Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Usually Ross guards the quicker guard, sometimes even swapping with Lowry at PG. Which makes sense because DeRozan is stronger than him.

If you look at most teams wing combinations, you would see that with DD/Ross starting it would make more sense for Ross to guard the 2 in the majority of those matchups. So it's actually DeRozan who spends more time guarding players who he shouldn't be, which adds more validity to Carroll's statement about DD not having to bang with those guys anymore.
    Only need to read the firat paragraph to know that is wrong.

Ross guarded the higher offensive threat

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Thats a long post with no actual support for the claim.

But for chicago, yeah demar on dunleavy cause ross had to guard butler cause demar would never be able to contest

I didn't say DeMar was guarding the better wing, all I said is he was guarding SFs more often than Ross was. If anyone wants to hit up league pass to confirm and post some clips that'd make this a lot easier lol. Just check who's guarding who on the first defensive possession and that should tell you what the matchup was (at least in pre-game preparations).

Comment

I didn't say DeMar was guarding the better wing, all I said is he was guarding SFs more often than Ross was. If anyone wants to hit up league pass to confirm and post some clips that'd make this a lot easier lol. Just check who's guarding who on the first defensive possession and that should tell you what the matchup was (at least in pre-game preparations).
        That's the thing.... Posters refuse to accept the truth.

Demar spent a lot of his time guarding the SF position. Essentially, he played out of position as well.

Remember Vasquez started some games. Remember KL, Lou and DD played tons of minutes together.

We all know Ross CANNOT guard SFs very well. This is why we went out and got Carroll. Ross mostly guards SGs and PGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          That's the thing.... Posters refuse to accept the truth.

Demar spent a lot of his time guarding the SF position. Essentially, he played out of position as well.

Remember Vasquez started some games. Remember KL, Lou and DD played tons of minutes together.

We all know Ross CANNOT guard SFs very well. This is why we went out and got Carroll. Ross mostly guards SGs and PGs.

Demar handled the Budinghers and Arizas. It's not the position but which player is the bigger on-ball threat. Dear is a good on-ball defender but he is treated like a high usage offensive player when he really shouldn't be. If they gave him tougher assignment more regularly playing him next to KD wouldn't be an issue

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Demar handled the Budinghers and Arizas. It's not the position but which player is the bigger on-ball threat. Dear is a good on-ball defender but he is treated like a high usage offensive player when he really shouldn't be. If they gave him tougher assignment more regularly playing him next to KD wouldn't be an issue
            But he is being used like a high usage offensive player.

Regardless, Demar can guard his position (SG) just fine. Unlike Ross, he has the size and strength to handle SFs as well.

I don't see why he couldn't be even more effective with KD as opposed to playing with Ross (who simply cannot guard SFs very well). Playing with KD would bring his usage down as well.

I don't think Demar playing next to KD would be an issue at all.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              But he is being used like a high usage offensive player.

Regardless, Demar can guard his position (SG) just fine. Unlike Ross, he has the size and strength to handle SFs as well.

I don't see why he couldn't be even more effective with KD as opposed to playing with Ross (who simply cannot guard SFs very well). Playing with KD would bring his usage down as well.

I don't think Demar playing next to KD would be an issue at all.

Only because kd is awesome.

But it has NOTHING to do with your post re demar being better with kd.

Its about playing a guy who does not possess the skill that compliment ANYONE as a mumber 2 or 3, CANNOT defend anyone other than secondary threats offensively and needs to be paid in excess of 20 million.

Seriously wish people would stop bringing demar fantasies all over the damn place. ...

Comment

• It's insane how much legit animosity people have towards DeMar... Like he's on our team and he's a pretty likable guy even if you're not a fan of how he plays.

Comment

It's insane how much legit animosity people have towards DeMar... Like he's on our team and he's a pretty likable guy even if you're not a fan of how he plays.
                  I think the larger issue is you and special making claims and providing no evidence while Dan is providing evidence for his claim. Arguing against people who don't listen inevitably creates some animosity.

Comment

• Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    I think the larger issue is you and special making claims and providing no evidence while Dan is providing evidence for his claim. Arguing against people who don't listen inevitably creates some animosity.
                    What evidence are you talking about?

Cherry picking stats can prove or disprove any point.

We're talking about Chemistry...

We're all talking about our opinions here.

