Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    I find it funny that the people who defend Demar the most, are the ones trying to find weak arguments as to why KD wouldnt fit better on this team than any other team.
    I don't really defend Demar the most, and KD would fit good on any team. I was suggesting why KD would be willing to join Houston over Toronto from a basketball stand point.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Players join teams because of the team that is assembled as well as the city, management, money, management etc.

DOnt think for one second that the roster from top to bottom doesnt play into it.
      We were talking about #1 options, which are completely different from other players.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
        I doubt KD will choose to sign with a team in the eastern conference because it's an easier road to the championships.
        Do you have any rationale behind this thought?
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Do you have any rationale behind this thought?
          No elite player in the history of the NBA has ever said "I'm picking this team because the competition in this division is terrible and i'll have a greater shot at winning an NBA title".
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

No elite player in the history of the NBA has ever said "I'm picking this team because the competition in this division is terrible and i'll have a greater shot at winning an NBA title".
            No but great players do choose based partially on where they think they can win. Playing in the East does offer a better chance at a ring.

These obscure quotes you keep using "won't come to play with PPatt" don't really lend much credibility to your points; if anything it makes it seem like you don't have well thought out reasons for your posts and just throw out anything to prove your point.

KD's legacy is already that of a great player, but to be remembered with the truly great legends, he needs to win a title or more. East conference gives him a better chance to win those titles, while playing for his childhood team. You are completely discounting these options for little more than random quotes you invent. If you edit your quote into a more normal sentence, take the first 5 words and the last 10 words and you have a very normal response "I'm picking this team because I'll have a greater chance at winning an NBA title".

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

and you know this how?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                No but great players do choose based partially on where they think they can win. Playing in the East does offer a better chance at a ring.

These obscure quotes you keep using "won't come to play with PPatt" don't really lend much credibility to your points; if anything it makes it seem like you don't have well thought out reasons for your posts and just throw out anything to prove your point.

KD's legacy is already that of a great player, but to be remembered with the truly great legends, he needs to win a title or more. East conference gives him a better chance to win those titles, while playing for his childhood team. You are completely discounting these options for little more than random quotes you invent. If you edit your quote into a more normal sentence, take the first 5 words and the last 10 words and you have a very normal response "I'm picking this team because I'll have a greater chance at winning an NBA title".
                I agree that players do go to teams where they think they can win but thats more based on the players of the team, primarily wanting to join up with other elite players. Not the level of competition that they will go up against.

Lol, I apologize if you don't think my posts are well thought out but I don't always feel the need to go in depth with a point that can be made with a more simple comment and a more direct one. Thats a difference in style. Deal with it.

Anyway, I'll go back to my original point in if KD is going to join the Raptors, then the Raptors will have to show that they can contend with the best and they'll have a whole season, as well as the playoffs to do just that.

Otherwise, the only way I see KD joining our team is because of the Drizzy Drake factor.

Snooch wrote: View Post
                and you know this how?
                Unless you can find me one, then i stand corrected, otherwise I haven't heard it personally.
                Last edited by BS10; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 08:40 PM.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I think there will be a shift where guys will move from the West to the East.

BBall insiders had an article discussing the same idea:
                  http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-west-to-east/

Quotes from NBA players and agents in the article as well.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I think there will be a shift where guys will move from the West to the East.

The west is a dogfight night in and night out.

If I was KD, would I want to be in the position of trying 3 near-guaranteed difficult series to get to the finals?

Or would I rather go east and have 2 rounds of warm up followed by 1 possibly difficult round to get to the finals?

....oh and that assumes Westbrook and Ibaka are in OKC beyond 2017.

Comment

• If I was KD I'd be thinking about that Kraft Dinner $$$$

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I think there will be a shift where guys will move from the West to the East.

Good points. Thanks for the share.

Very much makes sense in a lot of ways. The rookie draft angle makes tons of sense too (which I hadn't really considered). Fast track to stardom. Kind of big fish in a small pond but with the wrinkle that many east cities/markets are larger than the western ones.

Comment

If you're trying to win an online argument, congrats to you but the reality is that it still has no influence on KD's decision to join the Raptors.

KD is not joining our team because we have some real great role players that would be great for him to play with on the offensive end.
                          Well thanks, I mean that is entirely the point behind having an argument anywhere isn't it? To pit your opinion against another?

And as for your "reality" I would like to know how you can be so certain that it exists after I laid down examples completely eliminating your original point?

Well actually our role players would fit with him everywhere. That's the point. Our other stars would also fit with him pretty much everywhere too, and you seem completely happy to ignore that I'm not arguing simply for our role players.

The idea that he is a ring chaser who only wants to join a contending team or that he only wants to try and find an "in" with Drake is absurd. By that logic he needs to join GS or Cleveland. Hypothetically, you're arguing that if drake were based out of Philly he would want to sign there lol

Comment

• More ridiculous reasons KD might choose Toronto over Washington, LA, Miami and OKC..

Diversity of the fans, have you seen the crowd in OKC? I think a lot of these guys look into the stands at the ACC and are amazed at how young the fanbase is and how diverse we are. OKC and Toronto being the largest juxtaposition. KD seems like the kind of guy that might appreciate something like this.. and of course having Drake courtside.

Basketball being #2 in this City to Hockey. Also think KD is ok with this, he seems like he doesn't really want the spotlight on him 24/7 but still smart enough to want to maximize his income. Playing outside the US in Toronto might be the best of both worlds on that front.

Can't think of any stupid reasons why the shitty weather might be an advantage to us..

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                              More ridiculous reasons KD might choose Toronto over Washington, LA, Miami and OKC..

Diversity of the fans, have you seen the crowd in OKC? I think a lot of these guys look into the stands at the ACC and are amazed at how young the fanbase is and how diverse we are. OKC and Toronto being the largest juxtaposition. KD seems like the kind of guy that might appreciate something like this.. and of course having Drake courtside.

Basketball being #2 in this City to Hockey. Also think KD is ok with this, he seems like he doesn't really want the spotlight on him 24/7 but still smart enough to want to maximize his income. Playing outside the US in Toronto might be the best of both worlds on that front.

Can't think of any stupid reasons why the shitty weather might be an advantage to us..
                              Snow > hurricanes and tornados

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Snow > hurricanes and tornados
                                Not to mention earth quakes
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X