Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syrian Crisis in One Picture (Warning: Very Sad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Before the last 30 years, diplomacy and a strategy of non-intervention was the foreign policy in the Middle East. There have always been problems there, and likely always will be, but they were confined to that region. Today, as a result of the intervention, the problems have spilled out of the region - not to mention enabled the rise of radicals and extremists.

Guh? Um, who exactly had a strategy of non-intervention and diplomacy in the Middle East until 1985? The US and the Soviets have been playing around in there since WWII. The British and other European powers colonized most of it after the end of the Ottomans after WWI. Prior to that, the Ottomans warred with the Europeans for about 500 years up to WWI. So, unless the Middle East now includes North and Western Africa, Greece, Italy, the Indian sub-continent, Eastern and Central Europe, Spain and Portugal and the Caribbean, then, no, the problems haven't been contained "to the region" until the last 30 years.

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I've sent NATO a facebook friend request, but no dice
        I don't add anyone I don't know of either. lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I don't add anyone I don't know of either. lol
          Ya but.. NATO knows everyone. Just like CIA has a file on everyone. I would love to see my file...

Comment

• Since no one has said it, I would just like to personally thank our charitable leader for donating $100million to the UN on our behalf. I look forward to additional tax hikes in the future to pay for more of those.

apparently taking in 25,000 refugees isn't enough. Canada has gots to pay. Pretty amazing we can afford to considering how bad they say Steve fcked it up.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Since no one has said it, I would just like to personally thank our charitable leader for donating $100million to the UN on our behalf. I look forward to additional tax hikes in the future to pay for more of those.

apparently taking in 25,000 refugees isn't enough. Canada has gots to pay. Pretty amazing we can afford to considering how bad they say Steve fcked it up.
              Whats to say? Keeping commitments. The people approved. Well done Canada!

This a contribution by a country which recognizes it's international responsibilities...at least under it's new govt. When there are countries under strain of the refugee influx the fund that money goes to helps a great deal. Lebanon for example has a million Syrian refugees. They have a pop. of less than 5 million. That percentage would equate to Canada taking in about 11 million refugees. Don't believe you would prefer that unless I'm mistaken and I apologize.

And where is little Stevie these days? Has been pretty quiet lately...must be practicing with his rock quartet on another sugary Neil Diamond song. Saw JT being interviewed by a Brit journalist gushing all over...must have been another BBC lib I think haha.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Whats to say? Keeping commitments. The people approved. Well done Canada!

This a contribution by a country which recognizes it's international responsibilities...at least under it's new govt. When there are countries under strain of the refugee influx the fund that money goes to helps a great deal. Lebanon for example has a million Syrian refugees. They have a pop. of less than 5 million. That percentage would equate to Canada taking in about 11 million refugees. Don't believe you would prefer that unless I'm mistaken and I apologize.

And where is little Stevie these days? Has been pretty quiet lately...must be practicing with his rock quartet on another sugary Neil Diamond song. Saw JT being interviewed by a Brit journalist gushing all over...must have been another BBC lib I think haha.
                Oh yeah, I'm glad we're generous it's good stuff. Now if only we were as generous to our veterans as we are to refugees and the corrupt UN.

Stevie? Yeah he's fine, probably drinking whisky somewhere chuckling to himself.

Hey good news. Trudeau stole a bunch of Kathleen Wynnes best and brightest, now the rest of Canada will get to see how big of a disaster they've been in Ontario

This is all so great. I'm really positive about the direction of the country. Group hugs for all, and remember, happy ways my friends happy ways.
                Because its 2015

Comment

• http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ive-attack-ads

From Justin Trudeau....

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said.

Um...

I....

This guy...

What a delusional moron.
                  Because its 2015

Comment

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ive-attack-ads

From Justin Trudeau....

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said.

Um...

I....

This guy...

What a delusional moron.

Oh dear....looks like the elections outcome really bothered you. You know you cant carry on this way for the next 4-5 years dont you...and probably even more after that.

To your post. Are you sure you read the headline of the piece or just zoned in on the quote and took it out of context.

