Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't MLSE just save everyone a whole lot of trouble and buy the Thunder franchise in exchange for the Raptors and major cash considerations (we keep Ujiri).

The Toronto Thunder could afford to keep both Durant and Ibaka, The Oklahoma Raptors could take the cash and open a new stadium with a dinosaur theme park near the H. E. Bailey Turnpike and make a fortune, while DeRozan can use his extra trips to L.A. to #provem.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      The articles I keep hearing about KD is that he wants to win and he wants to go to a place that can make winning easier for him. Toronto losing to Washington in 4 last season can swing the pendulum away from Toronto very easily (OKC failing to even make the playoffs last year doesn't look good for them either).

In order to get the pendulum moving the other way, the Raptors have to at least get to the 2nd round and do better than the Wizards. Not going to be easy - especially with Casey still here.

Love the optimism in this thread.. but Casey really worries me.
      Haven't looked into it, but does Washington have the ability to sign Durant without losing any assets? Cause that would really suck if he could just step in as their 3. But if they have to give something up...

I actually think Casey could benefit us, in the way that his contract is expiring... And we can get absolutely whoever KD likes as a coach.

Plus maybe we get a lottery pick who is ready to tear things up in a year or two and can play behind KD on a rookie contract...

Comment

Drake should sign Durant to OVO and make an album together. That'd lock him up to TO, for sure. Someone get Drake on the phone.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
          Haven't looked into it, but does Washington have the ability to sign Durant without losing any assets? Cause that would really suck if he could just step in as their 3. But if they have to give something up...

I actually think Casey could benefit us, in the way that his contract is expiring... And we can get absolutely whoever KD likes as a coach.

Plus maybe we get a lottery pick who is ready to tear things up in a year or two and can play behind KD on a rookie contract...
          Yeah.. Washington is all in on KD. They have the assets/cap space to make a deal happen while keeping Wall/Gortat/Beal/Porter as their core.

Comment

Wittman has one more year on his deal (this year) and then be let go by the team (team option for his 3rd year). So same as Casey. He signed his extension in 2014.

Comment

The hometown dynamic can go both ways - plenty of guys don't want to play in their hometown. Other than Lebron/Cleveland, which I think is a unique situation, how often does a big name FA go to his hometown team?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Gonna be Wale vs Drake (with Devlin under the announce table)

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  The hometown dynamic can go both ways - plenty of guys don't want to play in their hometown. Other than Lebron/Cleveland, which I think is a unique situation, how often does a big name FA go to his hometown team?
                  I know right? Most players hate playing home and going back to seeing those faces they detested when growing up.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Gonna be Wale vs Drake (with Devlin under the announce table)
                    My money's on drake since he makes better records plus i think we already know who Durant would root for:

that aint no photochop
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                      I know right? Most players hate playing home and going back to seeing those faces they detested when growing up.
                      lol I don't know if this is serious or a joke, could go either way.

Hometown pressure can simply take the form of the number of people an NBA player has asking him for everything from free meals to game tickets to houses, cars, and new appliances. Literally. Guys don't want to deal with that on a day-to-day basis.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        lol I don't know if this is serious or a joke, could go either way.

Hometown pressure can simply take the form of the number of people an NBA player has asking him for everything from free meals to game tickets to houses, cars, and new appliances. Literally. Guys don't want to deal with that on a day-to-day basis.
                        You've got all that.

But then what about if your career doesn't go as anticipated or you don't achieve anticipated/expected success?

Don't want to poop in your own nest.

Comment

The articles I keep hearing about KD is that he wants to win and he wants to go to a place that can make winning easier for him. Toronto losing to Washington in 4 last season can swing the pendulum away from Toronto very easily (OKC failing to even make the playoffs last year doesn't look good for them either).

In order to get the pendulum moving the other way, the Raptors have to at least get to the 2nd round and do better than the Wizards. Not going to be easy - especially with Casey still here.

Love the optimism in this thread.. but Casey really worries me.
                          We have since reduced some negatives and added some great positives.

Adn losing to Washington wasnt a big surprise I dont think, loosing in 4 games was though.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            You've got all that.

But then what about if your career doesn't go as anticipated or you don't achieve anticipated/expected success?

Don't want to poop in your own nest.
                            I always poop at a buddy's house.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post

Washington has 44 million tied up in:
                              Wall
                              Beal's Qualifying offer
                              Gortat
                              Oubre
                              Porter

6 guys....

plus
                              Non guarantees of:
                              Martell Webster 5,845,250
                              Kris Humphries 4,630,000
                              Drew Gooden 3,547,000
                              DeJuan Blair 2,000,000
                              For 16 million

Draft pick of 1.5 million ish.

They could easily offer him the max, but they are really lacking.......everything.....

They got a no shoot pg(doesnt work with KD imo)
                              The got a great shooting sg. but he cannot guard the best offensive player(doesnt work with KD
                              They have no pf
                              They have Gortat(old, doesnt work with a young KD)

Our Depth is far superior.

Comment

Yeah.. Washington is all in on KD. They have the assets/cap space to make a deal happen while keeping Wall/Gortat/Beal/Porter as their core.
                                Wall is a non shooter at PG, doesnt work well with KD
                                Beal cannot guard the opposing teams best wing player
                                Porter plays behind KD as a backup(and not a good one)
                                Gortat is old and starting to decline.

They cannot match our depth
                                they cannot match our fit with KD.

We have the right mix of guys that allows KD to focus on offense, and has lots of targets to kick it outside to and/or dump off down low while being able to dominate the ball on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X