Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need to post them in here, I just need your original ordering list.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      ...That said, a bunch of your guys went for the same price and so there are ties which must be broken. Here is a great one time opportunity for you all as there are two ways to address this and one provides you with a potential competitive advantage:
      1. You send me a ordering of your team from highest to lowest with your determination of ordering of the ties(ie: when i get to the backend of my ordering I note that I bought three players for the same price of $2; Gordie, Wayne and Mario. When putting together my ordering I indicate that 21. Gordie, 22. Mario, 23. Wayne). Send this to me by Wednesday, September 30th. Let me know if this is unclear as I can post my own submission in here early for reference.
      2. If you do not send by September 30th I will break the ties by the ordering in which they were selected in the auction draft.
      What would be the competitive advantage?
      Sorry man I'm a little slow

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
        Next year is a straight draft, so the round you give up to keep a player corresponds to how expensive they were in relation to your other players. 3rd most expensive = 3rd round pick to keep
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
          What Axel said, plus the strategy about who you should slot into each round where you have ties. Maybe its more advantageous to have certain players go later when there's a tie.

Comment

Draft Order & FA Signings

Now(before the Wednesday deadline) is probably the absolute best time to make FA moves. Why? Because you can somewhat "control" what round that FA gets gets attached to.
            ie: I drafted Jagr but then worried he was too old and saw a young guy Domi sitting on the WW. I bought Jagr with $1 and he was tied with five others on my team at the back end. So, when I ordered my roster I marked Jagr as #23 and now when I drop him and take on Domi, Domi lands in slot #23.

One problem with this tactic is when I inevitably make another transaction. Let's say I cut someone else and sign a new guy later one. Let's say the someone else was a "5th rounder" and now lets say at the end of the season I don't keep the new guy I signed. In this case that 5th round doesn't open up for me, rather Domi moves from #23 to #5 and #23 opens open because the rule is:

Keeper cost:
            • If you drafted him: Draft pick from the round you originally drafted the player.
            • If you signed him: Highest available draft choice if you wish to keep them.
            • If you trade for player: Draft pick from the original draft round or the closest higher available draft slot.

I myself just made a couple moves ahead of the roster submissions. The guys I cut will be ordered as low as I can order them while staying within the rules. That way the new guys I signed have a greater chance at sticking at those lower rounds in the draft.

Comment

So if a team has 5 players at $1, that team can order those picks any way that they want regardless of if they were a teams 23rd pick or 5th pick?

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                So if a team has 5 players at $1, that team can order those picks any way that they want regardless of if they were a teams 23rd pick or 5th pick?
                Bingo.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. Value determines the round, not ordering. If you don't submit ordering though your guys will be sorted by value and then order.

Comment

Exactly. Value determines the round, not ordering. If you don't submit ordering though your guys will be sorted by value and then order.
                    Thanks Apollo! Should I submit my order here?

Comment

You can do so here or via PM.

In any regard I will post all teams in the OP later this week.

Comment

The season is about to start. You can change your lineups daily. You can set it for multiple variations as far out as you like but keep in mind that additions and drops will reset this.

Comment

i am ready for this to begin.

Comment

Good luck and I like the spirit.

Final words for me as the season starts up:
                            1. Update your lineups each week for a full week out. This ensures you don't miss a day which could end with you losing that week. Also note that when you make transactions this can reset your work so always double check after such moves(adds/drops and trades).
                            2. You all have a waiver wire moves cap for the season you can view in settings.
                            3. You all have a trade moves cap for the season you can view in settings.

If you ever are confused and need help don't be afraid to ask here or via PM.

Comment

Axel, daaamn. That was a tough start between the pipes for you.

Comment

what happened?

i mostly care about one team and every week a slight concern of another

Comment

Working...
                                X