‘I left them in the dust’: Trudeau uses BBC interview to rebuke Tory critique he was ‘nothing but a name’
                    That was the headline... and the the intent of the quote was restricted to the campaign (not his life) because little Stevie's campaign tried to shoehorn the "born with a silver spoon" and "He is not ready" bs in their incessant ads. JT was saying he had to work twice as hard to overcome that kind of electioneering. No doubt the Conservatives imported some election advisors from the Republicans in the US to run their ad campaign.

And how did that work out? I know he surprised me.

Re the interview JT must have been tired...now, as PM he shouldn't get personal about domestic politics especially in the foreign press...but he is young and he will learn. It's his first time on the circuit.

Well done Mr PM.

Comment

Oh dear....looks like the elections outcome really bothered you. You know you cant carry on this way for the next 4-5 years dont you...and probably even more after that.

To your post. Are you sure you read the headline of the piece or just zoned in on the quote and took it out of context.

That was the headline... and the the intent of the quote was restricted to the campaign (not his life) because little Stevie's campaign tried to shoehorn the "born with a silver spoon" and "He is not ready" bs in their incessant ads. JT was saying he had to work twice as hard to overcome that kind of electioneering. No doubt the Conservatives imported some election advisors from the Republicans in the US to run their ad campaign.

And how did that work out? I know he surprised me.

Re the interview JT must have been tired...now, as PM he shouldn't get personal about domestic politics especially in the foreign press...but he is young and he will learn. It's his first time on the circuit.

Well done Mr PM.
                      Trudeau hired Obamas campaign manager from 2008. Their campaigns were essentially they exact same.

From the article

"Asked by BBC television’s NewsNight program about his famous family name, Trudeau didn’t deny that having had his father Pierre Trudeau lead the country for almost 16 years opened some doors.

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said."

The interview was restricted to the campaign but his response is not
                      Because its 2015

Comment

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ive-attack-ads

From Justin Trudeau....

Um...

I....

This guy...

What a delusional moron.
                        A foot in the door doesn't lead you to success. A foot in the door gives you an opportunity to prove yourself, one that not everyone gets, but that allows an opportunity to earn success. Life isn't fair, not everyone is born equal. That's life, we don't live in a fairy tale. The man wasn't handed the Prime Minister job however. He had to earn the Liberal leadership and then he had to earn the support of the nation. Daddy didn't go very him a Prime Minister job and a majority government for his birthday. Stop the hate.

And how do you know how hard he works or had worked in achieving his current position? He probably DOES work twice as hard as the regular 9-5 Canadian. I only know a couple politicians and those guys are on the clock to some capacity whenever they're not sleeping. It would be difficult to outwork them.

Consider his father's track record and love in the country as well. It's a tough act to follow. I believe him, he no doubt feels a responsibility to his father's legacy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          A foot in the door doesn't lead you to success. A foot in the door gives you an opportunity to prove yourself, one that not everyone gets, but that allows an opportunity to earn success. Life isn't fair, not everyone is born equal. That's life, we don't live in a fairy tale. The man wasn't handed the Prime Minister job however. He had to earn the Liberal leadership and then he had to earn the support of the nation. Daddy didn't go very him a Prime Minister job and a majority government for his birthday. Stop the hate.

And how do you know how hard he works or had worked in achieving his current position? He probably DOES work twice as hard as the regular 9-5 Canadian. I only know a couple politicians and those guys are on the clock to some capacity whenever they're not sleeping. It would be difficult to outwork them.

Consider his father's track record and love in the country as well. It's a tough act to follow. I believe him, he no doubt feels a responsibility to his father's legacy.
                          Of course life isn't fair and of course not everyone is born equal. I have no problem with that. But give me a break, he did not have to work 2 or 3 times harder than everyone else. He had a wide open barn door to step through but he didn't even have to do that because he was carried in by his party.

My sister was very involved in the Liberal Party, she voted against Trudeau as head of the party. She told me that the bulk of the reasoning behind electing him was that they could sell the name. She is still a die hard liberal but has pulled away from her involvement after that experience. Take that for what it's worth from a guy on the Internet.