Last edited by special1; Sat Aug 29, 2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Someone made the point that Ross is played out of position at SF and that's why he hasn't been able to show his full potential.

I made a few points in response to this:

1.) SG and SF are interchangeable on defense, it only matter with respect to defensive matchups. A team's SF can be used as 3+D or the SG can be used as 3+D or both or neither, but the fact is playing next to another SG on OFFENSE shouldn't stop a 3+D guy from being effective. In fact it's probably an advantage that Ross plays next to DeMar because he doesn't operate from beyond the arc, which allows him to have more free roam in that space.

2.) DeRozan guarded the opposing small forward MORE OFTEN than Ross did last season. So DeRozan was the one who was actually playing "out of position" more often on defense. Which is in line with DeMarre Carroll's comments that DD would no longer need to bang with SFs. People are remembering Ross' excellent D on Paul George and just extrapolating it to the entire league. He does not guard SFs very often he guards 2s primarily. He's not playing out of position on either end. It's very difficult to prove this, because I haven't been able to find a stat for it and it would basically require me to post video clips of at least 1 game against every team from last year. However, by looking at the wing pairings on each team we can see it's pretty obvious Ross would've guarded the 2 in most situations.

The argument here wasn't "who guards the tougher matchup", it was "who is playing out of position" and since DeRozan spends more time guarding larger players than Ross does it's obviously DeRozan. Hell sometimes in the end of games Ross gets pulled in favor of putting two point guards out there (Everyone on this board complains about this) so what position is DD playing when Vasquez and Lowry are out there? 2-Guard?

DeRozan NOT Ross is the one who has been played out of position at the 3 spot... defensively... i.e. the only area where it matters because the positions are interchangeable on offense (hell most of you would say DeRozan plays like a stereotypical SF offensively anyway).

Comment

• Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Demar gets guarded by the better defensive player anyways.

Seems to me that there are a ton of excuses being thrown around for Ross.

Comment

It's insane how much legit animosity people have towards DeMar... Like he's on our team and he's a pretty likable guy even if you're not a fan of how he plays.
                          Pretty sure alot of animosity is more about ridiculous, unsupported claims from a few posters.

Comment

Someone made the point that Ross is played out of position at SF and that's why he hasn't been able to show his full potential.

I made a few points in response to this:

1.) SG and SF are interchangeable on defense, it only matter with respect to defensive matchups. A team's SF can be used as 3+D or the SG can be used as 3+D or both or neither, but the fact is playing next to another SG on OFFENSE shouldn't stop a 3+D guy from being effective. In fact it's probably an advantage that Ross plays next to DeMar because he doesn't operate from beyond the arc, which allows him to have more free roam in that space.

2.) DeRozan guarded the opposing small forward MORE OFTEN than Ross did last season. So DeRozan was the one who was actually playing "out of position" more often on defense. Which is in line with DeMarre Carroll's comments that DD would no longer need to bang with SFs. People are remembering Ross' excellent D on Paul George and just extrapolating it to the entire league. He does not guard SFs very often he guards 2s primarily. He's not playing out of position on either end. It's very difficult to prove this, because I haven't been able to find a stat for it and it would basically require me to post video clips of at least 1 game against every team from last year. However, by looking at the wing pairings on each team we can see it's pretty obvious Ross would've guarded the 2 in most situations.

The argument here wasn't "who guards the tougher matchup", it was "who is playing out of position" and since DeRozan spends more time guarding larger players than Ross does it's obviously DeRozan. Hell sometimes in the end of games Ross gets pulled in favor of putting two point guards out there (Everyone on this board complains about this) so what position is DD playing when Vasquez and Lowry are out there? 2-Guard?

DeRozan NOT Ross is the one who has been played out of position at the 3 spot... defensively... i.e. the only area where it matters because the positions are interchangeable on offense (hell most of you would say DeRozan plays like a stereotypical SF offensively anyway).
                            The arguemeny started at ross playing out of position and guarding the bigger offwnsive threat.

U tried to change it to your opinion that sg and sf are interchangable on defense..(unsupported and incorrect as evidenced by most sfs guarding pfs) and an attempt to show how ross guards sgs based on your opinion.

Comment

• Can't somebody just add poll to this thread?

Comment

• No faith in him what so ever

Comment

Working...
                                X