No announcement yet.

Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna see how he does during the first month. I guess that means i dont have faith, although i want to..
    He stumbled, anyone can, everyone does. But its about how you come back from it, so ill give him the chance. But hes gotta step it up a notch, mentally. Mature, don't get caught up in things that don't matter.

Comment

• I think Ross is going to do really well coming off the bench, especially if he logs heavy minutes with Cojo and either DC or JJ.

Solid 1-2-3 defensively and no high usage player on offence should mean more ball movement.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I think Ross is going to do really well coming off the bench, especially if he logs heavy minutes with Cojo and either DC or JJ.

Solid 1-2-3 defensively and no high usage player on offence should mean more ball movement.
        He could get something going with Cujo and Scola. I hope so. If not, I hope MU can get something for him in a trade. Seems like a nice enough guy, he just doesn't do anything for the team and disappears when the pressure is on.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          He could get something going with Cujo and Scola. I hope so. If not, I hope MU can get something for him in a trade. Seems like a nice enough guy, he just doesn't do anything for the team and disappears when the pressure is on.
          That is really an ideal situation for him and probably his last chance here in T.O. He will play against the 2nd unit of the other teams, will pay along side some solid defenders ( Cujo and JJ) and in his natural position ( SG) and will probably get his share in the offence as well.

So this is his time to shine and be the guy we all hope he is.

Comment

• I have a limited amount of faith in Terrence Ross.

He still has top flight athleticism,

He still has excellent range,

He has the tools to be an excellent defender at the 1 and 2 spot.

I think with his ankle cleared up the only obstacle is between his ears
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I have a limited amount of faith in Terrence Ross.

He still has top flight athleticism,

He still has excellent range,

He has the tools to be an excellent defender at the 1 and 2 spot.

I think with his ankle cleared up the only obstacle is between his ears
              I think everyone agrees. So his current salary is $3.5M and his 2016 salary would be $4.8M. He's 24.

Lou Williams just got $7M for 3 years. Terence is a better defender. He's also a low-key guy, I understand.

What's the least we might offer him for a 2-year extension? $5.5M?

If we get him at a modest price, isn't he a good bet to, at least, be a useful bench guy, with (at 24 and given his length and athleticism) starter up-side? I have a hunch that's what they're working on. But I seem to recall people projecting more like a ... what $10M figure?
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 31, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                I think everyone agrees. So his current salary is $3.5M and his 2016 salary would be $4.8M. He's 24.

Lou Williams just got $7M for 3 years. Terence is a better defender. He's also a low-key guy, I understand.

What's the least we might offer him for a 2-year extension? $5.5M?

If we get him at a modest price, isn't he a good bet to, at least, be a useful bench guy, with (at 24 and given his length and athleticism) starter up-side? I have a hunch that's what they're working on. But I seem to recall people projecting more like a ... what $10M figure?
                Don't we have to offer him at least the QO? I think that's around 8.5 mill, non? Or can you extend on the cheap (relative to FA)?
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Aug 31, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Don't we have to offer him at least the QO? I think that's around 8.5 mill, non? Or can you extend on the cheap (relative to FA)?
                  I think it's $4.8M. But if we just offer that, then he walks as an unrestricted FA after 2016.

So I'm wondering if he might not sign for a small raise on a fairly short contract($5.5M/2 yrs), and be happy to stay with the Raps and see if he can just get comfortable in the NBA. He could fulfill any number of roles if he can do that somehow. It protects an asset.

But this might be one where the athlete says "uh ... okay!" .. and then his agent pulls him into another room ... and sticks a gun in his mouth.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 31, 2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    I think it's $4.8M. But if we just offer that, then he walks as an unrestricted FA after 2016.

So I'm wondering if he might not sign for a small raise on a fairly short contract($5.5M/2 yrs), and be happy to stay with the Raps and see if he can just get comfortable in the NBA. He could fulfill any number of roles if he can do that somehow. It protects an asset.

But this might be one where the athlete says "uh ... okay!" .. and then his agent pulls him into another room ... and sticks a gun in his mouth.
                    When u look at the deals that Amino, Shumpert and Carroll signed i think u have to give Ross at least 8 mill per year. I wouldnt be surprised if a team like Portland when after him, and honestly i think it would be better for his career

Comment

• Ross will be coming off the bench. Job just became a lot easier for him, Carroll will be guarding the best wing on the opposing team, all Ross has to do is come in, knock down his 3's and the occasional highlight reel dunks. He isn't and never will be a star player. Raptors fans had set their bar for him a tad too high and are now disappointed. I hope he does well this season coming off the bench and playing his original position and not SF.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Ross will be coming off the bench. Job just became a lot easier for him, Carroll will be guarding the best wing on the opposing team, all Ross has to do is come in, knock down his 3's and the occasional highlight reel dunks. He isn't and never will be a star player. Raptors fans had set their bar for him a tad too high and are now disappointed. I hope he does well this season coming off the bench and playing his original position and not SF.
                        CoJo-Ross might challenge KL-DD backcourt if Raptor go ISO happy again. Depends on who else is on the floor but a drive-kick guard to a shooter or decent PnR is really efficient and something most basketball fans like to see.

Comment

• I am very curious to see what happens with T-Ross this year. There will be a lot of guys in camp, and on the bench, who are exactly the same age as he is (24), but who have various levels of experience. Cojo. Delon Wright and Powell. And then younger guys, like Bruno and Bebe.

With more help and less pressure off of the bench, and with young guys around who can help him gain perspective on his role, his talents ... what he's been through and all he's learned, I'm hoping T-Ross comes to realize the full nature and significance of what he's capable of.

Could happen. I'd give him a few months to start breathing a little more deeply and easily and then ....

Well ... here's hoping.

Comment

• We wont be doing anything with ross this offseason other than renounce him...I really like Ross, but unless Joseph turns into Lowry we need Ross' capspace to get us some KD.

Comment

• Say what you want about DD self-promoting his offseason practice, but I really wish we had at least some info about the work Ross was putting in.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                We wont be doing anything with ross this offseason other than renounce him...I really like Ross, but unless Joseph turns into Lowry we need Ross' capspace to get us some KD.
                                I really like KD. But my ideal scenario has T-Ross coming on like Stephen Curry and DeMar taking a step and Bruno looking like something and the new-look Kyle and the Raps getting to a point where our interest actually wanes. Where we do well without hitching up to the KD wagon ... and where visions of the likes of Wiggins, Stauskas CoJo and Jamal Murray take us to the promised land, perennially.

Not saying it's gonna happen. But that sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X