Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Oh C'mon man!

REALLY!?!?!?

DD has been playing great, fantastic basketball for DeMar DeRozan and many borderline or coach selection All-Stars.

But Kevin Durant is on another level.... a couple of levels above really.

FOr those who use the injury excuse as to why DD was not an allstar last season, well, DD was an MVP the last time he was healthy for a season.

If you wouldn't rather have KD out there in DD's place you really need to put down the homer bong - you've taken too many hits.
    Hitting a batting-practice fastball over the fence is nice.

Hitting it straight back at the pitcher?

Maybe not so much.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      All that and he really said nothing.
      But, interesting that somebody who doesn't wear raptor-coloured glasses (as we all do) thought to ask the question. We're on the radar.

Comment

• Here are the 8 teams ahead of us in the Vegas odds, and the dream scenario to vault us into contention:

Houston Rockets (25/1) - Harden doesn't have enough help, flops out early
        Los Angeles Clippers (25/1) - Durant doesn't want to join a bunch of villains
        New York Knicks (20/1) - lol
        Chicago Bulls (15/1) - Hoiberg forgets about defense and Bulls wash out early
        Miami Heat (10/1) - Durant doesn't want to follow in LeBron's footsteps
        Washington Wizards (5/1) - weak frontcourt hurts them in the playoffs, Val is a better big than anyone they can offer for him to play with
        Los Angeles Lakers (4/1) - who wants to join a team that goes 0-82
        Oklahoma City Thunder (1/3) - they don't make the Finals

Raptors (50/1) - we make ECF, Lowry has MVP-caliber season, DeMar and Val have near all-star type seasons, Drake quits as global ambassador in order to release an entire KD hype album, Justin Trudeau has CSIS smuggle Lil B to a black site in Gatineau

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Here are the 8 teams ahead of us in the Vegas odds, and the dream scenario to vault us into contention:

Houston Rockets (25/1) - Harden doesn't have enough help, flops out early
          Los Angeles Clippers (25/1) - Durant doesn't want to join a bunch of villains
          New York Knicks (20/1) - lol
          Chicago Bulls (15/1) - Hoiberg forgets about defense and Bulls wash out early
          Miami Heat (10/1) - Durant doesn't want to follow in LeBron's footsteps
          Washington Wizards (5/1) - weak frontcourt hurts them in the playoffs, Val is a better big than anyone they can offer for him to play with
          Los Angeles Lakers (4/1) - who wants to join a team that goes 0-82
          Oklahoma City Thunder (1/3) - they don't make the Finals

Raptors (50/1) - we make ECF, Lowry has MVP-caliber season, DeMar and Val have near all-star type seasons, Drake quits as global ambassador in order to release an entire KD hype album, Justin Trudeau has CSIS smuggle Lil B to a black site in Gatineau
          Realistically all of those teams have a chance except NY and LA, those two are always in free agent rumours since they are big market teams. I don't think he'll go Bulls or Heat either.

Rockets - Harden and Dwight, KD will make them instant contenders in the West.
          Clippers - Can they even afford him?
          Wizards - Hometown, decent team and in the East.
          OKC - Current team, and depends on their Playoff run this season.

And of course Raptors, Good team, KD is friends with Drake and we are in the East. Maybe I'm being biased too, but I think we have as good a chance as any of them to get KD.

Comment

• I'd say the wild card in the east is the Heat cause Pat Riley has proven that he can win.

Comment

• Yeah, don't like our chances either, unfortunately. I see teams ahead of us in basketball, financial and sentimental reasons. We should do due diligence of course, but I think getting a great PF is a more realistic goal.

Comment

• I ve been following this forum since last year but is my first time posting so yea...
                I think for whatever reason if durant decides to bolt in free agency (unlikely) and decides to not pick raptors (very likely if he does)

I think our realistic target should be to try trading for ibaka with masai's african connections, package a pick with ross 2pat and fillers
                that would make a formidable frontcourt in the east with carroll and JV and fill the backcourt if demar decides to bolt.

Comment

• mojo jojo wrote: View Post
                  I ve been following this forum since last year but is my first time posting so yea...
                  I think for whatever reason if durant decides to bolt in free agency (unlikely) and decides to not pick raptors (very likely if he does)

I think our realistic target should be to try trading for ibaka with masai's african connections, package a pick with ross 2pat and fillers
                  that would make a formidable frontcourt in the east with carroll and JV and fill the backcourt if demar decides to bolt.
                  I agree with that. In fact, I would do a trade that DanH proposed earlier for Durant, but even for Ibaka.

Ross + Patterson + Nogueira + Powell + 2016 1st round draft pick + 2 future picks for Ibaka

Edit* We would still have the money to sign DeRozan and even Durant (Am I fooling myself here?)

Comment

I ve been following this forum since last year but is my first time posting so yea...

Welcome!!

I like your thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if Masai tries something like that or Horford quickly in free agency. I will never lose hope fur KD however.

Comment

Welcome aboard.

But first, we need your opinions on Casey and DeMar.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I agree with that. In fact, I would do a trade that DanH proposed earlier for Durant, but even for Ibaka.

Ross + Patterson + Nogueira + Powell + 2016 1st round draft pick + 2 future picks for Ibaka

Edit* We would still have the money to sign DeRozan and even Durant (Am I fooling myself here?)
                        First off, no even if we did that we'd have nowhere near enough cap room for Durant. Second, OKC can't absorb that much salary in an Ibaka deal - he makes only 12M.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          First off, no even if we did that we'd have nowhere near enough cap room for Durant. Second, OKC can't absorb that much salary in an Ibaka deal - he makes only 12M.
                          Well we only have to take one of their small salaries back to make it work. Would you do it?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Well we only have to take one of their small salaries back to make it work. Would you do it?
                            I'd do it if we kept Powell and BeBe, since they'd mostly be in there for salary filler (they were in my proposed deal). Then the deal works just for Ibaka.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I'd do it if we kept Powell and BeBe, since they'd mostly be in there for salary filler (they were in my proposed deal). Then the deal works just for Ibaka.
                              I wouldn't mind that, Ibaka can shoot 3 pointers like Patterson and cover up any defensive issues for JV.

Comment

• i scratch my head on some coaching decisions late game especially last year, but i dont hold a very harsh opinion on casey like many on this forum. but his overplayng of veterans like alan anderson, john salmons lou will was getting annoying. Cant complain i can tell that he needs the players for his defensive systems. for demar i take his good with the bad but i like him and i hope he stays long term. ross tho :| i hope he gets his act together

Comment

Working...
                                X