No announcement yet.

DD Living in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would anyone with million of dollars in a bank account limit themselves to spending the entire year living in one place?

Seems a little foolish to me, I would certainly expect many athletes who are at least at the 5 plus million per year to have a condo or something where their team is, and one where they like to vacation, or their hometown or whatever.

Real estate is generally always a sound investment, so it isnt like they would be wasting money on 13 cars.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      why would anyone with million of dollars in a bank account limit themselves to spending the entire year living in one place?

Seems a little foolish to me, I would certainly expect many athletes who are at least at the 5 plus million per year to have a condo or something where their team is, and one where they like to vacation, or their hometown or whatever.

Real estate is generally always a sound investment, so it isnt like they would be wasting money on 13 cars.
      True, a lot of these athletes are positioning themselves as global "brands" nowadays, and not necessarily rooted to one particular place. Curry and Durant are good examples of that. The key to that strategy is winning.

Comment

I don't really care what demar is worried about because I'm not at all worried about a future without demar
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I don't really care what demar is worried about because I'm not at all worried about a future without demar
          You never know man.... It could have a rippling butterfly effect. Like Demar doesn't get drafted by the Raptors, instead we draft Brandon Jennings. Jennings puts up so many bricks, it weighs down the team plane, till one day eventually the team plane falls over Lake Erie, right where you and your wife are on a romantic canoe ride. Their plane falls directly on top of your canoe, and then we don't have a basketball team anymore.
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

AD was close minded. People study in Canada and get into best Medical/Dental/law schools in US. His argument was ridiculous.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              I wonder how many player-parents have schoold aged kids in their home-team city? Most have a home base independent of their current employer. I wouldn't be surprised if DD's family moves back to LA once his daughter is school aged.
              Actually, I don't see that. If he stays, she stays, I think. Why should he spend 8 months a year missing them? They can summer in L.A., and visit peeps. But once you're used to seeing them ... fuggedaboutit!

(And we have GREAT schools, entertainment, infrastructure ... everything. )

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                That whole ridiculousness said more about the small-mindedness of Antonio Davis than anything else. Any level-headed person would love to live in Toronto. Take note that of all of the players who either made a stink about playing in Canada, or are cited as being reasons the Raptors can't keep/attract talent (Vince, T-Mac, Stoudemire, Antonio, Steve Francis) NONE of them ever won a championship, and most of them were seen as underachieving throughout their careers. Those are the kind of results you get from someone without enough sense to embrace one of the greatest cities/countries in the world.

Edit: I had not eaten lunch before this post. I think I was a little hangry. Having now eaten, I don't feel nearly as strong on the subject.
                You forgot about the Rupaul of big men who won back to back championships in South Biatch.

Comment

Working...
                X