Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post

The lighter waving emoticon sealed the 'like'

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Not sure why wall would not be a good fit, because he creates so many easy looks for one of the best shooters in the game. he is also a great defender. Wall/beal/kd would be potent, and if beal makes a leap like most expect him to, that team could be really good. They do lack the depth and big men tho, so to me that option is no better than staying in OKC
      He's not one of the best shooters, that doesn't do him credit. KD is one of, if not the best scorer in the league. He completely bends opposing defenses to what he does when he has the ball.

Honestly, Klow/DC/KD is much better because you have two guys who can play off the ball and are smart/willing ball movers. You have 3 ~40% shooters from deep and great defense. Great rebounding on the wing and KD doesn't have to guard the best wing player.

I think with Wall you would rather have Kyle Korver playing spot up shooter and save the money to get an improvement in the post.

I really don't think beal is a great match next to KD either, he's undersized, forcing KD to guard the big wings of the league. You wouldn't be as potent on the glass either.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
        He's not one of the best shooters, that doesn't do him credit. KD is one of, if not the best scorer in the league. He completely bends opposing defenses to what he does when he has the ball.

Honestly, Klow/DC/KD is much better because you have two guys who can play off the ball and are smart/willing ball movers. You have 3 ~40% shooters from deep and great defense. Great rebounding on the wing and KD doesn't have to guard the best wing player.

I think with Wall you would rather have Kyle Korver playing spot up shooter and save the money to get an improvement in the post.

I really don't think beal is a great match next to KD either, he's undersized, forcing KD to guard the big wings of the league. You wouldn't be as potent on the glass either.
        For a guy coming off the foot injury he had, this would be my major selling point.

Night in and night out Carroll is doing the dirty work.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          For a guy coming off the foot injury he had, this would be my major selling point.

The more I've been looking at it, the more paying Carroll as much as they did makes sense. I don't think they paid him because they think he's great, I think they did it because he would be such a great complimentary piece next to a KD.

He really would be the best compliment next to KD.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
            The more I've been looking at it, the more paying Carroll as much as they did makes sense. I don't think they paid him because they think he's great, I think they did it because he would be such a great complimentary piece next to a KD.

He really would be the best compliment next to KD.
            I wholeheartedly agree...at first I was a bit surprised, and I hoped the team would be deconstructed....but now it certainly looks like all roads are pointing to KD.

Carrol - UNBELIEVALE fit next to KD. one of the best in the league imo.

Lowry/cojo is a great fit at the pg as both can play off ball and have a good enough shot to keep defenses drawn.

Ppat, if he works out, does look to have the skills to allow for great spacing for KD offensively

JV is gonna be a damn good player. He has shown it already in all advanced statistics and with an expanded role with be a fantastic 2 or 3rd option.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

For sure. You really do need a 3 & D wing to play with KD. Even when OKC had potent offensive wings like Harden and later K-Mart, they still started Thabo next to KD . You need to balance offensive usage and defense. Same reason why Bowen started over Manu for all those years. And Battier starting next to Lebron & Wade was a key reason why the Heat took out OKC in the finals a few years back.

Not sure how good Otto Porter' defense is and if he can guard SGs, but the obvious move for the Wiz would be to bring Beal off the bench. He's a prototypical 6th man, undersized SG ala, Jamal Crawford / Lou Will. Can't wait to see the Wiz overpay Beal the max and screw themselves for the next 4-5 years.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                I wholeheartedly agree...at first I was a bit surprised, and I hoped the team would be deconstructed....but now it certainly looks like all roads are pointing to KD.

Lowry/cojo is a great fit at the pg as both can play off ball and have a good enough shot to keep defenses drawn.

Ppat, if he works out, does look to have the skills to allow for great spacing for KD offensively

JV is gonna be a damn good player. He has shown it already in all advanced statistics and with an expanded role with be a fantastic 2 or 3rd option.
                Plus PPatt is really just a place holder until either next year's rookie or the following summer max signing (Ibaka!).

PPatt, good enough to start for now and good enough off the bench later.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post

KD would be instantly good on any team, not just the Raps. Again, I don't think he comes here because he looks at our players and says "man, I'd love to play next to 2pat on the offence because of the spacing".
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                    KD would be instantly good on any team, not just the Raps. Again, I don't think he comes here because he looks at our players and says "man, I'd love to play next to 2pat on the offence because of the spacing".
                    lol well duh.

It's playing next to the other guys (JV, DC, KL), with max cap space to chase his buddy Ibaka the next year, plus extra picks and playing for HIS FAVOURITE TEAM GROWING UP. Throw in the Drake angle and come on, how can you not honestly believe we have a chance?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Reason No 3. - KD on the Raptors means a ECF appearance every healthy year against LBJ

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        lol well duh.

It's playing next to the other guys (JV, DC, KL), with max cap space to chase his buddy Ibaka the next year, plus extra picks and playing for HIS FAVOURITE TEAM GROWING UP. Throw in the Drake angle and come on, how can you not honestly believe we have a chance?
                        Nah man, I think the Drake angle is the only angle to why he comes here. Hip Hop and Basketball is a marriage. Durant raps on his spare time and Drake is like one of his favourite rappers and I suppose influences as a musical artist. I think he only comes here because he wants to be make music with Drizzy Drake in da 6ix.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Still optimistic about KD potentially signing here, we have all the pieces that would make this team a contender if we sign KD, which will probably be a part of Masai's pitch, oh yeah, also being in the horrible East. Lowry, Carroll, KD, Patterson, JV with a better coach would give the Cavs a run for their money. Then there is Drake, who we will all love forever if he convinces KD to sign here.

Comment

Nah man, I think the Drake angle is the only angle to why he comes here. Hip Hop and Basketball is a marriage. Durant raps on his spare time and Drake is like one of his favourite rappers and I suppose influences as a musical artist. I think he only comes here because he wants to be make music with Drizzy Drake in da 6ix.
                            Basketball is his career. It will be his legacy.

Rapping is his hobby.

The help of Drake is going to be important but WINNING is going to be his priority followed by many other factors.

Rapping with a friend might very well be on the list but I find it hard to believe it will be the deciding factor.

Comment

He probably goes wherever he goes because 100+Million dollars, and he thinks he has a chance to win championships and create a legacy.

He can use those millions to create music wherever he wants lol

Comment

you are cherry picking one part.

Bet he would say

I love the 30 millio dollar offer
                                I love playing with a pitbull like Lowry..hes a solid shooter
                                I love having that beast Carroll defending so I can hide on that side of the court a little more, also love that he is gonna get me lots of assists hitting those open threes
                                I love that JV is turning into a real double double center, nice having one of those guys covering my back
                                I love the management
                                I love the spacing and depth this team has
                                I love the city
                                I love the country
                                I love the future flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X