but are probably better served getting into the lane and making the pass. Unless he actually wants/is able to start drawing/absorbing contact of course.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Ross has never shot 40% in his career.
                          He shot 39.5% from 3 two years ago.

Close enough for me unless that half % is a big deal.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Ross is fine as a backup SG playing limited minutes with a defined role (i.e. catch and shoot threes). The expectations that some fans had for him were/are outsized for his talent level.

It was never clear to me where those expectations came from because there was nothing in his pedigree that suggested stardom or anything close. Perhaps it was the fact he was taken so high or the slam dunk competition nonsense or the Raptor media folks hyping him up constantly but, whatever the case, it created expectations that were neither fair nor reasonable, which leads to all the stupid old school sports nonsense like he doesn't work hard enough or isn't mean enough.... no, he's just not, and never has been or will be, that good.
                            For his quallity of play he is too expensive trade him in the package for Shabazz Muhammad and Bennett. Lower cost for Muhammad same time of player but better on slashing to the basket, and more importantly Bennett gets a chance to replace Scola in the next four months.

Maybe Bennett is Thomas Robinson, but he is sure no Derrick Williams.

Comment

The open-court with an uptempo 2nd unit (CoJo, Ross, Carroll, JJ, Biyombo?) is where Ross could really shine.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                The open-court with an uptempo 2nd unit (CoJo, Ross, Carroll, JJ, Biyombo?) is where Ross could really shine.
                                Now that's what I call a small ball lineup. That unit has defense + 3pt shooting + Athletism.

Not the Lowry , Lou, Vasquez, Pat, Amir lineup that Casey thinks would be successful
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X