I have no doubt that he worked hard to become Prime Minister, you don't get to that point without hard work. But to say he had to work 2 or 3 times harder than everyone else is bullshit.

Sure he had to work hard when he got through the door, but at least it was opened for him. People work hard just to get to the door, let alone open it and they have the same hard work to do once they're in.

To me, a more honest response would have been, "Yes, my fathers name helped me along the way, but the examples he set through his work ethic and drive is what truly got me here. I believe I share many of those same attributes with him, but I also have my own ideas on how to lead this country and that's what I want to be evaluated on".

Or something along those lines.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Trudeau hired Obamas campaign manager from 2008. Their campaigns were essentially they exact same.

From the article

"Asked by BBC television’s NewsNight program about his famous family name, Trudeau didn’t deny that having had his father Pierre Trudeau lead the country for almost 16 years opened some doors.

“I think the way I was raised was that I have to work two or three times as hard as anyone else to walk through that door now that it’s open,” he said."

The interview was restricted to the campaign but his response is not
                            Re 1st quote: He was asked the usual question about his family name. He was being honest and open with his answer. He has a famous last name in Canada at least and you seem to be holding him responsible for it.

RE 2nd quote: His father passed away in his teens so he grew up with a single parent (who unfortunately had her own mental illness issues). You have no idea what he and his brothers had to go thru psychologically if not financially. That quote would also mean that once he won the leadership he had to work really hard to convince libs and then the country that he could live up to his last name (rightly or wrongly) leading the country. And that doesnt mean working helter skelter 20 hr days either. Having a famous name can be burdensome. Check on that.

You are apportioning intent with obvious bias. Take on his policies...that is more meaningful.

Comment

Re 1st quote: He was asked the usual question about his family name. He was being honest and open with his answer. He has a famous last name in Canada at least and you seem to be holding him responsible for it.

RE 2nd quote: His father passed away in his teens so he grew up with a single parent (who unfortunately had her own mental illness issues). You have no idea what he and his brothers had to go thru psychologically if not financially. That quote would also mean that once he won the leadership he had to work really hard to convince libs and then the country that he could live up to his last name (rightly or wrongly) leading the country. And that doesnt mean working helter skelter 20 hr days either. Having a famous name can be burdensome. Check on that.

You are apportioning intent with obvious bias. Take on his policies...that is more meaningful.
                              I might be biased, but him saying he works 2-3 times harder than everyone else is a joke.

I've been taking on his policy, most recently his refugee plans and his contribution to the corrupt UN.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Of course life isn't fair and of course not everyone is born equal. I have no problem with that. But give me a break, he did not have to work 2 or 3 times harder than everyone else. He had a wide open barn door to step through but he didn't even have to do that because he was carried in by his party.

My sister was very involved in the Liberal Party, she voted against Trudeau as head of the party. She told me that the bulk of the reasoning behind electing him was that they could sell the name. She is still a die hard liberal but has pulled away from her involvement after that experience. Take that for what it's worth from a guy on the Internet.

I have no doubt that he worked hard to become Prime Minister, you don't get to that point without hard work. But to say he had to work 2 or 3 times harder than everyone else is bullshit.

Sure he had to work hard when he got through the door, but at least it was opened for him. People work hard just to get to the door, let alone open it and they have the same hard work to do once they're in.

To me, a more honest response would have been, "Yes, my fathers name helped me along the way, but the examples he set through his work ethic and drive is what truly got me here. I believe I share many of those same attributes with him, but I also have my own ideas on how to lead this country and that's what I want to be evaluated on".

Or something along those lines.
                                I heard the interview. It sounded like at the heart of his statement was that he was ready to lead and it wasn't handed to him. He had to work really hard, it didn't come easy.
                                Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                I've been taking on his policy, most recently his refugee plans and his contribution to the corrupt UN.
                                Right, so you'd rather him have Canada turn their back on the international community and become one of those darling countries such as Iran, North Korea, Cuba, etc.?

Not to mention you don't even bother supporting such a bold claim that the UN is corrupt or explain in what way or on what level?

Comment

Working...
                                X