Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syrian Crisis in One Picture (Warning: Very Sad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Last point, it's amazing how hard Christians get hammered for their stance on gay marriage when Islam doesn't allow it either! And many Muslim countries actually stone and jail gay people. (But shhhhhhh don't talk about that!)
    Zuh?

If Kim Davis was Muslim, people would be just as outraged on her stance against gay marriage.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure why the racist and bigotry comment was deleted.

That is exactly what is being pushed here.

big·ot·ry
      ˈbiɡətrē/
      noun
      intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
      "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

rac·ism
      ˈrāˌsizəm/
      noun
      the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
      prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
      Islam isn't a race, so, not sure who is preaching racism.

Do I have intolerance for people who burn others alive in cages and drown them in the ocean? You bet. Do I have intolerance for people who walk into mosques, churches, restaurants, concerts, etc. shooting women and children with bombs strapped to them? Absolutely. Do I have intolerance for people who believe women are chattel and should sit at the back of the room if they are allowed in at all? Damn right. Do I have intolerance for people who kidnap young girls and sell them into slavery? Yep. Do I have intolerance for people who execute gay people for being gay and stone women to death because they've been raped? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Don't you?

Comment

I'm not sure why the racist and bigotry comment was deleted.

That is exactly what is being pushed here.
        Because I was hoping for this to not get personal and derail the thread... Too late on one count.

Comment

Yup. Biggest racist and bigot you'll ever meet.

That's code word for conservative right?

This anti-west narrative is absurd. Go live in one of the hell holes you think is so much more noble and righteous than us. We're going into debt giving money to poorer countries, we reach out and form trade deals with developing countries to try to guide them out of poverty. And yeah, there are some fucked up people that do some fcked up things along the way, but by and large the west is good.

And yes there are things we could do better and yes mistakes were made in the past. But they were made with good intentions. Of course in hindsight people can look back and say something was a mistake. Iraq for example was supported by Dems and republicans, if you asked today, I'm sure you'd find a large number from both side that would have said they'd vote against it.

At least you have the freedom to spout your hatred here, you try that in most countries in the east and you'll find yourself in jail or dead.
          You think I'm anti-conservative? Lol

The only hatred I have is for the hypocrisy of the situation.

I don't want to live in those hell holes. I don't want anything to do with those places. We should never have been there to begin with. That is the point. Leave. Get out. Protect our own nations.

If the Middle East wasn't sitting on oil they'd be fucking ignored - just like Africa.

Good intentions? Bullshit....unless good intentions was pushing own objectives and agenda over the best interests of the people in that region.

Good intentions would have been gaining access to their energy through diplomacy and negotiated trade agreements. Instead the minute any government shows objection to use of their own resources that government is immediately toppled or 'rebels' and 'freedom fighters' (read: terrorists) are funded and armed to the hilt to destabilize the country. This creates a power vacuum and after being armed and funded, the religious lunatics are in control.

Good intentions - hilarious. It is that blind belief and faith that continues to allow western governments to continually break international law without being held accountable at home where it matters.

Western foreign policy of intervention has laid the foundation for extremism.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Zuh?

If Kim Davis was Muslim, people would be just as outraged on her stance against gay marriage.
            Not true. You'd never hear about it.

Are you denying that Muslims oppose gay marriage? And not only despise but murder and stone gays in some Muslim countries?
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Islam isn't a race, so, not sure who is preaching racism.

Do I have intolerance for people who burn others alive in cages and drown them in the ocean? You bet. Do I have intolerance for people who walk into mosques, churches, restaurants, concerts, etc. shooting women and children with bombs strapped to them? Absolutely. Do I have intolerance for people who believe women are chattel and should sit at the back of the room if they are allowed in at all? Damn right. Do I have intolerance for people who kidnap young girls and sell them into slavery? Yep. Do I have intolerance for people who execute gay people for being gay and stone women to death because they've been raped? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Don't you?
              Of course. Glad we found common ground.

So why do your opinions justify and allow for these barbarians to be armed and funded by western governments in the first place?

Why do you support taking out the very people who kept a lid on the extremists?

The hypocrisy is sickening.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Were they security-check experts?
                I don't need to be a security expert to know that it is irresponsible to set an arbitrary date to bring in 25,000 refugees in 6weeks. Especially given the recent events. and public calls by Isis for its members to infiltrate refugee groups.
                Because its 2015

Comment

I don't need to be a security expert to know that it is irresponsible to set an arbitrary date to bring in 25,000 refugees in 6weeks. Especially given the recent events. and public calls by Isis for its members to infiltrate refugee groups.
                  That I agree with.

Western 'allies' in the Middle East should be opening their borders.

Comment

So why do your opinions justify and allow for these barbarians to be armed and funded by western governments in the first place?

Are you referring to what Obama has done? Putting the Muslim Brotherhood in place in Egypt, arming Isis by gun running through Libya/Benghazi etc?
                    Because its 2015

Comment

That I agree with.

Western 'allies' in the Middle East should be opening their borders.
                      Yes! the real problem is the millions of cowards ditching their country.
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Are you referring to what Obama has done? Putting the Muslim Brotherhood in place in Egypt, arming Isis by gun running through Libya/Benghazi etc?
                        That is a start.

But yes, those actions among many others.

Comment

Yes! the real problem is the millions of cowards ditching their country.
                          I can understand why they would leave.

Syria isn't just fighting just fighting ISIS. They are fighting the US, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar.......

Comment

I can understand why they would leave.

Syria isn't just fighting just fighting ISIS. They are fighting the US, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar.......
                            Well the Kurds are willing to stay their and fight along with the Coptic Christians.
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Not true. You'd never hear about it.

Are you denying that Muslims oppose gay marriage? And not only despise but murder and stone gays in some Muslim countries?
                              I'm not denying that at all. Not sure what I said that would lead you to believe that.

Comment

I think you have me confused for someone else. I've been arguing to let the Arabs and the Persians, Sunnis and Shia fight their own damn wars for years and I was thoroughly against intervening in Iraq and Libya, along with opposing the ouster in Egypt.

As for Syria, I say let Assad and his buddies Putin and the Iranians have at it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X