Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason why KD would be willing to sign with the Raptors is he sees that we have a competent General Manager in Masai Ujiri and now are perceived as an organization that is a far more stable destination-- quite similar to Lamarcus Aldridge. It's true we still need an improvement in the head coaching department but almost everything else about our franchise and front office is extremely favourable to players around the league, especially our supportive fan base. I don't think KD inks the deal because of this but he grants us an opportunity to sit down with him and make a case as to why he should put on the black and gold (OVO colours) next year.

I still believe that we need to make a real push in the playoffs (to the ECF or beyond) to be able to hold KD's attention and make him consider that this opportunity with the Raptors is one that he should take seriously in next year's free agency, otherwise it's just wishful thinking for our front office and fans.

An interesting article I found about the East and West Imbalance below:
    http://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/31...est-imbalance/
    Last edited by BS10; Thu Sep 17, 2015, 04:02 PM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      Another reason why KD would be willing to sign with the Raptors is he sees that we have a competent General Manager in Masai Ujiri and now are perceived as an organization that is far more stable destination-- quite similar to Lamarcus Aldridge. It's true we still need an improvement in the head coaching department but almost everything else about our franchise and front office is extremely favourable to players around the league, especially our supportive fan base. I don't think KD inks the deal because of this but he grants us an opportunity to sit down with him and make a case as to why he should put on the black and gold (OVO colours) next year.

I still believe that we need to make a real push in the playoffs (to the ECF or beyond) to be able to hold KD's attention and make him consider that this opportunity with the Raptors is one that he should take seriously in next year's free agency, otherwise it's just wishful thinking for our front office and fans.

An interesting article I found about the East and West Imbalance below:
      http://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/31...est-imbalance/
      MU might be the best regarded GM whose teams have never made out of the first round

Comment

• BR(lol) put us into Maybe category to sign KD.

Toronto Raptors

Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski created some buzz last November when he told TSN 1050 in Toronto that he could see Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri making an aggressive push for Durant next summer.

Truthfully, the Durant bugaboo started even a year before that, when Toronto appointed Drake, a noted friend and proponent of the Oklahoma City star, as its global ambassador. In 2013, Durant even admitted that he wanted to play for the Raptors while growing up.

That's all good news for Toronto fans. The Raptors remain in the thick of the Eastern Conference's race for second place behind the Cavaliers, and slotting Durant alongside DeMarre Carroll, Kyle Lowry and the recently extended Jonas Valanciunas would create an unguardable offense.

Notice the absence of DeMar DeRozan here. He can become a free agent himself next summer, and unless he exercises his player option worth just under $10.1 million, the Raptors won't be able to afford both him and Durant without draining their supporting cast dry. Even then, they would need to find new homes for Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross, among others.

Classifying the Raptors as a dark horse is indeed risky. But with so many galloping giants in the Western Conference, any already-viable Eastern Conference teams have the potential to go from good to great upon signing Durant.

Not only are the Raptors already viable, but with the exception of DeRozan, their core contributors (Carroll, Lowry, Cory Joseph, Valanciunas, etc.) work well enough off the ball to serve in effective complementary capacities.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          BR(lol) put us into Maybe category to sign KD.

Ross will be easy enough to remove....

Comment

• Lots of good posts in cap thread on scenarios to sign KD and who would have to go.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Lots of good posts in cap thread on scenarios to sign KD and who would have to go.
              Actually this thread too I think.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Actually this thread too I think.
                This thread is the number 13 reason why kd will be a raptor!

Agreed.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think the biggest reason Durant could potentially be a Raptor is because he's injury prone and teams are going to be more and more reluctant to sign him to a max deal, esp with the new cap.

This guy is gonna be hurt again this year, I guarantee it.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I think the biggest reason Durant could potentially be a Raptor is because he's injury prone and teams are going to be more and more reluctant to sign him to a max deal, esp with the new cap.

No one is going to be reluctant to sign Durant to whatever he wants if they want to sign him. No one.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If we're assuming health, Thunder are my pick to win the Championship this year.. and that would be the #1 reason KD is going nowhere

Comment

I think the biggest reason Durant could potentially be a Raptor is because he's injury prone and teams are going to be more and more reluctant to sign him to a max deal, esp with the new cap.

It is a possibility. Luckily he isn't carrying any extra weight (slight frame) and he is going to have another season to see if this is career damaging or a one time serious injury.

Jordan had same injury around the same age and he did alright after it.

Comment

You guarantee itÉ

Damn.....

We definitely need to keep away from this guy.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            You guarantee itÉ

Damn.....

We definitely need to keep away from this guy.
                            Is this sarcasm? Because if it is, I'd say the worry is legitimate. Durant's a (near) 7-footer with a foot injury. It's almost always a red flag for people when 7-footers have foot injuries. If this was Jonas we'd have basically taken him out of our future.

A healthy Durant would be absolutely amazing to have, but, what if he's not healthy?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Is this sarcasm? Because if it is, I'd say the worry is legitimate. Durant's a (near) 7-footer with a foot injury. It's almost always a red flag for people when 7-footers have foot injuries. If this was Jonas we'd have basically taken him out of our future.

A healthy Durant would be absolutely amazing to have, but, what if he's not healthy?
                              Next season will be important for Durant. If he gets hurt again who ever gets him may be looking at Grant Hill 2.0, Hill ankle was a different situation but 7 footers with foot or back problems never end well

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

oh, its sarcasm.

And Durnat is not a typical 7 footer, he is close to being that tall, but he is much leaner than guys who have issues.

Like was pointed out earlier, Jordan had a VERY similar injury and was fine.

Jordan was 6'6" and 220, Durant is 6'9" 240. Not a massive difference in size.

Tobias HArris had the injury in Highschool, Jennings had it, its called a "jones Fracture"

Durant originally suffered a Jones fracture in his right foot, a break of the fifth metatarsal, the long bone on the outer aspect of the forefoot that connects to the fifth (pinkie) toe. The other end of the fifth metatarsal (the end closest to the ankle) connects to the cuboid bone, one of the bones of the midfoot. This outer forefoot bone is subjected to a great deal of torsional stress in an athlete during pivoting, pushing off, sharp deceleration and twisting. It is also subject to impact stress with repeated running and jumping. Combining these stresses, as is routine for an NBA athlete, makes Jones fractures common in this population
                                clicky

.which is not the same injury that Yao Ming(for example) had, which is the dreaded "Big man" Injury, which affects the arch of the foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X